Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Not a native myself. Lived there from 2002 through 2014. Fond of the Cascades and Pacific Northwest in general. Miss it now that I'm down in TN.
Where in TN? I have relatives who grew tobacco for generations in Gallatin. They used to live in a house that still had minnie ball holes until the house blew up a couple decades ago.

Where in TN? I have relatives who grew tobacco for generations in Gallatin. They used to live in a house that still had minnie ball holes until the house blew up a couple decades ago.

South of Nashville, towards Columbia.

Got my first dose of vaccine this morning. Next one is scheduled for three weeks from today. My best friend and my parents are already vaccinated. I feel like I'm slowly awakening from a more-than-year-long nightmare.

Yesterday I decided to use some of my benefit time, rather than spend my last non-vaccinated @ work. I have a public-facing job in a high-traffic building.

Nearly got hit by a car. Had to literally jump out of the way to avoid getting hit. That's actual "literally," not figure of speech "literally." Still a little shaken up by it. Physically fine, though.

Got my first vaccine shot today. Ended up being an hour drive each way to the location I was able to get an appointment at but hey, I have my second shot lined up in April.

The funny thing is I'm absolutely 100% not a super social person, but holy hell do I want to see other people after a year of this.

I'm eligible now for the vaccine but cannot find an appointment for love nor money. Some of the process seems to have been designed by lazy demons in bureaucratic Hell. I go to the state website and it sends me to the websites of individual providers. For at least one of these, clicking on their 'sign up' feature simply sends you back to the state website...

I'm eligible now for the vaccine but cannot find an appointment for love nor money. Some of the process seems to have been designed by lazy demons in bureaucratic Hell. I go to the state website and it sends me to the websites of individual providers. For at least one of these, clicking on their 'sign up' feature simply sends you back to the state website...
which state?

I'm eligible now for the vaccine but cannot find an appointment for love nor money. Some of the process seems to have been designed by lazy demons in bureaucratic Hell.
Or possibly Australians? My father spent three years working in Aussie during the 70s, so he received part of his pension from them. I needed to inform their pension office that he had died. Can you call them? No. Can you email them? No. Fill out a webform? No. You can follow them on Twitter, but can it be a two-way conversation? No. You can download a PDF, only the top half of which is form-fillable and post it over the ocean to them.

I got a text last week saying go in for my first jab he next day. Then I find that half of Europe is in a panic about the same vaccine I had, for some reason.

Meanwhile, I've got 9-12 weeks to wait until my second shot.

Don't encourage more outsiders! We've already got our hands full with the damnable Californians!
The median price of a house in Spokane in February was $325,000.
Wow no wonder Californians are moving there, that's dirt cheap! It's a shame that Californians and New Yorkers will eventually ruin these lovely, inexpensive real estate markets for everyone else.

Or possibly Australians? My father spent three years working in Aussie during the 70s, so he received part of his pension from them. I needed to inform their pension office that he had died. Can you call them? No. Can you email them? No. Fill out a webform? No. You can follow them on Twitter, but can it be a two-way conversation? No. You can download a PDF, only the top half of which is form-fillable and post it over the ocean to them.
Why tell them? I mean if they're going to make it that hard just let them keep sending money.

Mooby's pop-up just opened in Vancouver.

Food doesn't look that appetizing, TBH, but tempted to order just for nostalgia's sake and to say I tried it.

I got a text last week saying go in for my first jab he next day. Then I find that half of Europe is in a panic about the same vaccine I had, for some reason.

Meanwhile, I've got 9-12 weeks to wait until my second shot.
Meh, don't sweat it. People sometimes just seem to enjoy panicking.

A new mutant just popped up in Brittany, France. The conventional PCR test doesn't detect it.

I presume you mean Centrelink?
Make a WISDOM check vs CENTRELINK AC 18 to establish contact...

Yep I work in community health services and even I find their system nortiously difficult to liase with
I understand your frustration, as I was on hold on the phone over an hour today on behalf of an community outpatient, and the line eventually dropped out!
Yeah it is a complete pain in the arse trying to get thru to them...

I presume you mean Centrelink?
Make a WISDOM check vs CENTRELINK AC 18 to establish contact...
I do indeed mean Centrelink. I think I'm spoiled by living in NZ, where the policy is that a government website should be useful in some way.

It's frustrating because I just know if I don't stick with it and tell them to keep the ten bucks a month they were paying him, they'll get all hissy and call it fraud.

I just accepted a Project Manager position at work. Biggest promotion of my life. Nearly doubling my pay. So that's pretty cool.

W00t! You will bring those projects down like they are wounded antelopes and you are a mighty savanna cat!

Project Management: Hey you, project! Put a fucking hard hat on asshole. Safety first. This shit isn't going to project itself either, so get your ass in gear. Didi mao before I sick human resources on your Six Sigma ass. That's right, piss off and go do something useful. I'll be in the break room making paper cranes out of your last batch of spaghetti diagrams.

On the subject of project management, it looks like my current gig wants me to do the analysis and solution work around integrating a pricing system into their shiny new policy administration platform.

May your projects be on time and in-budget.

Last edited:
I do indeed mean Centrelink. I think I'm spoiled by living in NZ, where the policy is that a government website should be useful in some way.

It's frustrating because I just know if I don't stick with it and tell them to keep the ten bucks a month they were paying him, they'll get all hissy and call it fraud.

W00t! You will bring those projects down like they are wounded antelopes and you are a mighty savanna cat!

The important thing is I now know how I'll afford the Marvel United Season 2 and the Masters of the Universe board game kickstarters.

Wow no wonder Californians are moving there, that's dirt cheap! It's a shame that Californians and New Yorkers will eventually ruin these lovely, inexpensive real estate markets for everyone else.

At least former New Yorkers like myself don't offer 3 times what the asking price is (like what Californians were doing here in Portland), driving prices up so the locals can't compete.

At least former New Yorkers like myself don't offer 3 times what the asking price is (like what Californians were doing here in Portland), driving prices up so the locals can't compete.
They only reason why they aren't here these days is our prices are only 1/2 if they're lucky. Mind you the house is larger and has this wierd thing called a yard you have to deal with.

A few months ago I received my Marvel United pledge Wave 1. Twice. So I had a nice christmas gift for my nieces.
Yesterday I received tracking info for Wave 2. Twice (different tracking numbers). I feel like I'm going to hit the eBays with this second box of KSE stuff...

Edit: I just read on the KS comments that the game mat is a separate shipment, so maybe my €nthou$iasm was premature.

Last edited:
A few months ago I received my Marvel United pledge Wave 1. Twice. So I had a nice christmas gift for my nieces.
Yesterday I received tracking info for Wave 2. Twice (different tracking numbers). I feel like I'm going to hit the eBays with this second box of KSE stuff...

Still patiently waiting on my Wave 2. Looking forward to it, though!

They only reason why they aren't here these days is our prices are only 1/2 if they're lucky. Mind you the house is larger and has this wierd thing called a yard you have to deal with.

Our house in NY had a yard, as did all the houses on the block I lived on. Plenty of people in NY have yards. You'd be surprised that many of the things people out west have, people back east have too :clown:

With movie theaters open again, I bought a ticket to see Godzilla vs Kong. I want to see them slug it out on that carrier on the big screen, pandemic be damned!

With movie theaters open again, I bought a ticket to see Godzilla vs Kong. I want to see them slug it out on that carrier on the big screen, pandemic be damned!
After the discussion on drive-ins above, I checked on ours and it is supposed to be reopening April 1st, so a Godzilla vs Kong slugfest feels like the perfect movie for my first drive-in experience.

The one theatre in town reopened recently after nearly a year of renovations, so that's good. My first movie was Tom and Jerry which I saw with my youngest. That was less good.

M
Project Management: Hey you, project! Put a fucking hard hat on asshole. Safety first. This shit isn't going to project itself either, so get your ass in gear. Didi mao before I sick human resources on your Six Sigma ass. That's right, piss off and go do something useful. I'll be in the break room making paper cranes out of your last batch of spaghetti diagrams.
Our house in NY had a yard, as did all the houses on the block I lived on. Plenty of people in NY have yards. You'd be surprised that many of the things people out west have, people back east have too :clown:
I have tarantulas and scorpions (the harmless type) in my front yard. :-)

Thanks. I'm in the Cleveland area, so we don't have Kroger. I didn't have luck with the Giant Eagle website, but I should try it again.

You could try this site...

https://vaccinefinder.org/

Also good info to keep in mind with the vaccine and your appointment.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect.html

Also see if your state has something like this, which is what my wife and I used to register and get into our states system to get in line to get the vaccine though we ended up doing the vaccine finder to find someone around us to get it from in the end once we were eligible.

https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov/covid-19-vaccine-information.html

Hope that helps.

You could try this site...

Thanks. In Ohio, the state sets who is eligible for the vaccine, but as far as I can see does not manage appointments. That is left up to the providers that actually administer it, which in my area means pharmacies. So you can't go to just one website; you have to go from provider to provider, trying to get an appointment. Finding the websites or where the vaccine is (theoretically) available isn't the problem; actually getting an appointment is.

Unfortunately, the state is currently opening up eligibility for appointments very quickly. Two weeks ago it was ages 60 and older, one week ago, 50 and older, today 40 and older. Needless to say, not everybody who wants a vaccine in those 10-year age groups gets one in a week. So there seems to be a very high volume of demand for limited appointments.

Even that wouldn't be so bad if you could schedule your appointment long in advance. But most providers seem to allow appointments only a short time (5 days or less) in advance. The appointments fill up very quickly, so you have to return to the sites daily, hoping to get one when the window moves, or if someone cancels.

To make things worse, many of the websites are a real pain to use. One pharmacy chain lets you search all their stores in a given area, but for some others you have to do separate searches, store by store, looking for an opening. One chain won't even simply let you search. Instead, you are put in an online waiting queue, until you get a 10-minute window in which you are allowed to search for an appointment. With no guarantee that you will be able to find one. Someone I knew said, only slightly jokingly, that trying to get a vaccination appointment is a full-time job.

I've been really emotional the past few days. It's really hard to wrap my head around this whole "Hey, E-Rocker? 5 weeks from now you will be fully vaccinated!" situation.

I mean, I'm very happy about it, obviously. It's just... a lot. Finally motivated to clean house again, which I haven't managed since... mumble mumble... months ago?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back