[PbP recruitment] Ride out, protectors of the realm!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Dr. Mindermast

Name-level psychologist
Reaction score
52691092934_3ff08ed754_c.jpg

Neon Knights is my new game, using a modified version of Fate Accelerated Edition. There's shared setting creation, swords and laser guns, and all the heavy metal references we can squeeze in there. I'm looking for 3-6 players to test it out with me (although if anyone feels inspired to run it themselves, with or without me as part of the group, that's cool too). If you're interested in giving it a try, post here and let's see what kind of party we can get together.

Current draft of the rules is available here. Familiarity with Fate is helpful but not mandatory.

Is this game still open and can you provide a brief summary of it?

Sure!

The basic premise is that the PCs are all knights in a fantasy/sci-fi setting with heavy metal aesthetics and magitech relics from a past age. Setting creation uses the system from Kids on Bikes, i.e. taking turns answering questions from a set list (although the specific questions are changed to apply to this game rather than that one, of course). That fills in some of the details about the Realm that the knights are protecting, and the threats they are protecting it from.

As far as running a game here, if we have enough interested players then it's definitely still open. I would prefer 3-6 but I could do it with two if that's all we get.

Sure!

The basic premise is that the PCs are all knights in a fantasy/sci-fi setting with heavy metal aesthetics and magitech relics from a past age. Setting creation uses the system from Kids on Bikes, i.e. taking turns answering questions from a set list (although the specific questions are changed to apply to this game rather than that one, of course). That fills in some of the details about the Realm that the knights are protecting, and the threats they are protecting it from.

As far as running a game here, if we have enough interested players then it's definitely still open. I would prefer 3-6 but I could do it with two if that's all we get.
I'd be willing to try if you've not started yet.

Sure!

Acknowledged. Is this play by post or will we have set sessions?

Play by post. I'll give it a couple days to see if more players express interest (plus the next couple days are likely to be busy at work), and then after that I can set it up.

Awesome! I'll set up a setting creation threat shortly and then link it here.
EDIT - here it is

We still have room for a couple more players if anybody else finds this and wants to join.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back