Podcast Reccomendations

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Stevethulhu

Studiously Indifferent
Reaction score
Is this in the right sub forum? If not, please move it to where it belongs.

Does anyone have any links to good gaming podcasts? I'm being purely selfish here, I spend all day driving a van, so I want something to listen to.

So if anyone has any good links, feel free to them here.

Not gaming, but The White Vault is a great Mythos-style story.

Could be quite intensely detailed for casual listening though

Not quite gaming but I watched some episodes of Trash Taste, which is a podcast done by some anime youtubers. If you think of it as a sort of Top Gear for weebs, you wouldn't be a million miles off; two of the presenters are Poms and the other one is Australian. It's just 3 dudes talking shite on camera, but the presenters have great chemistry and the podcast has loads of energy. I'm not a serious anime fanboy any more than I am a petrolhead, but I enjoy watching it or putting on in the background for much the same reasons as I used to enjoy Top Gear.

I'm slowly working my way through it now. I think I've watched or listened to about 20 episodes of it over the past few weeks and I havent' gotten bored of it yet. The individual episodes are about two hours long, so they're quite good to put on in the background while you're doing something else, and it's definitely light enough to pick up and put down as you want to.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed some of the stuff recommended in this thread:

Good Friends... is good.

The Brits tend to do the best gaming podcasts in my experience. They don't ramble about their weekends and tend to have better production.

One exception, although I believe one of the hosts is British, is Fear of a Black Dragon who review mostly OSR and some classic D&D adventures.

What Would the Smart Party Do? covers a lot of different rpgs with good humour.

Grognard Files does an excellent job detailing UK rpg history with some excellent interviews with important 80s designers and editors from GW, etc.

Fictoplasm is a great combination of fantasy/sf book review and ideas of how to use them in rpgs.

Bastionland by Chris McDowall (Into the Odd, Electric Bastionland) is a good series of interviews with OSR and other game designers.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. Not gaming but since so many gamers are into history I think of the subject as gaming adjacent.

I've enjoyed some of the stuff recommended in this thread:

This is what I came here for, thanks. :thumbsup:

Bumping this one to recommend the BBC's Lovecraft Investigations. High production quality and acting. My wife who is in no way a fan of fantasy, sci-fi, or horror was addicted to this series. I really enjoyed the modern take on Lovecraft's world.

Dwarven Moss is a two player actual play of D&D 5E's Curse of Strahd. The voice talent of Boren & Wendle's actors is nothing short of astonishing.

And I'm not sure how this forum feels about ENWorlds but I get on with Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop Talk, which has discussions, news roundup, and comedic sketches.

PS: Love the Powerslave profile pic. My favourite song from the album is Rime of the Ancient Mariner, a great influence on many adventures I've made! ^^

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back