Premises for Call of Cthulhu Adventures from Real Life

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
And more aggressive creepy-crawlies just up the road ...

What's a greenhead?
Large, evil, biting flies. I've recently moved inland, so it's not as big as issue, but over the summer, I was living here.
ACtC-3f1KoY7TYETrR8b1PwLOsFOQQsb0mjY-qi6PhQhL-gMamhxqiuUKMpS3OgkjddSsD7bDKameYju2hByHuS_fezuakE1jAvfsNriC8P525bj0c6sNZweNd_mMcxkON5uELGnFoME4dAKNMsOPA42WjladQ=w1743-h1308-no

ACtC-3eihB5REVR8XH3DZHLZL2XiYZy6FbXN519-9vOM6mekIkyEHyw1gpjvyCRYlHRAjKa9Zb_1EDfs7TCz4yuhqlKFny2xrwUgsNkM31jsMwup3hg7Cfhjx6x_IWEz2o1UaLWrYgamONzLU-IzlGdZv7Vh1g=w1743-h1308-no

It was beautiful, and was a great place for us to walk around alone while remaining socially isolated, but so many bugs. Now I think about it, there were a lot of spiders too, which didn't really bother me that much aside from regularly being requested to carry them outside. On the plus side, there were swans, cranes, herons and turtles.

AFAIK, those happen when there's flooding. Spiders have to go somewhere and eat something, so they climb the trees and hang their nets. Something else that happens when there's flooding: Mosquitos. They hatch by the millions and spread malaria. But they all eventually have to sit somewhere. How about those plushy white trees? Nature.

And now I'm thinking about some kind of Cthulhu apocalypse. Stars are right, Great Old Ones stop by and deliver a good kicking to old earth. Massive cataclysm turns ecosystem on its head. And then Big C and His Choirboys get nibbled to death by ladybugs because their predators got wiped out and Hastur's sunblocker puts them into overdrive or something. Yeah, totally ripped off Wells here, oh dear, how sad, never mind.

/r/unexpectednsfw

BTW: Anyone know what those ten white things on the bottom one are? The T-shaped things that look like those fasteners shops use for tagging clothes?

TBH, no way I'm looking that close at that picture to even figure out what you are referring to...

Unrelated, but in my current Tales From The Loop game, there's a local pizza joint called Lancelot's Pizza. It used to be part of a chain, but when it closed down, the new owners just put plastic armor on the existing animatronic singing animals and renamed the place.

That’s a fake picture, camel spiders are about 6-7 inches long max including legs. Also they’re not spiders but Solifugids. Harmless.
Looking at it again I don't think it's a fake, I think it's two camel spiders hugging. That would make each of them something like 5-6 inches long using the hands in the picture for scale.

That’s a fake picture, camel spiders are about 6-7 inches long max including legs. Also they’re not spiders but Solifugids. Harmless.

Just (probably intentionally) badly cropped - you can see the sleeve cuff of the person holding the thing in the foreground, which gives you a better impression of the actual scale of the thing (see red lines)

And as others have pointed out, it's two of them. (see yellow circles)

1614709741399.png

Those are harmless? Is the person to pronounce that dead by their mandibles yet?

Those are harmless? Is the person to pronounce that dead by their mandibles yet?
She hasn't pronounced it yet, but I hear they're cooking up her 8th clone and are pretty sure that this time she'll be capable of speech.

I'm no spiderologist, does anyone know if they have observable personality traits? I know some are more docile than others but do any of them have individual likes and dislikes?

Well, there's this famous experiment...

That guy Coyote Petersen that gets all kinds of animals to bite and sting him has one of those chomping on his finger. It hurt like hell, but it didn't break through the skin on his fingertip.

I assume birdeaters are pretty docile towards humans, like tarantulas. In Texas, I'd occassionally find tarantulas in the yard, and you can pick them up and pet them and they don't mind at all.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back