Premises for Call of Cthulhu Adventures from Real Life

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
There's a website called Freaktography that's solid gold for modern CoC games or in fact any urban fantasy game. Lots of great pics of spooky abandoned spaces. Very evocative and a great source of images for lots of different campaigns. Check it out and browse a little, I'll bet you have a new campaign idea inside of 10 minutes. Some samples:

dead-cat-abandoned-time-capsule-house-23.jpg

abandoned-prison-urban-exploring-photography.jpg

dsc2002-hdr.jpg

If you're a financially successful cult leader, and you want an underground bunker, you should at the very least be able to hole up there in style.

Well, a style. A somewhat demented style.

"Next to the house there is what appears to be a giant summoning circle being built out of bricks, so that will be good for our spells."

Ahh, Archaeogy World. Aren't they a saucy website?

Here's something for ya:
These past 2 days I've had vivid nightmares of a tall withered figure in a gas mask dissecting me. I have never had such violet nightmares before.

When I was a teen I had a recurring nightmare of being strapped to a kind of industrial conveyor belt surrounded by giant black insects that would each remove a piece of anatomy or organ as I was conveyed along the track with others, usually ending with or just before a cockroach-like thing that would cut out my eyes

In my late teens I had a pretty bad drug problem. I was doing a lot of speed. I'm not proud of it, but it's part of my history. Anyway, when I would finally sleep, I would have sleep paralysis, or whatever it's called when you think you're awake, but can't move or even scream. My closest friend at the time, also strung out, once turned to me and said, "I've been having dreams that I can't move." I'm sure it was the drugs. I've heard of similar things happening to people with drug problems, and even eating disorders. And when you think about it, being a speed freak has an eating disorder kind of built into it.

That guy hit me up on Facebook a decade or so ago. I was amazed that he was still alive. And happy to hear that he is now a boring, responsible suburbanite, just like me.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back