PNW gamers

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Bunch

The other Mods are geese!
Reaction score
I'd like to eventually meet some of you all since many of you seem like my kind of people.

Who all A) is in the greater PNW (WA,OR,ID,BC general area)?

Who'd be interested in getting together after this whole Covid thing wears off?

I will fucking be there if we go to the tiki karaoke bar in Capitol Hill and to Skäl in Ballard. 3 hours out, tricities.

I'd like to eventually meet some of you all since many of you seem like my kind of people.

Who all A) is in the greater PNW (WA,OR,ID,BC general area)?

Who'd be interested in getting together after this whole Covid thing wears off?
I used to run semi-regular drinkies for the London-based folks in the DBA stackexchange forum that I'm involved in. I think this is a jolly good idea if you can pull it off - it was a great community builder. Sadly, due to living on the other side of the world, I can't attend but I wholeheartedly support this idea.

Portland OR for me, but highly unlikely I would get to travel for gaming stuff with all my family obligations. So if we did a meetup here in Portland I might make it. Seattle (a far better bet as a larger city and more central for all of PNW) not so likely.

Frank

Portland OR for me, but highly unlikely I would get to travel for gaming stuff with all my family obligations. So if we did a meetup here in Portland I might make it. Seattle (a far better bet as a larger city and more central for all of PNW) not so likely.

Frank
i'm also game for portland. i love portland. it does not, however, as far as i know, have a nordic beer hall and a karaoke tiki bar.

i'm also game for portland. i love portland. it does not, however, as far as i know, have a nordic beer hall and a karaoke tiki bar.
Given how many bars there are in Portland I'd be shocked if it didn't have a karaoke tiki bar.

I'm also not sure how many of any bars will still be alive when this is over.....

Given how many bars there are in Portland I'd be shocked if it didn't have a karaoke tiki bar.

I'm also not sure how many of any bars will still be alive when this is over.....
And I'm game for Portland as an idea. I don't know if I can swing it but I'd try.

there are a couple actually. Portland does have a meadery, which might be an acceptable substitute.

Alright folks how much snow do you have? 7" here

Attachments

• PXL_20210213_152628543-01.jpeg
    PXL_20210213_152628543-01.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 7
We get Snow starting tonight and continuing through the week.

I haven't measured but right in the 6-7" range.

Did some shoveling for about an hour. Easy going for a while, since it was light and powdery stuff. But got cold and tired, so said screw this. I'll do more later and tomorrow.

Oh you said “tiki” bar! I thought at first you meant a different kind of bar that sounds similar. I was going to ask if you find concentrating during the game difficult...
you can find a lot of those in portland too. probably even one combined.

Alright folks how much snow do you have? 7" here

about the same here. seriously thinking about trading my car for a cybertruck.

I haven't measured but right in the 6-7" range.

Did some shoveling for about an hour. Easy going for a while, since it was light and powdery stuff. But got cold and tired, so said screw this. I'll do more later and tomorrow.
This is probably a stupid question but remember I’m from a hot environment... Could you use a leaf blower to blow away the snow?

This is probably a stupid question but remember I’m from a hot environment... Could you use a leaf blower to blow away the snow?
Yes and no. Depends on the snow. When its super cold. The snow is dry, and very powdery. You could use a blower. But it pretty much would make more of a mess, as its gonna blow all over, and if theirs wind forget about it. Plus if you shovel, plow, or snow blow. You can crown the sides to help with areas drifting in. Now if its a bit warmer and you have a wet snow. A leaf blower will do absolutely nothing.

Yes and no. Depends on the snow. When its super cold. The snow is dry, and very powdery. You could use a blower. But it pretty much would make more of a mess, as its gonna blow all over, and if theirs wind forget about it. Plus if you shovel, plow, or snow blow. You can crown the sides to help with areas drifting in. Now if its a bit warmer and you have a wet snow. A leaf blower will do absolutely nothing.
Sounds like a lot of work!

Maybe 6" here in SW Portland up near Terwilliger and Taylor's Ferry.

I'm back in BC so I'd be interested but feel we still got quite a while until the border opens. Love Seattle and Portland though and haven't visited in a number of years.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back