Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Are you guys still talking about dick pics? It's real simple, sending unsolicited dick pics is bad idea even if your name is Chad Thundercock. If a woman under 30 wants to see it she wont be shy in asking.
I think we all know that. Its a mild fascination/bewilderment with both the people who would do that and the fact some people seem to enjoy receiving them.

I think we all know that. Its a mild fascination/bewilderment with both the people who would do that and the fact some people seem to enjoy receiving them.
Doing something reckless or taboo is thrilling and the risk is fairly low.

Chicks have a surprisingly accurate ability to sniff out whether a dude is packing heat without us men having to inform them by sending dick pics.

It's still really cold and snowy here, and predicted to stay that way for at least a week and a half.

Four hours in the dentist chair today getting an old filling that had cracked drilled out and the tooth prepped for a crown. My jaw hurts, my face hurts, I keep biting my swollen cheek, my neck hurts, even the teeth on the other side hurt from biting down on that damn mouth opener. Dental problems suck.

Four hours in the dentist chair today getting an old filling that had cracked drilled out and the tooth prepped for a crown. My jaw hurts, my face hurts, I keep biting my swollen cheek, my neck hurts, even the teeth on the other side hurt from biting down on that damn mouth opener. Dental problems suck.
Man I know the feeling. In the last 10 months I got two implants, a root canal and replaced a bridge. I think I am developing a phobia to the dentist.

Man I know the feeling. In the last 10 months I got two implants, a root canal and replaced a bridge. I think I am developing a phobia to the dentist.
Pretty sure phobia of the dentist leads to an increased need for the dentist. It's a vicious cycle.

Pretty sure phobia of the dentist leads to an increased need for the dentist. It's a vicious cycle.
I don’t have a phobia and I go for cleanings every three months instead of six. But I grind my teeth BAD and I don’t have a consistent bite. The result is that I had to replace everything.

I don’t have a phobia and I go for cleanings every three months instead of six. But I grind my teeth BAD and I don’t have a consistent bite. The result is that I had to replace everything.
I like chewing ice. My dentist says even though I have really hard teeth, it looks like I’ve had frag grenades go off in my mouth.

Chewing ice is one of the worst things you can do. I liked chewing it more when I was younger. Then I started getting cracks in my back molars. I decided to really cut down on any hard candies or anything like that as well. I have another tooth in back that’s had a crack in it for years and will eventually need a crown. I hate them even though I’ve only had two so far.

Chewing ice is one of the worst things you can do. I liked chewing it more when I was younger. Then I started getting cracks in my back molars. I decided to really cut down on any hard candies or anything like that as well. I have another tooth in back that’s had a crack in it for years and will eventually need a crown. I hate them even though I’ve only had two so far.
I have a few crowns. They kind of suck.

In the good news department I got my second Covid shot today. I'll let you know if I grow a third eye.

Are you guys still talking about dick pics? It's real simple, sending unsolicited dick pics is bad idea even if your name is Chad Thundercock. If a woman under 30 wants to see it she wont be shy in asking.

47515413072_aa8dd3a97e_b.jpg

Went to bed this morning with my sugar slightly over 200. Woke up and it was low at 84 (to the point my vision was blurry). Thankfully a can of beans and some hot dogs was on the dinner menu, so hopefully the sugar in the sauce will help elevate it to a safer level. Plus we're expecting snow tomorrow, which I will thankfully be home and on my weekend when it starts.

So, I'm taking a punt on a 2-lane NVME 2242 form factor SSD from a Chinese vendor off Ebay with the most glorious Engrish in their listing. They claim 512GB capacity and that it's compatible with a P52s. This is totally the sort of little tech company the Bunny Huang talks about in his blog. Behold -

"2242 standard can satisfy ultrabook slot"

"Tips: Basic requirement of HMB is Win101703 or 1709. If your OS is Win7 or others then you are failed to enjoy its speed-enhanced experience."

(I think the latter is talking about a feature where the controller on the SSD can appropriate some of the host's main RAM for caching its block allocation metadata and directly access it via DMA over the PCI-e bus)

Features:
High speed
experience allows you to enjoy remarkable speed. Faster than a SATA SSD.
Low latency makes gaming more smoothly and exciting with PCIe and NVMe 1.3.
M.2 interface makes it smaller but better transmission rate than mSATA, suitable for ultra book. (This 2242 standard can not be compatible for 2280mm slot.)
Every flash memory particle are strictly selected to ensure its quallity. So it is more reliable and stronger read & write performance.
Larger storage density and higher reliability than common 2D flash memory. Greatly enhanced read&write performance and operation speed.
HMB can send those resource (not in requirement at present) to SSD via NVMe protocol to enhance performance.
M.2 NVMe improves PC performance and capacity, and therefore promotes operation and gaming performance.

Last edited:
Got sent my first unsolicited dick pic today, so that's a rite of passage over.

I will never understand the thought process that goes into this. I mean, the closest I've ever come to doing that is accidentally sending a picture of my bizniz to my mother-in-law. I had meant to send it to my wife. Everyone thought it was funny except me. Well, everyone who knows. A decade on, nobody has ever told my father-in-law about it.

I will never understand the thought process that goes into this. I mean, the closest I've ever come to doing that is accidentally sending a picture of my bizniz to my mother-in-law. I had meant to send it to my wife. Everyone thought it was funny except me. Well, everyone who knows. A decade on, nobody has ever told my father-in-law about it.
I guy I knew in college ment to send a note to his friend about this attractive gal at work and what he'd imagine doing with her. He said it to the whole business team instead including said gal. Awkward.

I think I've been saved from a lot of stupid decisions due to either dumber or unluckier friends. I have no pics of me junk and I think the world is happy about that.

I guy I knew in college ment to send a note to his friend about this attractive gal at work and what he'd imagine doing with her. He said it to the whole business team instead including said gal. Awkward.
I once had a job interviewer sign off a text with hugs and kisses. He sent another text asking me to ignore that - he was texting his wife on his other phone.

Did I get the job? Yes I did.

Well, I have had a sore throat on one side for a week only when I swallowed and it ramped up this afternoon. I went to urgent care and they took a COVID test (TBD) and a strep test (Neg.). No other symptoms. She couldn’t see anything but said my node is a little swollen. So I’ll see if it gets better or worse. If it gets worse, she said to go to the ER and get a scope put down my throat. Sounds fun.

I had my performance review at work today. Turns out I've become slower and I didn't work enough overtime... I knew about the overtime but never noticed becoming slower. I've no idea what the cause is so it's going to be difficult to fix. The verdict was still sufficient but not good. We can get Insufficient, Sufficient, Good or Outstanding. I'm usually in the Good range. They told me not to dwell on it too much but it doesn't feel particularly great.

sC7AS4k.gif

Last edited:
On a more cheerful note, the curfew has been extended until 2 March.

I had my performance review at work today. Turns out I've become slower and I didn't work enough overtime... I knew about the overtime but never noticed becoming slower. I've no idea what the cause is so it's going to be difficult to fix. The verdict was still sufficient but not good. We can get Insufficient, Sufficient, Good or Outstanding. I'm usually in the Good range. They told me not to dwell on it too much but it doesn't feel particularly great.

sC7AS4k.gif

Hopefully it was just a review and not bonuses. We're going through performance reviews in a bit, and the bonus is a significant part of my salary, so it's a stressful time. I always think I've done well- but doing well is not enough as there are politics involved.

Looks like my cat needs to lose an eye to prevent a cancer from spreading. That's bad, obviously. But it could have been so much worse if we didn't notice it in time.
I’m glad they can excise the cancer but sad he has to lose his eye.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back