Premises for Call of Cthulhu Adventures from Real Life

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
You're not a worthwhile Shadowrun GM if your most hardcore, jaded Runners aren't scared shitless of the Azzies. My Conan PCs have talked about sailing West, little do they know Totems of the Dead is waiting for them if they ever do. :devil:
Then tell us a story about your game, CRKrueger CRKrueger !
How do you scare your Runners:tongue:?

A small triangular piece of land serves as the marker for a century-old grudge. Or, is it something more sinister?

Also... an oldie but goodie.

We're buying another house because due to unforseen circumstances, ours is no longer big enough.

The one we are buying was built in 2011. It has a split-level media room with no windows, 2 reclining couches and a projection TV/surround sound setup, that is all being left behind for some reason.

But what if there is a reason. What if the projector shows... things? What if it starts on its own, or if movies and shows are somehow... different when viewed on it. Characters looking at the viewer, mouthing words unscripted. Subtle changes in backgrounds, a disturbing picture hung in the wall in a scene where you just know it wasn't there before...?

Anyway, it's not much of a premise, but it's from (my) real life.

We're buying another house because due to unforseen circumstances, ours is no longer big enough.

The one we are buying was built in 2011. It has a split-level media room with no windows, 2 reclining couches and a projection TV/surround sound setup, that is all being left behind for some reason.

But what if there is a reason. What if the projector shows... things? What if it starts on its own, or if movies and shows are somehow... different when viewed on it. Characters looking at the viewer, mouthing words unscripted. Subtle changes in backgrounds, a disturbing picture hung in the wall in a scene where you just know it wasn't there before...?

Anyway, it's not much of a premise, but it's from (my) real life.

Sounds like a Sinister sequel, where leaving a box of old grainy VHS tapes is no longer enough to entice so the demon set up a whole home theater for you.

Well if we're allowed to draw from personal experiences, I once worked an event at a hundred year old hotel. I was volunteering for some school credit and to assist the full-time staff with a large charity banquet. The building had this small hot stairwell that connected the kitchens to basement which had the laundry room, staff room and boiler room, before going deeper into a concrete pit. After the charity event was mostly over, a couple of the full time waiters and I were taking a break in the staff room and chatting. I asked about the pit and they said that it was a service tunnel to the cities sewer system, but there was this 8'x12' chamber a ways in. The legend among the staff was that back in the 40's the owner of the hotel used the chamber to perform a magic ritual in a desperate attempt to resurrect his son that died during D-Day.
Of course that's just hotel service staff mythology, in reality it was probably just a sealed entrance for prostitutes to enter from.

Oh good. Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, X-Files. Everyone knows defrosting shit from 50,000 years ago is how the End Times start...except scientists. :devil:

This was actually a main plot device in the first season of a show called Fortitude

Oh good. Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, X-Files. Everyone knows defrosting shit from 50,000 years ago is how the End Times start...except scientists. :devil:
Nah, I remember hearing a science lecturer, way in the Wayback, go on about how we'd all be screwed if the permafrost melts... nasty stuff locked up in there that we'd have no clue how to deal with.

This was actually a main plot device in the first season of a show called Fortitude
That is a great weird show!

Nah, I remember hearing a science lecturer, way in the Wayback, go on about how we'd all be screwed if the permafrost melts... nasty stuff locked up in there that we'd have no clue how to deal with.

That is a great weird show!

It was hit and miss, but I liked more of it than I didn't. I actually liked the second season a bit more than the first, but I would recommend them both.

Egyptian or Tibetan? Pick one, because they aren't even close in geographical, cultural or historical era terms.

It's all lizardmen

8f74501d7a2823adc91c2754af843d0c.gif

Fortitude was pretty cool. There was a Canadian show called ReGenesis where one of the plots was a bioterrorist getting an intact sample of Spanish Flu from corpses buried in permafrost melting.

Russia has most of the earth’s permafrost, and it’s melting. Gonna be a fun century.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back