Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

raniE

Big Bearded Guy
Reaction score
And here I thought someone had hit the sprinkler with a copy of Empire of the Petal Throne. I was going to complement the choice of reading material.

raniE raniE: very sorry to learn about your troubles and I hope the health care system there starts supporting you better immediately.
It worked better when I lived out in the country. I had a therapist to talk to, but on the other hand living where I didn’t know anybody made my depression worse, so on the whole the move was positive. Also I live in a bigger apartment now, so I have space for the TV (big table for playing games was obviously prioritized over the TV). 3216CF20-1C18-480D-8692-388FF20A49EE.jpeg

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Reaction score
My fingers are crossed for you. :thumbsup:

Are you a wizard? 'Cause I just got a call for a follow-up interview this Saturday afternoon.

(Which means I'm going to have to cancel the Saturday game for the teens. Realistically, if I get the job I'll have to start working Saturdays, so the SB&CS game will need to be moved to Sundays or put on hiatus).

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
Are you a wizard? 'Cause I just got a call for a follow-up interview this Saturday afternoon.

(Which means I'm going to have to cancel the Saturday game for the teens. Realistically, if I get the job I'll have to start working Saturdays, so the SB&CS game will need to be moved to Sundays or put on hiatus).
No, but apparently I have the same shoe related habits as one, so that must be it. Congrats on the call back too! That's exciting.

soltakss

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of getting my bathroom replaced, so we have stuff everywhere, except in the bathroom.

We now have a bath, which we can apparently use, but my wife says not until all the tiling is done. Hopefully the shower will be fitted tomorrow or Monday.

Giganotosaurus

I'm a traveler of both time and space
Reaction score
I am in the middle of getting my bathroom replaced, so we have stuff everywhere, except in the bathroom.

We now have a bath, which we can apparently use, but my wife says not until all the tiling is done. Hopefully the shower will be fitted tomorrow or Monday.
Oh man tiling sucks. I don't envy you.

Nobby-W

Pretty sure I'm not Larry Ellison
Reaction score

Baths are never big enough for me in this country. I can't remember the last time I had a bath big enough to lie down and soak properly in.

Ronnie Sanford

Legendary Member
Reaction score
That's insane. My Visa is a specific Amazon branded Visa card where I get extra cash back for buying at Amazon. You must live in an imaginary place.
If the UK is imaginary then the 13 American colonies are imaginary. And if the 13 colonies are imaginary then the Founders are imaginary. And if the Founders are imaginary how can we have a USA?

E-Rocker

Not a goose
Reaction score
Had a one-on-one meeting with my boss yesterday (routine, not disciplinary). I was grateful she didn't give me a "So... I've noticed you haven't made any progress on your projects lately," which, honestly, would have been entirely fair, but did give me deadlines for said projects. I am way more productive with deadlines.

Giganotosaurus

Reaction score
If the UK is imaginary then the 13 American colonies are imaginary. And if the 13 colonies are imaginary then the Founders are imaginary. And if the Founders are imaginary how can we have a USA?
What ladi-daw land do you live in?! I'm a proud subject of the Dominion of North America. God save the Queen!

3rik

(ᵕ̣̣̣̣̣̣﹏ᵕ̣̣̣̣̣̣) R.I.P. Hana Kimura (1997 - 2020)
Reaction score
My dad's move to a rehabilitation center was postponed because of a Covid case at the hospital. His test came back negative but now he has cold symptoms and some fever. He's fully vaccinated, but will have to wait and remain in quarantine until he's 48 hours symptom free before he can be moved.

Last edited:

ffilz

Legendary Member
Reaction score
So I see Amazon is threatening to stop accepting Visa cards from 19 Jan. Oh, my first world problems!

Fortunately, Compare the Market is happy to offer me a Mastercard with a disturbingly high credit limit and a 21.9% APR. What a time to be alive!
At least two of my credit cards have switched from Visa to Mastercard over the past few years. Maybe Visa has been getting full of themselves.

Hugh

disMember
Reaction score
Real life win! I lost my Lenovo Pen a week ago. It magically appeared in two pieces in the dryer. Clearly it needed a wash, a rinse and few hours in a condenser dryer. I assumed it was dead and sadness prevailed.

Lo and behold I screwed it back together and it is working fine. Woot.

opaopajr

Legendary Member
Reaction score
MasterCard also has some serious clout with Citibank backing (IIRC). Who knows what sort of shenanigans is going on behind closed doors? That said SWIFT global marketshare has been recently weakened with global saber-rattling, so this might be a downstream effect of marketshare contraction. The drying river has the big sturgeons fight for best territory...

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
MasterCard also has some serious clout with Citibank backing (IIRC). Who knows what sort of shenanigans is going on behind closed doors? That said SWIFT global marketshare has been recently weakened with global saber-rattling, so this might be a downstream effect of marketshare contraction. The drying river has the big sturgeons fight for best territory...
We're also talking Amazon which is notorious for constantly trying to decrease costs. Visa will probably relent and decrease fees or Amazon will setup its own Credit Card division.

soltakss

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Oh man tiling sucks. I don't envy you.
Oh, I didn't do it myself, I have learned that lesson.

Last time I tiled a bathroom it took me 2 days to do half a wall. This time, it took the tiler a day to do 4 walls, floor to ceiling, and the floor.
Baths are never big enough for me in this country. I can't remember the last time I had a bath big enough to lie down and soak properly in.
This is a P-Shaped bath, so lots of room at the tap end, which is where I normally sit. More space than the old shower as well.

3rik

(ᵕ̣̣̣̣̣̣﹏ᵕ̣̣̣̣̣̣) R.I.P. Hana Kimura (1997 - 2020)
Reaction score
My dad's move to a rehabilitation center was postponed because of a Covid case at the hospital. His test came back negative but now he has cold symptoms and some fever. He's fully vaccinated, but will have to wait and remain in quarantine until he's 48 hours symptom free before he can be moved.
I misread my brother's messages the first time: he already is in the rehabilitation center but has to remain in quarantine there until he's 48 hours symptom free. They're awaiting his new covid test results, but he'll have to be free of symptoms regardless.

EDIT: His test came back positive. My brother, who has been visiting him, also went into quarantine and will get himself tested, as will his girlfriend.

Last edited:

Giganotosaurus

Reaction score
They're all fully vaccinated. My dad is in his late 70s. So far his symptoms don't seem too serious: sore throat, runny nose, some fever.
That's good. My maternal grandparents both recently got covid. They're both vaxxed and my grnadmother has similar symptoms. My grandfather has bronchitis symptoms though.

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Reaction score
Congratulations, Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl! Hope the new gig is excellent!

Well, I'll be starting out with higher pay than what I'm making now, with the possibility of raises in the future, as well as monthly bonuses if the store does better than expected during a given month.

Funny thing... even though I was supposedly maxed out on what I could be paid - unless I went into management, which I absolutely did not want to do - when I handed in my resignation the store manager tried to keep me on by offering a raise... which was still less than the starting pay at the new job.

It will be nice that with the new job I will be concentrating on the part of my work that I do enjoy, and learning some related skills along the way eventually. Just as nice is thay I don't have to worry about making sales or doing busy-work that corporate put so much stock in.

The main down side is thay I'm going to have to shop for my own insurance. The secondary downside is that I'll be working most Saturdays, which means I'll need to figure out what to do with running games for the teens. I'll have Sundays off, buy I'm not certain if all of the kids would be available that day.

(The current job is open 7 days a week, but I was able to have Saturdays off consistently because the other main person in my department needed Sundays off to go to church - him working Saturdays and me working Sundays worked out well for both of us)

Nobby-W

Reaction score
Went in for an hour or so for the follow-up. At the end they asked me when I could start.

I'm now printing out a 2-week resignation notice to drop off at the current employer before they close tonight.

O for awesome! Well done, and I hope this one is a significant improvement on the last.

Dammit Viktor

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Broke my fucking couch yesterday. When everyone else got up (in a hurry) I failed; it didn't hurt, especially, but it was like trying to hyperextend a joint past its normal range of motion.

My girlfriend and I have been shopping for replacements for the couch, but my wheelchair cannot arrive soon enough.

Pain and swelling have been better than average, really, which makes this even scarier.

Ronnie Sanford

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Broke my fucking couch yesterday. When everyone else got up (in a hurry) I failed; it didn't hurt, especially, but it was like trying to hyperextend a joint past its normal range of motion.

My girlfriend and I have been shopping for replacements for the couch, but my wheelchair cannot arrive soon enough.

Pain and swelling have been better than average, really, which makes this even scarier.
Praying that you recover quick, fast and in a hurry with minimal pain.

Nobby-W

Reaction score
On the subject of jobs, a couple of interesting ones just came out of the woodwork. I had a second interview for one this afternoon and I just saw a CTO position for a managing agent that might be interesting, Just bundled a CV off to the agent for that - we'll see.

EmperorNorton

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I woke up feeling super productive today so rented a storage unit and just started moving all the stuff from my storage room into it. Want to put a place to fold laundry and some exercise equipment into our storage room... which is legitimately a large room it was just filled with a bunch of junk. Gonna move it all out, then organize it at the storage place over time. (I know I'm lying to myself, it will get organized when I die).

I just really want a place to workout cause 1. I hated going to the gym even pre-COVID, cause I don't like going out, and 2. Going to the gym is even less in the cards for me now.

At the moment, moving all the boxes is a pretty solid workout though.

Ronnie Sanford

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I woke up feeling super productive today so rented a storage unit and just started moving all the stuff from my storage room into it. Want to put a place to fold laundry and some exercise equipment into our storage room... which is legitimately a large room it was just filled with a bunch of junk. Gonna move it all out, then organize it at the storage place over time. (I know I'm lying to myself, it will get organized when I die).

I just really want a place to workout cause 1. I hated going to the gym even pre-COVID, cause I don't like going out, and 2. Going to the gym is even less in the cards for me now.

At the moment, moving all the boxes is a pretty solid workout though.
Somebody, maybe The Butcher The Butcher, needs to invent a 2 hour cardio session in a pill form. They would make billions!

Agemegos

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Three real estate agents have called in today to ask whether I know anyone in the area who wants to sell or let their house. It's getting so a bloke can't mop his floors in peace.

The Butcher

#keto #ketodiet #ketocooking
Reaction score
Somebody, maybe The Butcher The Butcher, needs to invent a 2 hour cardio session in a pill form. They would make billions!
I’d stand to benefit. Lifting weights is okay but cardio I find a bit boring.
A bridal party just pulled up outside my house to have wedding photos taken in my street. Perhaps because of the jacarandas.

That's something you don't see every day.
TIL there are jacarandas in Australia.

Nobby-W

Reaction score

TIL there are jacarandas in Australia.
They're pretty widespread. They're iconic in parts of South Africa, for example.

Acmegamer

Legendary Member
Reaction score

TIL there are jacarandas in Australia trying to kill you*.
Fixed that for you.

*Because everything in Australia is trying to kill you. So it reasons that a plant transplanted to Australia would go all Audrey II from "Little Shop of Horrors". "Feed me Seymour!"

Nobby-W

Reaction score
Fixed that for you.

*Because everything in Australia is trying to kill you. So it reasons that a plant transplanted to Australia would go all Audrey II from "Little Shop of Horrors". "Feed me Seymour!"
What does a drop bear do to hide in a Jacaranda?

- Paints its feet purple.

Have you ever seen a drop bear hiding in a Jacaranda?

- No.

Shows how good the disguise is then. *rimshot

Last edited:
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com