Pendragon - Sons of Logres (Chargen/OOC)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Harl Quinn

Veteran of the Clone Wars
Reaction score
Character Generation
Character generation is handled using the rules presented in Chapter Two of the Pendragon 5th edition rulebook (5.0, 5.1, and 5.2). As the starting year is 494 and not 485, we will not be using the Salisbury Family History (at the beginning of Chapter 3).

If you don't want to go through all the hassle of creating a character, you may choose one of the pre-generated characters (The Average Knight, The Courtier, The Master of the Hunt, and The Fighter) from the rulebook. I have prepared several other character concepts below if anyone is interested in building a character around them.

Knight Character Concepts
The Brute

Might makes right! In this dark age, the Saxons roam almost unchallenged throughout the land, pillaging and plundering. The only way to oppose them is through sheer force of arms and will! As a knight, you plan to show them who is the better warrior by splitting their skulls and trampling them under the hooves of your warhorse! Chivalry? That word may mean something between Britons, but the Saxons know no chivalry, so why should you show it to them?

The Illegitimate Son
Born of a tryst between your mother and a nobleman other than your mother's husband (the man you openly call father), you are caught between two lands. Your elder half-brother inherits everything from your mother's husband, and your younger half-brother inherits everything from your father in a bid to hide your father's shame. Though you bear this disgrace with quiet strength, you chafe at the thought of remaining a house knight for your elder brother while being seen as less than nothing by your birth father. Your destiny lies in the choices you will make - will you strike out to earn your own glory and lands or challenge your younger brother for control of your father's estate? (NOTE: Given the disparity of ages between this character and his younger brother, I will NOT allow the younger brother to be played as a PC until such time as the younger brother hits age 18.)

The Penitent Knight
Your faith is your shield - regardless of your religion - and you will hold to its truths and let them guide you as a knight. Perhaps you are penitent for a sin - real or imagined - you or another member of your family or clan committed. Perhaps you seek to better yourself through your faith and prove yourself worthy of your deity's notice and favor? Whatever the reason, you struggle to remain pure when others around you revel in impurity. This does not necessarily mean you won't find an amor and marry - just that you hold yourself to a higher - perhaps even impossible - standard of behavior and honor.

The Questing Knight
You seek glory not in feats of arms and chivalry, but in attaining the goal of a quest - be it to see (or even possess) the Holy Grail, slay a dragon (or other fantastic creature), or retrieve an heirloom or relic. Chivalry can certainly go a long way in aiding a quest, but the quest is overall your main pursuit! Over the course of your quest, you may meet and travel alongside may different people - some good, others bad. At the same time, your quest may change as well as you grow in experience and skill. What you quest for today may not be what you seek in years to come. May you truly find what it is you seek...

The Vengeful Warrior
Your father was killed by the father of another PC during your childhood (with the permission of another PC's player, give your character the Passion Hate (another PC's father) and roll 1d6 to rate it). Though you know deep down inside a man cannot - and should not - be punished for his father's sins, you crave vengeance upon his killer's house. You know that as a knight, you are bound by the codes of hospitality and chivalry - will you uphold them and come to terms with your anger, or will your anger and grief overcome chivalry and lead to bloodshed?

Naming Your Character
If anyone has difficulty in choosing a name, you may want to try creating a name for your character. Below is an Arthurian name generator created by Jonas Pope and featured in issue 11.08 of the Chaosium Digest. The generator relies on 2d10 for determining the first element and 1d10 and 1d6 for the second element of the character's name.

Reference: Arthurian Name Generator by Jonas Pope (Chaosium Digest 11.08)
upload_2018-5-13_21-42-51.jpeg

upload_2018-5-13_21-43-6.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-13_18-16-48.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-13_18-16-48.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2018-5-13_21-31-20.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-13_21-31-20.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-5-13_21-31-45.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-13_21-31-45.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 5
  • upload_2018-5-13_21-32-35.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-13_21-32-35.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2018-5-13_21-34-15.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-13_21-34-15.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 4
Designing or Choosing a Coat of Arms
Designing a coat of arms can be a bit daunting if you're not familiar with heraldry. I know I was confused at first and looking at some of the heraldry for the Round Table knights didn't help (some looked like they violated the rules of having colors next to colors and metals next to metals). At any rate, if you don't want to dive into the system, I've Photoshopped a number of crests for you to choose from if you want:

Reference: Predesigned Crests

upload_2018-5-13_21-55-26.jpegcrest2_zpscov6gqw1.JPG crest3_zpsv900x7n2.JPG crest4_zpstlraofmi.JPG crest5_zpsvk83cpj7.JPG crest6_zpsyrnb31ej.JPG crest7_zps4l3ldi4m.JPG crest8_zpsh9ougwpy.JPG crest9_zpszzt79uwe.JPG

I might join...but the Traveller game we already have gets in the way, to be honest.

Whatever happened to this? I remember when you floated it you got a bunch of sign-ups right off the bat. :trigger:

Whatever happened to this? I remember when you floated it you got a bunch of sign-ups right off the bat. :trigger:
That's what I'd like to know. Nobody seemed to jump in after I posted that the OOC/Chargen thread was up... It's not like there's a huge problem with the noise to signal ratio here like other places... *sigh* Such is life...

If you don't fill your quota, I'd be interested depending on the premise. That is, do the players have some specific goal, are we going on a quest, just freeform what-happens-in-Logres-stays-in-Logres?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back