Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Had my performance reviews - both with my reports (all were good with the exception of one, but she was OK with it and understood), and for myself (it was a good review)

However, then my boss brought up that his boss was a dick. We used to do stack ranking which sucked and screwed people. He did it, and gave some people outsized bonuses, which means the money had to come from somewhere else. Now stressing over what my bonus will be, and since it's a major part of my salary, it's really stressful. Did I mention it's really stressful?

Had my annual performance review yesterday, which went fine. Nice thing was, my boss had just put it on the schedule the day before, so I didn't really have time to get anxious about it.

Right now, I'm just killing time until I go to the doctor for my annual physical exam. I found a new doctor because my old one didn't have any open appointments until May! Nice thing is, besides that the new doctor can see me today, she's also located a lot more conveniently to where I live.
These days, the only annual performance reviews I have to suffer are from my wife and my physician.

1708139993495.png

Nothing wrong with that. I retired before my wife, so these days I'm a house husband. Of course since the pandemic she works from home, so we're both around a lot. lol

View attachment 78049
It all depends on how much money my wife is going to make in the future. She actually enjoys working and evolving professionally, whereas I'm only in it because I need the money to live and buy stuff.

I forgot how much anxiety there is in the start of a relationship. But it's exciting and I'm looking forward for the first time rather than looking towards the past.

That's good news! And not that you requested it, but free advice: Be yourself. Do yourself a favor and just be who you are. And if they still like you after that, hopefully everything goes smoothly from there.

Its advice I gave (and keep giving) my kids. I see too many people try to change to become what the other person wants, but everyone comes back to who they really are eventually, and then shit blows up...

That's good news! And not that you requested it, but free advice: Be yourself. Do yourself a favor and just be who you are. And if they still like you after that, hopefully everything goes smoothly from there.

Its advice I gave (and keep giving) my kids. I see too many people try to change to become what the other person wants, but everyone comes back to who they really are eventually, and then shit blows up...
Yeah, the problem in this case is she thinks i'm too good to be true and unattached, so she's waiting on the other shoe to drop. So the only thing I can do is to keep being consistent and keep being myself.

Yeah, the problem in this case is she thinks i'm too good to be true and unattached, so she's waiting on the other shoe to drop. So the only thing I can do is to keep being consistent and keep being myself.
Its funny. You go from "weird loner" to "you're so lucky does he have a brother" in a span of six months to a year and the only thing that changes is you're off the market now. Pick up a t-shirt that says "Trophy Husband" and offer to take belly dancing lessons with her.

No, really. The belly dancing thing is great. Its easy light aerobics, you're likely the only guy there, and there's a bunch of women wishing they could get their/a guy to come too. She'll be delighted and you'll get better at making sexy hip wiggles.

Its funny. You go from "weird loner" to "you're so lucky does he have a brother" in a span of six months to a year and the only thing that changes is you're off the market now. Pick up a t-shirt that says "Trophy Husband" and offer to take belly dancing lessons with her.

No, really. The belly dancing thing is great. Its easy light aerobics, you're likely the only guy there, and there's a bunch of women wishing they could get their/a guy to come too. She'll be delighted and you'll get better at making sexy hip wiggles.
Join the PTA. Substitute Teach a few times. I swear my life is 10:1 women to men.

Nothing wrong with that. I retired before my wife, so these days I'm a house husband. Of course since the pandemic she works from home, so we're both around a lot. lol
My current plan is to 'die in harness' which seems to have been the fate of my male ancestors as far back as I know anything about them--though in one case this meant being gunned down by a neighboring rancher, an end I'd rather avoid.

Acmegamer Acmegamer Lofgeornost Lofgeornost

Househusband-header-gif.gif

Keeping myself so busy I haven’t had time to game in years. :sad: working full time, teaching part time, family obligations, etc. Hell, so much so that my therapist actually told me to play d&d.

I’d been getting my RPG fix playing Dark Souls. Finished all three and kinda sad Elden Ring isn’t grabbing me the way DS did. Maybe I should finally grab BG3 despite my fear of not having the time for it.

Keeping myself so busy I haven’t had time to game in years. :sad: working full time, teaching part time, family obligations, etc. Hell, so much so that my therapist actually told me to play d&d.

I’d been getting my RPG fix playing Dark Souls. Finished all three and kinda sad Elden Ring isn’t grabbing me the way DS did. Maybe I should finally grab BG3 despite my fear of not having the time for it.

Maybe grab it anyway, even if you have to Save your way through the game, one hour at a time :grin:

Maybe grab it anyway, even if you have to Save your way through the game, one hour at a time :grin:
I’m just worried about losing track of where I am if I have to take an extended break. I’ve ditched *so* many CRPGs due to that in the past…

I’m just worried about losing track of where I am if I have to take an extended break. I’ve ditched *so* many CRPGs due to that in the past…

I know that feeling lol. Sometimes its a week or better before I have time to go back to a game I'm playing, and then I'm thinking, where was I? What was happening?

I should probably take notes...kinda like a tabletop RPG. :grin:

Have you shown her your RPG collection?
Actually... yes. That's the thing about her... she's into almost everything I am but to different extents. She's played D&D and liked it but hasn't played anything else. She quotes firefly for God's sake and squeed and got it when I said I aim to misbehave before we knew that about each other

Actually... yes. That's the thing about her... she's into almost everything I am but to different extents. She's played D&D and liked it but hasn't played anything else. She quotes firefly for God's sake and squeed and got it when I said I aim to misbehave before we knew that about each other
Say no more. You've found her. This is clearly not a replacement but an upgrade :thumbsup: .

Is your girlfriend single?

I just saw 3 of my best mentees go into an interview to grill a candidate. One of them spent 20 minutes with me exploring an AI question just before, and she's barely been doing this since my kid has been attending school. One of them is getting set to take over a project from me with international scope. The last has already taken over all of the practical work on a project with international scope by request from the sponsor (phone call: "She's so good!")

i'm going to get all weepy now.

I've already informed Mrs Spitting that all those evenings she thought I was playing videogames with my back to her, I was actually out visiting my secret second family.

She's sceptical.

That's how you keep them guessing...

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back