Premises for Call of Cthulhu Adventures from Real Life

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Euphonia, just damn creepy.

Clathrus archeri mushrooms aka «The Devil's Fingers»

61383880_1081207972071018_4150181470255710208_n.jpg

anyone else here read Fortean Times growing up? That used to be one of my favourite magazines - like a cross between National Geographic, Ripley's Believe it or Not and a supermarket tabloid

anyone else here read Fortean Times growing up? That used to be one of my favourite magazines - like a cross between National Geographic, Ripley's Believe it or Not and a supermarket tabloid
Yeah, my Mam's hairdresser used to have it. I remember one with "Satan seen in sky" and it was two little clouds floating behind a bigger one in a way that really vaguely looked like a horned face.

It was great when the photos were obviously doctored, or the "monsters" were clearly toys.

I miss the old days of fun tabloids. Now days all we got are the same old made-up celebrity gossip drama ones. What ever happened to Bat-boy? or Chupacabra?

...anyone else here read Fortean Times growing up? That used to be one of my favourite magazines - like a cross between National Geographic, Ripley's Believe it or Not and a supermarket tabloid

If you liked Fortean Times you should check out the books of Charles Fort, I have his Book of the Damned and it is fun, well written and full of stories of 'unexplained phenomena.' The Fortean Times is the publication of the Fortean Society formed in his honour.

If you liked Fortean Times you should check out the books of Charles Fort, I have his Book of the Damned and it is fun, well written and full of stories of 'unexplained phenomena.' The Fortean Times is the publication of the Fortean Society formed in his honour.

View attachment 10938

Oh yes, had this book growing up. Even had a little bumblebee pin for the Fortean Brotherhood.

Around the turn of the 20th century there was a New England guy, Webster Edgerly, who founded an eldritch cult social movement called Ralstonism. It taught, among other things, that with a healthy diet, walking in curves, balancing rose leaves on glasses of water, and practicing ventriloquism, you could control other people's minds. It got popular in New Jersey for a time.

Truly horrific. It is the kind of thing you expect from a reality TV show based at a body donation center.

Maybe its just my cynical nature of humanity or dislike of reality TV shows coming out...

Surprised I never heard of the Wesson ‘vampire’ clan. All kinds of messed up.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back