(play-by-post) Attack the darkness! A non serious BX ish game

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Sounds good! :thumbsup:

Are you sure you don't wanna "pre-program" Pet Tricks so as to account for their limited understanding of my communication? It helps complicate them. I'll still talk to them naturally most of the time, yet having a few Commands empowers-and-limits me as well as leaves room for your interpretation of my pets. :hehe::crap:
Sorry for the delay. Yes that sounds fair. How does five semi complex commands? Sit stay follow are simple commands.
Simple commands are free.
Complex commands are like attack a specific opponent.

Sound reasonable?

:sad: I was thinking 3 simple commands per INT, and maybe 1 compound command of two simple commands per INT (and or one simple plus fear check). Otherwise I have to spend Actions to coach them on through. Since most animals rarely breach 3 INT it'd really tamp down their action ecomony power.

This is so much power! :weep: Whatever shall I do? :clown:
I accept! :thumbsup: I also will restrain myself from abuse of your generosity. :closed::heart: I am the easy going player.

My apologies for not keeping up guys. I think I'm better off as a GM than as a player. Thank you for giving me a chance to join though. Best of luck with the game!

My apologies for not keeping up guys. I think I'm better off as a GM than as a player. Thank you for giving me a chance to join though. Best of luck with the game!
no biggie. If you change your mind just pop in.

This is miraculously still limping along! Anyone else interested in joining in a slow moving play by post that handles absence well?

Still looking for players? I just bought the B/X Essentials books and this looks about the weight I can handle.

Still looking for players? I just bought the B/X Essentials books and this looks about the weight I can handle.
hey it's only been a few months but I am now responding. Sure new players would be great. How up on things are you so far?

hey it's only been a few months but I am now responding. Sure new players would be great. How up on things are you so far?
Not very. I'll devote some time to catching up on the thread in the near future.

I'm just about to leave town for a five-day long weekend and may or may not go dark depending on whether the hotel has decent wifi, but I expect to be both jetlagged and busy to the point of sacrificing sleep during that time. If I'm silent for a while, that's why.

No worries, this game has Nap Times! :grin: Because old people like naps (and hate drafts)! :yawn:

Not very. I'll devote some time to catching up on the thread in the near future.

I'm just about to leave town for a five-day long weekend and may or may not go dark depending on whether the hotel has decent wifi, but I expect to be both jetlagged and busy to the point of sacrificing sleep during that time. If I'm silent for a while, that's why.

You could accurately describe the speed of this game as psuedo glacial due to GM speed.

To speed your entry we could just make you a prisoner of the recently defeated snakemen. Either be from the original village or not up to you.

To speed your entry we could just make you a prisoner of the recently defeated snakemen. Either be from the original village or not up to you.
:clown:
Ooh, ooh, ooh! Can he be another sentient item? :clown: We got a scroll and some bladdersacks! Or maybe he can be the last sentient remains of the snakemen mystery meat? :ooh: Ooh, spooky!:skeleton:

He said he'd be incommunicado for a bit. I'm out this weekend. If I hear nothing by Tuesday, I'll continue where we are and work him in later.

Do we get a Sapient Mystery Meat PC? :dice: Where are you spittingimage?:heart:

spittingimage spittingimage yooo whoo! Come out to play!

Sorry posted this before I saw what was happening in your real life. Do what you gotta do!

spittingimage spittingimage yooo whoo! Come out to play!

Sorry posted this before I saw what was happening in your real life. Do what you gotta do!
I'm about halfway through reading the IC thread. I've random-genned a bunch of characters, but figure I'll settle on whichever one fills an empty niche when I reach the end of page 4.

I admit my concentration isn't entirely there tonight.

I'm going to be busy the next couple days so no huge rush on my end.

Yes please come to the dark side. We have tentacle cookies!

:cry: Is spittingimage gonna come out to play, ma'am? :clown:

I am neeeeearly caught up on the current state of play.

Hate to plead real life complications, but I'm currently getting my father's house ready for sale to pay for his nursing home. I have my partner, my sister and her husband helping, but 40 years of my mother using the yard as her personal landfill are making it a big job. I've been nodding off at the keyboard the last few nights.

There actually wasn't that much left!

Nikodemus the Medium
lvl 1 Magic User, lawful

STR 6 (To-hit -1, to-dam -1, open doors -1), DEX 12, CON 15 (HP +1), INT 16, WIS 12, CHA 7 (Reaction -1, 3 retainers/morale 6)

HP 5

Backpack 5gp
Mirror 5gp
Iron spikes (12) 1gpm
Rations (7 days) 5gp
Oil (3) 6gp
Lantern 10gp
Rope (50 ft) 1gp
Tinder box 3gp
Sack (large) 2 4gp
Waterskin 1gp

Silver dagger 30gp
(total 71 out of 180 gp)

Robes (AC 8)

Spells per day: 1
Spells known: Sleep

Saves: Breath 16, Poison 13, Paralyse 13, Wands 14, Spells 15

Languages: Common, Lawful, Bugbear, Halfling

Special power: can throw the sound of his joints cracking.

Last edited:
We're a gaggle of uncharismatic grognards! :grin: Get off my lawn!:irritated::sleep:

There actually wasn't that much left!

Nikodemus the Medium
lvl 1 Magic User, lawful

STR 6 (To-hit -1, to-dam -1, open doors -1), DEX 12, CON 15 (HP +1), INT 16, CHA 7 (Reaction -1, 3 retainers/morale 6)

HP 5

Backpack 5gp
Mirror 5gp
Iron spikes (12) 1gpm
Rations (7 days) 5gp
Oil (3) 6gp
Lantern 10gp
Rope (50 ft) 1gp
Tinder box 3gp
Sack (large) 2 4gp
Waterskin 1gp

Silver dagger 30gp
(total 71 out of 180 gp)

Robes (AC 8)

Spells per day: 1
Spells known: Sleep

Saves: Breath 16, Poison 13, Paralyse 13, Wands 14, Spells 15

Languages: Common, Lawful, Bugbear, Halfling

Special power: can throw the sound of his joints cracking.
Excellent! spittingimage spittingimage You are and if you wish have always been a member of the group. Perhaps you spent most of the time asleep, perhaps dementia is effecting you're party and gm such that we have neglected or forgotten your valuable contributions. Perhaps you heard the initial call to arms and were just slow to get here. I leave how you got here to you but you are standing here now free to act with whatever knowledge of the past you wish.

Wait! :shock: Nikodemus has no Wisdom? :goof: Maybe typo?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back