Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'm grateful for:
  • I'm employed next year
  • Mrs Nobby-W Nobby-W is getting some home help in January.
  • Our eldest spawn (autistic) is enrolled at a special school for autism and is making visible progress.
  • Mrs. Nobby-W Nobby-W is starting to get her business up and running.
  • After the trials and tribulations they all still love me.
  • And a community of folks who brighten my days and tolerate my prolific shitposting and dad jokes.
I might not be the only fan of the Pub but I am a fan.

Well, a new wrinkle in this saga-- I am on mandatory bedrest for the next few days, but Irene's mother is a retired nurse and knows that if I shouldn't drive or operate my wheelchair, I probably also shouldn't be left at home alone all day.

So, I had to find myself a babysitter so that my little accident didn't ruin Christmas for both of us. Bright side, me and the babysitters' favorite restaurant is open for takeout on Christmas Day.

There's nothing more Christmassy than a bitter old man who hates Christmas. :grin:

Well, it's a better year than last one for me so far but then, the in-laws, and their endearing tendency to tell us we should kill our pets, arrive tomorrow.
Are they into animal sacrifice for the solstice?

No, they just hate pets and think their lack of tact is humorous. There's good sides to their coming to our house but I'm not looking forward to it. There's a reason I tell the young guys that if they meet a girl who's family is all dead, I don't care what she looks like, what her personality is like, or how she smells you marry that girl and you'll have the happiest marriage possible. But I'm not bitter :grin:

Well, a new wrinkle in this saga-- I am on mandatory bedrest for the next few days, but Irene's mother is a retired nurse and knows that if I shouldn't drive or operate my wheelchair, I probably also shouldn't be left at home alone all day.

So, I had to find myself a babysitter so that my little accident didn't ruin Christmas for both of us. Bright side, me and the babysitters' favorite restaurant is open for takeout on Christmas Day.
Get better soon, man.

Get better soon, man.
My recovery should perk up now that I'm not still occasionally punching myself in the mouth. I'm trying to get people to bring me sports drinks (electrolytes, they're what plants crave!) and bang/reign energy drinks for BCAAs, but of course nobody wants to go shopping on Christmas Eve/Day.

I was already on steroids and opioids for the arthritic flareup that forced me to buy the treacherous fucking wheelchair in the first place, so this seems as good a day as any to not quit.

Always wondered what that was supposed to be.

i’d been hearing that line for years with no context, and it wasn’t until I stumbled over a clip
on Youtube this year that I learned where it was from.

In other news the boss of my new boss volunteered me to work Christmas, which was a first on several levels. I ended up doing 15 hours, bringing me in at over 70 hours last week. My body is telling me it’s not pleased with all that today.

Niece and nephew made it up with their +1s. Niece was a bit of a trial, and I need to have a talk with her about me bailing her out (she doesn’t ask when she should). Her +1 is extremely nice, almost saccharine. I like her for that, because she balances out the niece well.

Christmas worked out more-or-less okay. Between my brother dying just over four months ago, and one of my best friends dying just over two weeks ago, I wasn't feeling especially festive.

So the fact that I was having bad allergy issues Christmas Eve & Christmas morning, which caused me to take Benadryl, which knocks me on my ass, was probably for the best. I more-or-less slept through Christmas, other than a FaceTime call with my parents, the fourth quarter of the Packers/Browns game, and a walk over to some out-of-town friends' apartment to check on their cats.

With Covid restrictions and unexpected snow and cold for the West Coast of Canada we've done Xmas at home, mostly. Also been fighting an off/on sore throat so better safe than sorry.

We got a lot of Chinese takeout, drink and edibles to get us through the holiday weekend.

Chinese food is a bit of a tradition in my family as my parents' anniversary is on Xmas eve so my brothers and I would go to the local Chinese restaurant for Xmas eve which also meant Chinese leftovers Xmas day.

Got a bunch of blus for this Xmas, which is cool, will binge them as much as possible before returning to work.

Christmas was ok, I had to get some antibiotics due to a very stubborn sinus infection but managed to get to my folks house for a visit.
My mother insisted on having a traditional christmas dinner with turkey, green bean casserole and mashed potatoes.
We watched Wheel of Time on amazon.

I was going to travel south for Christmas with relatives, but the weather changed those plans. I can handle myself, I just don't want to deal with all the other idiots on the road. I FaceTimed with most of my family, snuggled under the blankets as it snowed, had close to six inches, sipped on irish cream spiked hot chocolate.

Work is there...I've had to hold my tongue a lot at what parents have been saying...

E E-Rocker I hope things improve. My 2021 has been rough. I take care of my mom and she's a lot worse this year than previous years, plus my own mental health, money troubles (which partly had to do with my mom and rising grocery prices, but thankfully I hope that's turned around)

Never mind, I've had physical health issues (stupid long-term drainage issues down the back of my throat that make my already poor sleep patterns a nightmare.

I am surviving but that's about it. I'm going to try and focus on drawing this upcoming year since I haven't in a long while or at least not gotten anything remotely worth keeping.

Plus my novel has some fixes I need to do, then pass back to the editor (a second time!) Though I'm also removing some characters so the spotlight is mostly on the core ones of the main protagonist group. (Though some characters just won't get much the book isn't as much about them.)

I do talk to my doctor next week and a health counselor my insurance provides has suggested I talk to my newest doctor and explain something I hadn't felt a need to as the counselor thinks that there might be better solutions to my sleep problems. (It also may be time for another sleep test.) Joy.

Welp, I just blew up at my boss in anger over the heavy workload. It might cost me my job but I had to do it. My previous attempts at bringing up the workload have been blown off and I have been seething with anger for weeks. These guys have the gall to lay me off then rehire me two months later with a heavily increased workload expecting me to happily accept it. I have money saved up, there are tons of jobs out there, and I don't need to take this crap.

Welp, I just blew up at my boss in anger over the heavy workload. It might cost me my job but I had to do it. My previous attempts at bringing up the workload have been blown off and I have been seething with anger for weeks. These guys have the gall to lay me off then rehire me two months later with a heavily increased workload expecting me to happily accept it. I have money saved up, there are tons of jobs out there, and I don't need to take this crap.
I'd suggest you start looking now. From what I'm hearing the easier to come by jobs right now all have an in person requirement. Not to say other areas aren't experiencing demand but from what I can see the ones requiring you to be physically present and interact with random human beings are the ones most likely to pay whatever just to get a warm body.
Other jobs may have more of the usual do you line up with exactly what they are looking for requirements.

Well, it's 2022 in UTC now. I've finished my old job and on to the new whenever they finish the vetting for it.

The 'verse is ticking along - I'm tackling the problem of planning large space stations in 3D tonight. Got a prototype up based on a scripted parametric modelling package. It means taking something akin to an engineering approach to the stations, but going down into the weeds with the detail is a good way to think something through and come up with quirks. Constraints driving creativity and all that.

We'll see where this takes us.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back