Veteran of the Clone Wars
- May 12, 2017
- Reaction score
Spinward Traders LIC is looking for people willing and able to act as traders and shippers throughout the Marches... Applicants must be capable of dealing effectively with:
- and Worse
How many player slots are there?
Seven total; three are currently occupied and four are open.
What do you need to play the game?
- Access to the first edition of Mongoose Publishing's version of Traveller. If you cannot afford a copy of the rules, you can get the core rules in Book 0, which is free.
- Access to the following websites:
No knowledge of the Original Traveller Universe (OTU) is needed. The initial game will be constrained to the Regina Subsector of the Spinward Marches, but those constraints may be loosened to include other regions if we decide to continue beyond the initial arc. The game starts in the year 1116 of the GURPS Traveller timeline.
How does GURPS Traveller's timeline differ from Classic/MegaTraveller's?
In the CT/MT timeline, Emperor Strephon, along with his wife and daughter, are assassinated by Archduke Dulinor of Ilellish. In the GURPS Traveller timeline, Dulinor is killed in a spacecraft explosion on the same date as Strephon's death in the CT/MT timeline. All other events leading up to the event are the same. Likewise, a number of non-Rebellion related or relevant events still take place per my discretion as GM.
Character Generation Guidelines
- Players may have up to two characters to facilitate ensemble/troupe-style play. This means that not every PC may feature in a given adventure.
- The core rulebook is the foundation for character generation. If you don't have a copy of the core rules or can't afford to buy a PDF of the core rules, you can get the core rules in Book 0, which is free.
- Characters may have higher education using the rules presented in Book 10: Cosmopolite, Book 1: Mercenary (second edition), Career Book 2 by Spica Publishing, or Universal Machine Press' University and Graduate School supplements (essentially the same as what's in Career Book 2).
- If you have access to the following books, you may use them. Book 9: Robot is excluded as I feel the rules are a bit sketchy. If I decide to allow robot PCs, it will most likely be under a combination of rules from Book 9 and 13Mann Verlag's Robots supplement.
- Book 1: Mercenary (second edition)
- Book 2: High Guard
- Book 3: Scout
- Book 4: Psion - GM permission needed
- Book 5: Agent
- Book 6: Scoundrel
- Book 7: Merchant Prince
- Book 8: Dilettante
- Book 10: Cosmopolite
- Alien Module 1: Aslan
- Alien Module 2: Vargr
- Alien Module 3: Darrians
- Alien Module 4: Zhodani - GM permission needed
- Alien Module 5: Solomani
- Sword Worlds - GM permission needed
- Players who have access to the Traveller Wiki, GURPS Traveller, Classic/MegaTraveller, and T20 may certainly access lore from them, but as GM I hold final say on canon.
- With regard to character backgrounds, select a fitting homeworld from one of the following subsectors based on your character's background skills:
- Spurl Subsector (Vargr)
- Uthe Subsector (Vargr)
- Firgr Subsector (Vargr)
- Jewell Subsector (Imperial)
- Regina Subsector (starting region - Imperial)
- Aramis Subsector (Imperial)
- Vilis Subsector (Imperial)
- Lanth Subsector (Imperial)
- Rhylanor Subsector (Imperial)
- Spurl Subsector (Vargr)
- If you select any character art to represent your character, please make sure it is family friendly.
- If you want to play a character younger than 18, we will be using the rules provided in the Traveller's Digest article, Children in MegaTraveller. I like these rules better as they seem a bit more organized and not as loose as those given in Freelance Traveller (Child's Play by Mark Graybill and Starting Early by Bo Wozniak).
- With regard to gear, currently only the Central Supply Catalogue and Cybernetics are allowed beyond the rulebook and both require GM permission.
- If you have access to the following third party books, you may use them with GM permission:
- Samardan Press
- Spica Publishing