Premises for Call of Cthulhu Adventures from Real Life

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Caterpillars and butterflies are pretty wierd. Maybe somebody here knows the details better, but what I got from biology papers is that the caterpillar is actually melted down inside the cocoon and the butterfly constructed from the resulting soup. Only a portion of the caterpillar's brain survives (the smell memories) which is implanted in the butterfly's brain so that it remembers dangerous smells. To a large degree they're not the same "being".

Imagine a sentient race like that.

what do the female moths do with it?

There’s Wormwood Area in the Delta Green Control Group book. As far as I can tell it matches your description of a setting centered on a self help group but since I’m a player in the game about to be on the third session I don’t know the details

There is a Ghost Adventures episode about Loftus Hall, if people want a visual of its insides and some colorful re-enactments of the legend. A good episode as I recall. :thumbsup:

Been reading about Armenian legends and poetry from an old classic 1910s book (an old nationalist appeal during the time of agitation to pull free from the Ottoman Empire before WWI, a compilation of literary, musical, & visual arts to sell Christian Europe colonial powers on their cause). With that legend of a lost castle of great beauty buried in tears and the not-too-distant footage (twenty or so years ago, maybe even in this topic?) of the Lake Van monster in this high saline lake that hosts predominantly a single small fish matching the legends in a book from 100+ years ago... :wink: Well, who knows how much more within the text is uncomfortably closer to reality than we may want to discover?

Of course alien life is going to be discovered on the most inhospitable and metal planet in the solar system.

It flew by on Halloween and even looks like a skull. Spooky!

Of course alien life is going to be discovered on the most inhospitable and metal planet in the solar system.
"It's life, but not as we know it."

(Yes, I know that's not an actual quote from the show)

A couple that don't quite fit the thread, but have been on my mind:

Due to Covid, for the last couple of months the line from "King in Yellow" has been going through my head:
"No mask? He wears NO MASK!" :tongue:

And, doesn't the Epstein case reek of "Thing on the Doorstep"?
(After "Epstein's" death, some anonymous guard quietly resigns, punches in code to a secret bank account, flies off to the Cayman islands or some other quiet place...) It would work even better in Epstein's sponsor (By the name of Love of all things IIRC) was dead as well...

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back