Post a piece of art you could write an entire campaign based on

Chris Brady

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Please tell me I'm not the only one whose first thought seeing that was "deathtrap & chronic radiation exposure"?
Yes, because the land would already be a desert environment, long before anyone though of having a picnic.

Giganotosaurus

I'm an educated fool with Wizards on my mind
Reaction score
Please tell me I'm not the only one whose first thought seeing that was "deathtrap & chronic radiation exposure"?
My first thought was "Gee that door in the side of the dome sure is a safety hazard, no airlock or anything."

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
It is from a somewhat surreal film called the Color of Pomegranates; and I have kept on seeing that image today. To me, I think maybe she tells of illusions, that could be fortunes, or a quest for what is missing. She's the poet's muse in the film, appearing in multiple roles.

Parajanov was a genius.

Some of his imagery from The Colour of Pomengranates was nicked by a video director for Madonna. A common practice among video directors is to make a 'tribute' to a great art-film director that the vast majority of the pop fans are unlikely to get.

chuckdee

Legendary Member
Reaction score
That's one of the weirder "robot giving head" pics I've seen.
I don't know what's more disturbing - the idea? Or the fact that I don't know what image this references...

dragoner

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Parajanov was a genius.

Some of his imagery from The Colour of Pomengranates was nicked by a video director for Madonna. A common practice among video directors is to make a 'tribute' to a great art-film director that the vast majority of the pop fans are unlikely to get.

He was and it is very sad how he was treated by the Soviet authorities over being gay. One thing that died with the USSR were all the small cultural writers, and film makers collectives, and now it seems their voices are silent.

dragoner

Legendary Member
Reaction score
It is from a somewhat surreal film called the Color of Pomegranates; and I have kept on seeing that image today. To me, I think maybe she tells of illusions, that could be fortunes, or a quest for what is missing. She's the poet's muse in the film, appearing in multiple roles.
How about this, is that she sells you illusions of life, love, warmth, and hope; then it's "And I Awoke and Found Me Here on the Cold Hill's Side" where you either give up, or try to fight it back. Either way you have lost a huge chunk of your life. (You can tell where my life is at)

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com