Premises for Call of Cthulhu Adventures from Real Life

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Dunno. Fortunately this kickstarted book that I backed just arrived by post today. I'll see what I can find out.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on that. I intended to back the Kickstarter, then forgot to do so. What is your overall impression?

I'd totally run that as a Changeling the Dreaming game. The Sidhe reappear due to the moon landing, y'know. :clown: Fucking Changelings fucking with their fetches.:argh: Or is it fetches fucking with their changelings?:shock: Then it's Changeling the Lost!

That article tries to be reassuring.
Fortunately for us, this black hole is still 324 million light-years away.

So, no matter what bizarre things it was doing, it shouldn’t had any effect on our corner of the cosmos.

Whoever wrote that doesn't seem to understand how light years work, and that this event happened 324 million years ago. Who knows what it has been up to in all that time, and if it can climb out of a black hole, I see no reason to think any distance of physical space can serve as a safe buffer zone.

3jij7q.jpg

I saw this and thought "Dusty attic", "Abandoned Warehouse", "Run-Down Quay" and "Weathered Obelisk with runes you can't make out".

You start with mundane unexplainables such as "Why do all of my socks keep disappearing?" or "Why do the neighbors never put their garbage cans on the street?" and work toward cosmic horror.

You start with mundane unexplainables such as "Why do all of my socks keep disappearing?" or "Why do the neighbors never put their garbage cans on the street?" and work toward cosmic horror.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of its contents and figure out where their socks really go.

Of course in a CoC game you'd go with something really coming out of the black hole, this is more a dumb problem I have with the article itself.

<pedantic bollocks>
There's a tendency in science reporting to make everything sound shocking or counter to current knowledge where as this effect was calculated in the 80s and has been in textbooks since the 00s, i.e. that sometimes plasma next to the horizon is fired out of the gravitational well before crossing the horizon. So it actually confirms textbook General Relativity.

Of course it's just some poor person working at Vice etc
</pedantic bollocks>

Last edited:
Of course in a CoC game you'd go with something really coming out of the black hole, this is more a dumb problem I have with the article itself.

<pedantic bollocks>
There's a tendency in science reporting to make everything sound shocking or counter to current knowledge where as this effect was calculated in the 80s and has been in textbooks since the 00s, i.e. that sometimes plasma next to the horizon is fired out of the gravitational well before crossing the horizon. So it actually confirms textbook General Relativity.

Of course it's just some poor person working at Vice etc
</pedantic bollocks>
There is also the tendency to report a single new study with outlier results as if it completely refutes 100 previous studies that gave the expected results.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back