Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Got some floating shelves for the bedroom. They arrived without any mounting hardware so I called Amazon about it. Since they couldn't provide the missing parts, they're sending me a second set for free. Meanwhile I am fairly handy and was able to use some equipment in my toolbox to mount the shelves that came without all the advertised parts. So I'm essentially getting four shelves for the price of two. I'm going to use them as my Westerns nook in my corner of the master bedroom. Two more ought to be just enough shelf space.

I need about 2-3 more bookshelves to get my collection out of boxes.

Most of our old solar-powered walkway lights had burned out so on Sunday the kids and I put in these new ones leading from the gate to the front door:
20190501_203044.jpg

At the local pub last day before leaving wife's home area and I spot some guys sheltered in the window....
IMG_20190503_111633.jpg

Taking a closer look it's a family of poor Porgs, playing Melee as their evening entertainment, lacking the basic means needed to buy Into the Labyrinth...
IMG_20190503_111714.jpg

However their spirit of camaraderie inspired me to give a game of Melee to these two guys I found outside the bar, hoping they'd bond over the experience (sign behind them reads "Long long ago in The Little Thresher", with "The Little Thresher" being the town's name):
IMG_20190503_111738.jpg

...(sign behind them reads "Long long ago in The Little Thresher", with "The Little Thresher" being the town's name):
Don't try to bamboozle me with your leprechaun tricks. That sign clearly says "faddo faddo are an embooly." There's no mention of a thresher at all!

"Do you have to keep tapping like that, you bloated sack of protoplasm?"

Got a handful of blisters from assembling a bunkbed for four hours yesterday afternoon. Kids needed new beds and decided they wanted to share a room. I got a bunkbed that can later be turned into two twin beds in case they tire of each other's "entertainment." I have no idea where they got Gatorade from; I assume Mommy indulges them since I never buy the stuff.
20190505_083621.jpg

Pulled a metaphorical though seemingly literal ton of weeds today to make the entryway to Castle Dumarest presentable once more. A few rainy days followed by lots of sunshine = dandelions and other assorted uninvited guests. Speaking of dandelions, the iron fence and gate (not visible in photo) are there to keep out riffraff like Voros Voros and Séadna Séadna. :wink:
20190505_175324.jpg

Got some floating shelves for the bedroom. They arrived without any mounting hardware so I called Amazon about it. Since they couldn't provide the missing parts, they're sending me a second set for free. Meanwhile I am fairly handy and was able to use some equipment in my toolbox to mount the shelves that came without all the advertised parts. So I'm essentially getting four shelves for the price of two. I'm going to use them as my Westerns nook in my corner of the master bedroom. Two more ought to be just enough shelf space.
The free replacement shelves arrived, with all the advertised parts this time, so now my Western paperback library is open for business. I couldn't find a few books so I need to scour the house to figure out wher they went. I also still need a place to shelve my massive set of Time-Life The Old West books and other hardcover nonfiction on the American frontier.
20190505_222147.jpg
In other news, my kids asked to watch The Big Valley yesterday, specifically "one with a gunfight" per my son, and when we were at one of those "dollar store" places today (I needed 3x5 cards) he asked me to get him this cheapo plastic cowboy set that came with a toy six-shooter, a sheriff's badge, a holster, and I think a soft Bowie "knife" or something, so my indoctrination seems to be working. :gunslinger:

So, my brother is graduating tomorrow. I'm proud of him.

On another note, I am also working on an awesome multi-crossover fan fiction.

The story is titled The Best Little Whorehouse In The Multiverse

Of course, it will be highly NSFW and contain all sorts of characters and pairings from all over, whether it be hetero, yaoi, or yuri. If it fits, it ships!

Resigned from the Monster Hunters Club Kickstarter (if you're a backer, there have been updates about this).

Have been writing for a local wrestling company's wrestling magazine, and am transitioning into controlling the editorial direction of it.

In two months, I'll be making my return to the wrestling ring at the age of 40, and after being retired for nearly 10 years. We'll see how that goes.

Have a couple of new comic projects I'm working on.

Getting promising news about future career prospects as our current contract with the FAA draws to a close.

So, cautiously optimistic about the future. Blessed with enough financial stability that I can work on projects that are a salve for the soul.

We have one of those weird skinny cats that looks like the offspring of a regular cat and a grey alien. She's never worn a collar, because as a kitten she could slip out of even the smallest one we could buy. Now she's an adult, a kitten collar fits her snugly enough to stay on.

She showed us how she feels about that by pissing on my clean work shirts.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back