Post a piece of art you could write an entire campaign based on

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
And that's how we got half dragons and nasty rumors that dragons are evil.

image-20161212-26077-1eoyq91.jpeg

This ended up becoming the unofficial theme of my Chill/Cryptworld modern-day horror campaign:

My favorite two-hit wonder!

(at least in the U.S., I think they did better in Europe.)

Stefan Koidl-www.kaifineart.com-4.jpg

I'm thinking a Mutant Year Zero game run where your Ark is an old cruise ship, which I believe is one of the sample Arks from the book. Alternately a post-apocalyptic game run using something like Other Dust or Broken Earth for Savage Worlds where the main goal in the campaign is to find an old cruise ship to obtain food/medicine/supplies for your group/tribe/settlement. Those things are practically small floating cities and could be a rich find for some post-apocalyptic scavengers.

View attachment 47900

I'm thinking a Mutant Year Zero game run where your Ark is an old cruise ship, which I believe is one of the sample Arks from the book. Alternately a post-apocalyptic game run using something like Other Dust or Broken Earth for Savage Worlds where the main goal in the campaign is to find an old cruise ship to obtain food/medicine/supplies for your group/tribe/settlement. Those things are practically small floating cities and could be a rich find for some post-apocalyptic scavengers.

I think that one is called "Welcome to Asgard", following the Thor, Love and Thunder movie.

stefan-koidl-creepy-painting-32.jpg

Definite Silent Legions/Delta Green/Night's Black Agents vibe from this one. I really wonder about this killing field in the shadow of wealth and high technology. Almost makes me think of mafia dumping grounds in northern New Jersey, only in this case the hitman looks like a priest or businessman. Sopranos meets They Live/Us.

I really wonder about this killing field in the shadow of wealth and high technology.
I'm thinking the glowy-eyed folks come from the towers... they have the tech/money/power... and prey on the regular folks living in the lowlands. The guy in the suit w/purse is just an average guy with a vendetta because they stole his kids/family/dog/truck.

I'm thinking the glowy-eyed folks come from the towers... they have the tech/money/power... and prey on the regular folks living in the lowlands. The guy in the suit w/purse is just an average guy with a vendetta because they stole his kids/family/dog/truck.
John the Wicked Slayer:grin:?

Imagine trying to explore a feywyrld landscape conceptualised by polish artist Jacek Yerka...

1658635772413.png
1658635371060.png
1658634729204.png
1658634278207.png
1658634334530.png
1658634461429.png
1658634572611.png
1658634786592.png

No idea what system for this - but nothing too gritty; something that can be played very emotive and narrative focused...

Last edited:
View attachment 47901

Definite Silent Legions/Delta Green/Night's Black Agents vibe from this one. I really wonder about this killing field in the shadow of wealth and high technology. Almost makes me think of mafia dumping grounds in northern New Jersey, only in this case the hitman looks like a priest or businessman. Sopranos meets They Live/Us.
This says something Blade Runner to me, but then I view all sci-fi like that!

View attachment 47954
Just screams MegaCity & Judge Dred to me.
Seems a bit low density for that, unless that's the roofs of other buildings and not the buildings themselves (like Coruscant).

That *is* Mega CIty One isn't it? from the Karl Urban Judge Dredd film?
Possibly, but that suffered from the same effect. Every building in MC1 (comic) is 10s of stories tall, with inter connecting road and pedways.

Now I know there are no real places like that (filmed on location in South Africa if memory serves me right - probably not!), but I would have thought in this day and age they could CGI one.

EDIT: Although the film is 10 years old now, and it was South Africa (at least predominantly, don't know if that shot is genuinely SA).

Possibly, but that suffered from the same effect. Every building in MC1 (comic) is 10s of stories tall, with inter connecting road and pedways.

Now I know there are no real places like that (filmed on location in South Africa if memory serves me right - probably not!), but I would have thought in this day and age they could CGI one.

EDIT: Although the film is 10 years old now, and it was South Africa (at least predominantly, don't know if that shot is genuinely SA).

It was South Africa. They did the location shots for the round building here.

This would be an alternate history chronicle. (Kinda like Apple's For all Mankind). Imagine space travel thirty to forty years before, with the British/ UK spearheading space and rocket science.

Note: Several Germans (and Americans) would of been in the UK towards the start of tension, as they were interested in civilian/ transportation rocketry long before other things. (Given a few of them, they would of seen no reason to go back).

It also would of pulled many physicists from a variety of fields and put them either in the same place or near each other. That interaction could of generated many scientific advances ahead of our timeline.

Plus Jet engines would of been a possibility in 1938 if this research had been funded. (Imagine if Rolls Royce got involved. The world's foremost engine makers (at the time)....) It is a possibility they would worked on what we would can a ram scoop (rocket plus get to get a plane like ship into space.)

It would of changed the course of the war, if not the world. Hop Points in the happentrack would happen as the armies begin to march... because that is when certain tech groups were formed for all side. If a practical launch (to orbit if not beyond) could of been achieved before the 40s, it would of includes science certain political parties could be hard to discredit,

We could do an early game of science soap opera. We could do a later game of spies and counter spies. After the war, we are back to science soap opera, including the trip to Mars. We could set it even farther and dealing with the Humans in Space.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back