Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
...put multiple humourless notices or a rambling mini essay at the top of the forum.

:crap:

How about “Happy Meme Hour” announcement for every day between 5-7?

It's always 5 - 7 somewhere!

QCaCGVB.gif

Save it ‘till I’m dead. Way 2020 is going, you should be clear to use it by March 2021z

Silly, thematic announcements might be appropriate. "Attention, all mutants, heretics, and optimists are to report for immediate termination!" or some such drivel.

You gotta wonder what someone brand new to the forumwars makes of those posts at the top of the forums eh?

You gotta wonder what someone brand new to the forumwars makes of those posts at the top of the forums eh?
Based on the two forums you’re probably talking about, the notices plastered all over the place have nothing to do with RPG forumwars on the standard topics. It’s all politics and US Culturewar crap, in which case they’re probably used to it. This place would possibly be more confusing. :grin:

Based on the two forums you’re probably talking about, the notices plastered all over the place have nothing to do with RPG forumwars on the standard topics. It’s all politics and US Culturewar crap, in which case they’re probably used to it. This place would possibly be more confusing. :grin:

Here, it would be a rant about geese, talking about Swo and Geedis, capped off with a dad joke

Forumwars have evolved/devolved!

It’s never evolved. It’s always devolved. I think the second law of thermodynamics should apply to forums as well (although forums aren’t really closed systems). I’d like to think I’d be shocked by what I see out there but I’d be lying if I said I was.

Petty forum wars and burning hot flamewars have been around since the days of bulletin board systems and usenet, probably even as far back as proto-systems like PLATO. That's an awful lot of entropy, but open systems can exhibit much more complex behaviour than closed systems - folks and memes can come in, stir up their own internal shit, leave their mark on the community, and then exit in a mutated form.

Ha, yeah probably. I just imagine someone googling to find discussions of rpgs and stumbling across places where actual rpg discussion seems tangential at best.

But I guess most of those joining forums these days trend over 40 and have dim memories of the pits of flamewars and nonsense most forums have always been.

That's why I appreciate the Pub so much, most of the time it makes discussion of the hobby a form of relaxation instead of a stress.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back