(play-by-post) Attack the darkness! A non serious BX ish game

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Reaction score
Sounds good! :thumbsup:

Are you sure you don't wanna "pre-program" Pet Tricks so as to account for their limited understanding of my communication? It helps complicate them. I'll still talk to them naturally most of the time, yet having a few Commands empowers-and-limits me as well as leaves room for your interpretation of my pets. :hehe::crap:
Sorry for the delay. Yes that sounds fair. How does five semi complex commands? Sit stay follow are simple commands.
Simple commands are free.
Complex commands are like attack a specific opponent.

Sound reasonable?

opaopajr

Legendary Member
Reaction score
:sad: I was thinking 3 simple commands per INT, and maybe 1 compound command of two simple commands per INT (and or one simple plus fear check). Otherwise I have to spend Actions to coach them on through. Since most animals rarely breach 3 INT it'd really tamp down their action ecomony power.

This is so much power! :weep: Whatever shall I do? :clown:
I accept! :thumbsup: I also will restrain myself from abuse of your generosity. :closed::heart: I am the easy going player.

Endless Flight

Rise Above
Administrator
Reaction score
My apologies for not keeping up guys. I think I'm better off as a GM than as a player. Thank you for giving me a chance to join though. Best of luck with the game!

Bunch

Reaction score
My apologies for not keeping up guys. I think I'm better off as a GM than as a player. Thank you for giving me a chance to join though. Best of luck with the game!
no biggie. If you change your mind just pop in.

Bunch

Reaction score
This is miraculously still limping along! Anyone else interested in joining in a slow moving play by post that handles absence well?

spittingimage

hawwwk-ptui
Reaction score
Still looking for players? I just bought the B/X Essentials books and this looks about the weight I can handle.

Bunch

Reaction score
Still looking for players? I just bought the B/X Essentials books and this looks about the weight I can handle.
hey it's only been a few months but I am now responding. Sure new players would be great. How up on things are you so far?

spittingimage

hawwwk-ptui
Reaction score
hey it's only been a few months but I am now responding. Sure new players would be great. How up on things are you so far?
Not very. I'll devote some time to catching up on the thread in the near future.

I'm just about to leave town for a five-day long weekend and may or may not go dark depending on whether the hotel has decent wifi, but I expect to be both jetlagged and busy to the point of sacrificing sleep during that time. If I'm silent for a while, that's why.

opaopajr

Legendary Member
Reaction score
No worries, this game has Nap Times! :grin: Because old people like naps (and hate drafts)! :yawn:

Bunch

Reaction score
Not very. I'll devote some time to catching up on the thread in the near future.

I'm just about to leave town for a five-day long weekend and may or may not go dark depending on whether the hotel has decent wifi, but I expect to be both jetlagged and busy to the point of sacrificing sleep during that time. If I'm silent for a while, that's why.
You could accurately describe the speed of this game as psuedo glacial due to GM speed.

Bunch

Reaction score

To speed your entry we could just make you a prisoner of the recently defeated snakemen. Either be from the original village or not up to you.

opaopajr

Legendary Member
Reaction score
To speed your entry we could just make you a prisoner of the recently defeated snakemen. Either be from the original village or not up to you.
:clown:
Ooh, ooh, ooh! Can he be another sentient item? :clown: We got a scroll and some bladdersacks! Or maybe he can be the last sentient remains of the snakemen mystery meat? :ooh: Ooh, spooky!:skeleton:

Bunch

Reaction score
He said he'd be incommunicado for a bit. I'm out this weekend. If I hear nothing by Tuesday, I'll continue where we are and work him in later.

opaopajr

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Do we get a Sapient Mystery Meat PC? :dice: Where are you spittingimage?:heart:

Bunch

Reaction score
@spittingimage yooo whoo! Come out to play!

Sorry posted this before I saw what was happening in your real life. Do what you gotta do!

spittingimage

hawwwk-ptui
Reaction score
@spittingimage yooo whoo! Come out to play!

Sorry posted this before I saw what was happening in your real life. Do what you gotta do!
I'm about halfway through reading the IC thread. I've random-genned a bunch of characters, but figure I'll settle on whichever one fills an empty niche when I reach the end of page 4.

I admit my concentration isn't entirely there tonight.

Bunch

Reaction score
I'm going to be busy the next couple days so no huge rush on my end.

Bunch

Reaction score
Yes please come to the dark side. We have tentacle cookies!