Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Had my first colonoscopy yesterday. It went fine. The doc removed two benign polyps.

You're not allowed to eat the day before the procedure, so once I was home, I spent the rest of the day eating, resting, and streaming shows.

Still a little wiped out today from having been under anesthesia yesterday.

Yeah, until monsoon season...then Arizona becomes more like a flame broiled Alabama for a few weeks :-)
And let's not the forget the sandstorms..

Seriously, though, I love the Phoenix area, as a place to visit anyway. Some beautiful scenery, great museums and historic sites, some nice parks, not too hard to get around in by car.

Had my first colonoscopy yesterday. It went fine. The doc removed two benign polyps.

You're not allowed to eat the day before the procedure, so once I was home, I spent the rest of the day eating, resting, and streaming shows.

Good deal, that's what you want. You don't want what I ended up with, two large polyps (they were found to be non cancerous as well but were large enough that they needed to go) that were in a position that they couldn't get at easily so they ended up removing 10 inches of my coln (the Cecum) last year and I'm still dealing with the post operative issues from it. The fucking surgeon though she listened to me and said she understood did exactly what I didn't want her to do.

I'd had an umbilical hernia repair back in 2015. At the time I told that surgeon, that I don't care if it's pretty, I just want it corrected and I don't want a fucking mesh unless it's absolutely needed. Come 2022 and the surgeon for the removal of the troubled area and I explain the previous surgery once she tells me where she wants to go in. She assured me she could go in above it (the procedure was supposed to be semi laparoscopic as an aside). I also told her my views on the mesh situation and I could tell she didn't agree. (Shrugs) Maybe they'd improved it, I just know that at the time of the umbilical hernia there were around a half million court cases about mesh inserts and I wanted to avoid that.

As I told the surgeon back then, just knot the fucker up and make sure it keeps. Post umbilical surgery there was a hardened area where he'd corrected the tear and I was perfectly fine with that. Anyhow back to 2022, the surgeon goes in and finds all this scar tissue, to get around it she ends up doing a six inch vertical cut upward so now the surgery isn't semi laparoscopic and is a full on open him up situation. After that she removed all that scar tissue to get to the Cecum, joy. Here's the thing, I know have a hole in my lining that I can feel that my intestine prods through at times and my gut looks like a post avalanche. No more hardened scar tissue repair area from the 2015 umbilical hernia surgery.

To say that I am mad, frustrated etc etc would be an understatement. I'm slowly working my way back up to find a new doctor to repair this surgeons damage so I can have my quality of life return. My core aches easily and often and I can't work out. I do go on walks but even those can become low ache painful so there's that. I've not ridden my motorcycle since the end of November because its a large heavy bike and requires my core to move around and I don't want to tear things more.

So yeah, do go and get your fucking colonoscopy's folks and don't put it off. The sooner they note something that faster they can remove it before it gets into a position where they can't remove it and have to remove part of your colon instead. There were two polyps in that area of my coln, one as large and circular around the size of a silver dollar and the other was elongated and around the same length. The problem was they were located in the lower part of cecum on the outer wall. Which is a thin part of the colon and hard to remove something without causing external damage etc. So hence the need to remove the whole section. The reason it was upwards of 10 inches is they like to get clean material for the sewing it up on each end.

So yeah, do go and get your fucking colonoscopy's folks and don't put it off. The sooner they note something that faster they can remove it before it gets into a position where they can't remove it and have to remove part of your colon instead.

Sound advice.

I wasn't exactly thrilled when my doctor said I should have one. What sold me on it was that in December of '21, one of my lifelong best friends died of cancer at the ripe old age of 43. His was pancreatic cancer, not colon cancer, but still, that having happened gave me the push to think, "yeah, this is probably a good idea that I should probably go ahead and do."

Did that earlier this year. The prep is balls and the rest of the day after is loopyville.

I need to start keeping a dream journal right next to my bed. I keep having really weird fuckin' dreams that would be great to mine for gaming content, but once I wake up, I immediately and automatically go into my morning routine, and by the time I think, "oh yeah, I should write that crazy dream down," it's 90% gone. If I came across a notebook at pen at the same time I'm reaching for my glasses, I would probably have better like catching the details.

I need to start keeping a dream journal right next to my bed. I keep having really weird fuckin' dreams that would be great to mine for gaming content, but once I wake up, I immediately and automatically go into my morning routine, and by the time I think, "oh yeah, I should write that crazy dream down," it's 90% gone. If I came across a notebook at pen at the same time I'm reaching for my glasses, I would probably have better like catching the details.
My wife's like that. She scares me sometimes.

I quite literally have such vivid and bizarre dreams they become fodder for gaming and novels all the time. My most recent one: I was back in junior high--but in a weird monster-laden semi-Post apocalyptic world. I still was not fitting in this time because I wasn't a member of the religious order of monster hunters (open to boys) to fight the monsters of my dream. I was told I could join but it sounded too cult-like, and instead, I just fought the monsters on my own. I witnessed them going through a ritual to give them swords forged of their own blood, running around the school running into massive wolves, dogs, a colony of bears, and other things. The animals didn't bother me at all, just the more supernatural monsters. Ended up meeting the 200-year-old "saint" who established the new version of faith (I'm not sure if it was pseud-Catholocism or not.) She and I talked and found out we were from other worlds than the one we were in. She and I worked to bring women into the defense of humanity. (There had been an order of women once, but it died out.)

That's fairly mundane by my dreams.

I quite literally have such vivid and bizarre dreams they become fodder for gaming and novels all the time. My most recent one: I was back in junior high--but in a weird monster-laden semi-Post apocalyptic world. I still was not fitting in this time because I wasn't a member of the religious order of monster hunters (open to boys) to fight the monsters of my dream. I was told I could join but it sounded too cult-like, and instead, I just fought the monsters on my own. I witnessed them going through a ritual to give them swords forged of their own blood, running around the school running into massive wolves, dogs, a colony of bears, and other things. The animals didn't bother me at all, just the more supernatural monsters. Ended up meeting the 200-year-old "saint" who established the new version of faith (I'm not sure if it was pseud-Catholocism or not.) She and I talked and found out we were from other worlds than the one we were in. She and I worked to bring women into the defense of humanity. (There had been an order of women once, but it died out.)

That's fairly mundane by my dreams.
Are you sure you just didn't fall asleep watching anime? Cause that sounds like an anime.

Perhaps you're sleepwalking and then watching anime? :grin:

It sure seems like your subconscious has been watching *a lot* more anime than you know of...
Maybe the subconscious is an anime? Like humans exist solely for our dreams to create anime for some otaku eldritch being. One person dreams a new episode every night.

Probably Indian Grain moths. Go to amazon and buy some of those glue strips. The moths are harmless, just a pain in the ass. We get them off an on from our macaws food if the manufacturer of the bird food doesn't store the grain in very cool/cold storage, which will kill the moths.

These are the strips.

Q-Traps Pantry Moth Traps - Safe, Nontoxic, Insecticide & Odor Free, Pheromone Attractant Traps for Common Kitchen Moths (6 Traps)

Brand: Q-Traps
Moth traps are gross but effective. We had a major breakout last year- when I put a trap in the pantry, the pheromone caused half a dozen moths to instantly appear from their hiding places to rush to their doom. After a couple of days, the few traps I put out were covered on the inside.

If you buy new rice/grain in the near future, keep it in the freezer if you don't have enough sealed containers.

Moth traps are gross but effective. We had a major breakout last year- when I put a trap in the pantry, the pheromone caused half a dozen moths to instantly appear from their hiding places to rush to their doom. After a couple of days, the few traps I put out were covered on the inside.

If you buy new rice/grain in the near future, keep it in the freezer if you don't have enough sealed containers.
Right?! I tend to place 3 or so around the parrots room when we have an outbreak from bird food. It's uncommon these days but around every 16 to 18 months i'll have a bad bag come on and... boom! moths everywhere.

Definitely agree and second the freezer on rice/grain deal. If you have a floor unit, just toss em in there for a week and then honestly it should be safe to move them into storage on the shelf. Even then I recommend good sealed containers.

I'm big on seal containers. Everytime I find myself in the South the lesson of how well those serve you is reinforced. heh.

I think you get a Moderate.

(US political joke....uh, so...I'll just see myself out...:errr: )
Is that similar to a Singularity? I always figured the two pills might sort of cancel eachother out and cause some kind of Singularity event or whatever those things are called.

Is that similar to a Singularity? I always figured the two pills might sort of cancel eachother out and cause some kind of Singularity event or whatever those things are called.

At this point, if a Moderate were to enter Congress, I'm pretty certain that would cause a Singularity, so yeah, you're probably right...

I went to a physiotherapist last week because I've been experiencing shoulder pain and it was rapidly getting worse. Apparently I have some kind of syndrome, but they're not going to name it after me, so I'll probably be fine. She gave me some exercises to sort it out and five days later I'm already feeling the benefit. My wife is thrilled that this isn't going to hamper lawncare.

Last Wednesday, I noticed a red spot under my armpit. It had a small bump in the middle so I assumed it was a spider bite. I had my wife take a look at it and she said it looked like a tick bite. Never saw one on me but we have them around the Northeast bad this year so it could have bit me at some point in the last couple months. I had some lower body aches but we kept an eye on it.

By Sunday, it looked more like a bullseye and it was getting bigger so she took me to urgent care. By this point, I still had the lower aches, a massive headache and I felt like I had run a couple miles but I hadn’t done anything except sit on the couch. The NP looked at it and was pretty sure it was a tick bite. She gave me a prescription for antibiotics and told me to follow up with my PC in 10 days, in case I need to get tested for Lyme. I’m on the standard treatment to “cure” it if I have it.

By Sunday afternoon, I had a fever that was close to 102, but it broke with some tylenol. I still felt like garbage and had the headaches still and looked forward to the Tylenol for any relief. Pain-wise, I have had the worst week ever in my life, maybe worse than after my first eye surgery because then it only felt like I had been punched in the head 100 times, not all over my body like this week.

I feel pretty good this morning. I only have a headache on one side of my head and my body feels about 75% instead of like death warmed over. I think the drugs are working. I probably do have the second stage of Lyme as we checked the symptoms and they match up. I’m just glad that my wife took me to urgent care and I got checked out. I didn’t think much of it at first but you don’t want to wait too long with this sort of thing.

Last Wednesday, I noticed a red spot under my armpit. It had a small bump in the middle so I assumed it was a spider bite. I had my wife take a look at it and she said it looked like a tick bite. Never saw one on me but we have them around the Northeast bad this year so it could have bit me at some point in the last couple months. I had some lower body aches but we kept an eye on it.

By Sunday, it looked more like a bullseye and it was getting bigger so she took me to urgent care. By this point, I still had the lower aches, a massive headache and I felt like I had run a couple miles but I hadn’t done anything except sit on the couch. The NP looked at it and was pretty sure it was a tick bite. She gave me a prescription for antibiotics and told me to follow up with my PC in 10 days, in case I need to get tested for Lyme. I’m on the standard treatment to “cure” it if I have it.

By Sunday afternoon, I had a fever that was close to 102, but it broke with some tylenol. I still felt like garbage and had the headaches still and looked forward to the Tylenol for any relief. Pain-wise, I have had the worst week ever in my life, maybe worse than after my first eye surgery because then it only felt like I had been punched in the head 100 times, not all over my body like this week.

I feel pretty good this morning. I only have a headache on one side of my head and my body feels about 75% instead of like death warmed over. I think the drugs are working. I probably do have the second stage of Lyme as we checked the symptoms and they match up. I’m just glad that my wife took me to urgent care and I got checked out. I didn’t think much of it at first but you don’t want to wait too long with this sort of thing.
We didn't have a harsh winter here, so when I go out in the woods I've started for the first time putting tick treatment all over, and treating my clothes too! I heard someone that got AGS from a tick bite and they're now allergic to dairy and red meat forever! I love steak, lamb and dairy too much to play with that!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back