Premises for Call of Cthulhu Adventures from Real Life

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

I’d love to see a forensics team go over all that to see how many of those items they can tell were actually used to cut off heads.

I can totally see those kits commissioned by bored, rich Victorian/Edwardian LARPers smitten with Dracula and The Vampyre.

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any vampire slaying kits that have ever proven to be old. Then are mostly modern assemblages of old items, rather than kits that were actually put together in the past for the purpose of killing vampires.

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any vampire slaying kits that have ever proven to be old. Then are mostly modern assemblages of old items, rather than kits that were actually put together in the past for the purpose of killing vampires.
What other use do you have for a 2 foot stake engraved with a crucifix? :devil:

I’d love to see a forensics team go over all that to see how many of those items they can tell were actually used to cut off heads.

I can totally see those kits commissioned by bored, rich Victorian/Edwardian LARPers smitten with Dracula and The Vampyre.
And imagine that they were...and yet some heads have been cut off:devil:!

What is it with the Spanish and the creepy yet beautiful death imagery-they do it better/worse than anyone.

It has to do with the confluence of cultural encounters and temporal religious movements.

Spanish Columiban Exchange brought a lot of exposure to passionate relation to the transcendent morbid among the Native Americans (Nahuatl, et alia) and West Africa peoples at a time during the Protestant Reformation -- and Catholicism's resultant Counter-Reformation. Given Renaissance art was emphasizing the celebration of humanized individuality to a faith of very personal salvation, and Protestantism was starting to follow an iconoclastic and stoic ideal of this in the name of reason, Counter-Reformation art became a response of iconophilic, ecstatic, personalized call-back to the fold. So the art was a form of political religious propaganda, it co-mingled the exultant realism tradition (Renaissance) with the renewed ecstatic-agony symbolic morbid (cultural exchange) in an emotional personal plea to all (especially to the schismatics) to be humbled before the universal mystery of death. :skeleton::heart: :angel:

Spain being the big Catholic kahuna of the time, it sponsored a lot of artists in such style, but Counter-Reformationists everywhere tried to emulate, like other Romance language countries. People liked the look so it lingers. (Also partially explains the Luscious Jesus make-up look. :kiss::wink:)

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back