Post a piece of art you could write an entire campaign based on

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The Ostentatious Display of Wealth, a luxury space liner (well the main deck anyways) for Dungeons the Dragoning, a very silly game.

Clocks in about 1.7 km long by around 400m wide, 10 mb png file.

google docs link

Cool, but:

1) It's not 1700m x 400m x 10m . . . is it? How many other levels are there?

2) The one or two sections marked TO BE REVEALED . . . spotlight for me one of the issues with the way some GMs use some maps, without considering very smartly (IMO) what to show players, what to hint at, what to conceal, and how.

2b) It was interesting to me exploring a real cruise ship, and noting what they showed on the maps for passengers, versus what was on the deck plans that included the areas not for passengers.

Cool, but:

1) It's not 1700m x 400m x 10m . . . is it? How many other levels are there?

2) The one or two sections marked TO BE REVEALED . . . ...

2b) It was interesting to me exploring a real cruise ship, and noting...

That's back a ways... lets see...
That deck is closer to 40m high. The waterslides, rock climbing, gladiator arena, theaters, etc. The image file in b&w is 10 megabytes. Plus I wanted to enable some in-ship mecha fights & mini-kaiju for the game.

Unmentioned is that there are several layers of cabins going up and that below should be lots more machinery & storage.

This is a gameable map. Cobbled up from Traveller geomorphs, real cruise ships, real battle ships, and a real aircraft carrier. Then beat on to make stuff mostly sort of fit. In use the "to be" section is, in my game, it'll be walled off with "under construction" signs and silly high secrecy until I decide I need it.

The cruise ship stuff I found showed didly squat outside the base rooms & attractions. The military ship stuff stops in the late 80s and I don't think I used any of the WW1 ships on hhis map.

That's back a ways... lets see...
That deck is closer to 40m high. The waterslides, rock climbing, gladiator arena, theaters, etc. The image file in b&w is 10 megabytes. Plus I wanted to enable some in-ship mecha fights & mini-kaiju for the game.

Unmentioned is that there are several layers of cabins going up and that below should be lots more machinery & storage.

This is a gameable map. Cobbled up from Traveller geomorphs, real cruise ships, real battle ships, and a real aircraft carrier. Then beat on to make stuff mostly sort of fit. In use the "to be" section is, in my game, it'll be walled off with "under construction" signs and silly high secrecy until I decide I need it.

The cruise ship stuff I found showed didly squat outside the base rooms & attractions. The military ship stuff stops in the late 80s and I don't think I used any of the WW1 ships on hhis map.
Interesting, thanks!

Is this a player-facing map? Would you use it during play? Would you limit what parts the players could see during action, other than the "under construction" parts?

Requiem Coffee, Tea & Fantasy is set to be a gaming-themed cafe just down the road from Disneyland. The cafe will have four different sections dedicated to science fiction, medieval, a magical forest, and steampunk.

Requiem3.jpg
Requiem2.jpg

Requiem4.jpg

More current photos

c9730516a25425811412365e456fea12_original.jpg

Okay, Convergence Point has a meta setting: Waunderers Way, where plays (semi) randomly bop around the multiverse to different spheres and realms/ slices with different reality rooms. Otherwhen is The City at the end of The Road which connections to a VLN of the near spheres. This could be a coffee shop there.

Convergence point has two other meta settings in the running: The Studio and The Park. The Studio is your players as actors in a movie or series, with the occasional off stage scene/scenes. The Park is a virtual version of The Worlds Most Famous Theme Park mixed with Dream Park, where every main attraction has adventure elements and leads you into a world like space... so the Lands of the Future, Lands oft he Past, and Lands of Adventure can be found off the center plaza.

This would be a coffee shop off Main Street (maybe near the main plaza) where players who are on their way to various game areas might hang out while waiting for their ticket time.

Those are awesome pics. Which ai did you use?

The map is totally player facing this time because the pcs start as employees. Specifcally the ship is secretly captained by a rogue modron who employs exalts as troubleshooters. Rogue psychers and dark mechanus are reserved for the team of juicer werewolves in power armor with big laser cannons. Pcs, as starter characters, are mostly just issued all the cheap red plastic armor and laser pistols they want and beamed down to planets on away team missions.

They could stick around and I'll get more mileage out of the map, but I anticipate they'll grab their own ship and set out to doom more of the setting to mutation, slavery, or death. Then I'll just snag random bits if I need a luxury resort (remove exterior walls), big chunk of generic machinery map (use engineering), part of a moon dome settlement or military base, etc.
Oh, I see. That makes sense, and sounds fun.

I didn't make those pics, I just found them on that Imgur post (link on bottom). The last image there gives the AI prompts and seed they say they used, but doesn't mention which AI. Most people making guesses are saying MidJourney, but some are saying no to that.

Several campaigns, at least. I did in fact play Eddie the cyborg in a campaign based on A Plague Of Demons. Pic 1 was when he was still under alien control, pic 2 after the resistance had fried his control circuits and he got his memory back (and his nicotine cravings).

somewhere-in-time-iron-maiden-album-cover.jpg
eddie5.jpg

Last edited:
The first one where I was thinking "I have to hear an explanation of this"
It is from a somewhat surreal film called the Color of Pomegranates; and I have kept on seeing that image today. To me, I think maybe she tells of illusions, that could be fortunes, or a quest for what is missing. She's the poet's muse in the film, appearing in multiple roles.

tumblr_ngy8bsUanD1s9jja0o1_500.jpg

In the Heart of a baroque transtellar empire, The Pulse system allows the Emperor (a female in this case) to keep track of The Star Galactic Empire and the swirl of "great thoughts" and "great feelings" in her people. From The Pulse, she sends out troubleshooter to help quell any negative emotional swells/ thoughts and solve any problems. With Power Sword and Augment Suit her Knights defend the Star Galactic The Star Breed use the power of their minds to aide all. The Fold Pilots keep it all moving. The Troubleshooters download their minds and spirits to various bodies to make sure The Star Galactic stands tall and strong.

From Here

7543c27ca670276fee7fca38473eab08.jpg

What originally made me think of this as gaming was movement on hexes.

I have always been fascinated with an insect based games. Though, this is straight sci-fi.
There's a boardgame like this - Hive. It's also available on Steam

image-asset.jpeg

This image relates to the Spacer Aspect of the Neo Frontiers. It reminds me of The Valley Forge in Silent Running. Still I could do this in "The Culture" or a "Near Culture setting"

Humanity is in space and may have been kicked off of Earth for various reasons (Eco Death or Aliens). They now have these floating bits of Earth for stations and ships. (Sometimes you travel to them.)

1674367061348.png

And we pretty much did. Did a alt history Golden Age of Sail with demihumans representing various world powers.

Also....
1674367593194.jpeg

Last edited:
Please tell me I'm not the only one whose first thought seeing that was "deathtrap & chronic radiation exposure"?
Nope. Just you.

It is all science fantasy, artistic license.

I am assuming radiation shielding of some kind of EM shield. And they are probably far enough away from a star that the radiation is not a worry. And the light is probably artificial. I am also assuming that clear material is uber strong, like transparent aluminum (Which is sort of a thing.) or Carbon Glass.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back