Premises for Call of Cthulhu Adventures from Real Life

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
As a land surveyor, I needed to go from exactly here in that exact direction, exactly that distance. If it was through woods, then the line needed to be cleared of underbrush and limbs. Donno why the extra effort for a perfect circle outside the two trees, though.

I like the "Somebody looking for a 'John Connor' " suggestion though. ;)
So is that the real reason? I just couldn't figure it out at all.

(and it's really spooky that the little tendrils (limbs?) on the sides of the circle look like they could be electrical arcs)

So is that the real reason? I just couldn't figure it out at all.

(and it's really spooky that the little tendrils (limbs?) on the sides of the circle look like they could be electrical arcs)
Of course! Obviously the arrival point for a killer robot from the future! <Taps fingers to chest> I'd be the one to ask! :tongue:

For a more Cthulvian reference, I'd suggest a Lloigor blast or Mi-go weird tech.

Not being there, it sure looks like surveyor scat. Notice the beaten down path from the camera to the woods? Assuming it was a survey crew, just to the right of the camera would be a short wooden peg driven into the ground, with a tack set precisely into it. The transit would be set up over that point, and a certain angle would be turned. It looks like the line of sight runs between the two saplings on the left and the four inch diameter tree on the right. From there it would shoot between the two larger trees about fifty feet in, and the traverse would continue from there.

I'm guessing Construction Humor. "Let's have the new guy look into the telescope and tell him the entire field of view had to be cleared." Then the instrument man occasionly hollers "Good! Looking good! Now cut that bit of shrubbery! Little more...little more..." ;)

Another possibility is somebody pranked passersby with a vertical crop circle.

I'm going with the a freaked out Mi-go firing its weapon at a noise in the brush...

That's a really interesting video. At the start I was wondering how Slavic myth was present in New England at that time, before the rise of the vampire novels, but she covers that pretty well. All that stuff about embalming and how the modern vampire is influenced by these New England episodes makes me want to understand the development of the myth better. When you look at it only a small part of the older Slavic myths is actually used in the modern Vampire, so it's mostly being filled out with other stuff that I'd like to understand better.

Also interesting about how rural New Englanders were less puritan than those in the city, not something I knew.

The initial title and publisher make for great inspiration, but the chapter titles make's for an... interesting read.
Man those section headings (even that they are called "pages") makes fore some real crazy shit. I think it is more "psychotic warrior" than "psychic warrior" but boy does that have HPL written all over it like "Panama Canal pages", clearly something was dug up when they did that, perhaps that is why the first attempts failed and you needed some patriarch from Innsmouth (who is a bit batrachian, if you get my hint) to run the project.

"Glad to hear that you had a pleasant Christmas, & the coming year may prove a fruitful and congenial one for you... All religious or other systems assigning mankind an important place in the universe are obviously primitive myths - no matter how widely & persistently perpetuated. So far as any real evidence goes, the cosmos is simply a perpetual field of interacting streams of force amidst which the galactic universe, the solar system, this tiny earth, the principle of animal life, & the human species are nothing more than momentary accidents."
= HPL in a letter to Robert Nelson, January 16, 1935

269988251_542234547259738_7261136011417235814_n.jpg

"Glad to hear that you had a pleasant Christmas, & the coming year may prove a fruitful and congenial one for you... All religious or other systems assigning mankind an important place in the universe are obviously primitive myths - no matter how widely & persistently perpetuated. So far as any real evidence goes, the cosmos is simply a perpetual field of interacting streams of force amidst which the galactic universe, the solar system, this tiny earth, the principle of animal life, & the human species are nothing more than momentary accidents."
= HPL in a letter to Robert Nelson, January 16, 1935

View attachment 39830
"In this universe, we're nothin' but a dot
If we were gone tomorrow, we'd be easily forgot
We always take for granted, everything we've got
Look at our surroundings, there isn't a fuckin' lot
Here is what we're lacking, we're rooted to this earth
With people's fuckin' blindness since the time of birth
Don't let no one tell you to follow their religion
Compose your own theories, and make your own decisions

Endless span
Of possibility