Premises for Call of Cthulhu Adventures from Real Life

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The cultists are offended. And possibly the gnostics,too.
Oh! I'm not saying that they're good or bad!
Black Metal, much like (what I've read about) Kult is full of Gritty violence, Apocryphal writings, Dark Divinity and Defilement. Black Metal sets a good mood for Kult.
Jazz, much like Coc, has a vibe of secrets, mystery, depression and wistful resignation that we're all doomed no matter what. The 1920's setting for Coc makes Jazz a good mood setter too.

Black Metal, much like (what I've read about) Kult is full of Gritty violence, Apocryphal writings, Dark Divinity and Defilement. Black Metal sets a good mood for Kult.
Jazz, much like Coc, has a vibe of secrets, mystery, depression and wistful resignation that we're all doomed no matter what. The 1920's setting for Coc makes Jazz a good mood setter too.

Not to mention that the classic 'Dead Man Stomp' adventure built around jazz.

Yeah, but the thing is, CoC is full of that, too.
Gritty violence? Check, just look at the system.
Apocryphal writings? Ask Abdul al-Hazred.
Dark Divinity? See: Mythos.
Defilement? See: Mythos, Deep Ones, and...ok, the list can go on and on:evil:!

I can accept that.
So the soundtrack you need for CoC is really a mix of jazz and black metal:grin:!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back