Pirates of the Spanish Main

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
If I were to offer up Pirates of the Spanish Main, as a way of learning it better before attempting it live, in person, in real time at the table, would anyone be interested? (As with Boot Hill, this would be a trial run to see what works when I get a chance to run it at the table.) Most likely it would be a romanticized historical version of the Golden Age of Piracy since the underlying Savage Worlds rules seem geared for more "cinematic" action-adventure than "realistic," but that's okay with me. I'd also probably set it circa 1660s in the Caribbean. I haven't worked out a starting set-up yet. Posting frequency by players would need to be at least every other day as anything less slows things down a lot. I'm currently reading and parsing the rules and have never run a Savage Worlds game, so anyone familiar with it should feel free to let me know of any misreadings I make of the rules.

This is just an if right now: I still need to finish reading the basics and seeing how ship-to-ship action works.

I would be tentatively interested. I've never played a Savage Worlds game, although I've looked at plenty of material for it (Pirates of the Spanish Main not being part of that, though), but it's a system I'm definitely interested in getting more experience with.

I'd consider dropping out of the OD&D to make space for this one:wink:.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back