Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Kid’s asleep.

New gaming rig is here.

Internet connection upgraded.

Borderlands 3 installed.

Pizza in the oven and ice cream in the freezer.

I know it’s an old meme, but:
fuck-yeah-aww-yeah-l-1_copy.jpg
Old meme for us old folks.

Kid’s asleep.

New gaming rig is here.

Internet connection upgraded.

Borderlands 3 installed.

Pizza in the oven and ice cream in the freezer.

I know it’s an old meme, but:
fuck-yeah-aww-yeah-l-1_copy.jpg

Started a Moze just to see how it goes (also because it’s the one Mrs. The Butcher has an eye on — I’m leaning Zane myself, though FL4K looks sexy too). No-nonsense soldier lady who summons a mech with a BFG for each hand (the mech, not the lady)? Yes please.

Two hours and four levels in and I’m digging it. New mechanics far less clunky than I expected. Same twisted sense of humor. Lots of shooting and gore. Exactly what I expected. Looking forward to digging in with Mrs. The Butcher.

Last edited:
Just hit HMV for Christmas presents. A new one has opened up in Birmingham, basically a huge open plan room with lots of CDs, DVDs and Blu-Rays, with some extra merchandise and props. I really liked it, so open and airy, much better than the rugby scrum that is a normal HMV at Christmas. Anyway, bought presents for both parents and 6 nieces and nephews.

Got back, after a bus ride there and back and shopping in one shop and am shattered.

Just read over some paperwork I got from my step mother via my uncle. apparently I am the proud owner of mineral rights in the middle of North Dakota. They are undeveloped and uninteresting currently, but because I am the owner, now I get to occasionally ping the county and remind them that I own them. I highly doubt there is anything useful there.

Works christmas night out yesterday, hit a couple of parties, switched to water a few hours before leaving so I didn't have a hangover today :smile:

I've got nothing urgent to do tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to staying in bed for as long as possible. I need to get a tablecloth - something appropriately moody to do tarot readings on, you understand - but that's about it.

Just read over some paperwork I got from my step mother via my uncle. apparently I am the proud owner of mineral rights in the middle of North Dakota. They are undeveloped and uninteresting currently, but because I am the owner, now I get to occasionally ping the county and remind them that I own them. I highly doubt there is anything useful there.
My wife's parents inherited something similar in Kansas. I spent a little bit of time trying to figure out where they exactly were, whether anything nearby had planned out for anyone, etc. It's a fun little learning experience.

My wife's parents inherited something similar in Kansas. I spent a little bit of time trying to figure out where they exactly were, whether anything nearby had planned out for anyone, etc. It's a fun little learning experience.

indeed, i spent an hour or two doing that tonight, going through and learning how to read the plat map, about townships and sections and whatnot.

indeed, i spent an hour or two doing that tonight, going through and learning how to read the plat map, about townships and sections and whatnot.
I find random things like this always pop back up in my life and I'm glad I took the time to be curious.

Tonight was my works Christmas party. It was a good time. Good food, open bar, dueling pianos, and a hulu hoop dancer. Fun times with my other family.:grin:

Wife's new PC arrived as well. I'll be setting it up later today when Baby Butcher naps. And when he sleeps, we'll be rocking some Borderlands 3.

Also WoW Classic, which I am installing right now.

EDIT: Installed in a few minutes. After years under a 15Mbps connection (outdated contract with the cable company), 120Mbps feels like a goddamn causality violation.

EDIT: Installed in a few minutes. After years under a 15Mbps connection (outdated contract with the cable company), 120Mbps feels like a goddamn causality violation.

I swear you are me. Same thing happened to me, we went from 10 to 100. it was fantastic. We ended up having too much streaming with The three of us all off in our spaces Doing our things. Needed to upgrade.

So, here we are at the Casa Grande hotel in Jakarta, chosen for that most Indonesian of reasons - proximity to a particular shopping mall. Long-haul flying with pre-school children is a special kind of terrible.

Fun fact: Jabotedebek (a colloquial term for the conurbation of Jakarta, Bogor, Tangerang, Depok, Bekasi, essentially greater Jakarta) has something of the order of 100 large shopping malls.

For those of a British persuasion, I've been in several larger than Bluewater. For those of an American persuasion, I've been in at least one that's bigger than the Mall of America. They love their shopping malls here, and they build them at scale, although not as big as the monster Chinese ones.

On the plus side, my new travel laptop is holding up well (my wife appropriated my old one as her daily driver). For those wanting to do a laptop on a budget, I recommend checking out the market in ex-lease Thinkpads.

Bonus rave on ex-lease Thinkpads. https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/ubuntu-advice.3662/#post-128278

I swear you are me. Same thing happened to me, we went from 10 to 100. it was fantastic. We ended up having too much streaming with The three of us all off in our spaces Doing our things. Needed to upgrade.

When I moved to our flat, I went from 200Mbs to 40Mbs. now, you might think that 40Mbs is good, but not when compared to 200. Unfortunately, my previous provider has no coverage in my area.

I don't think I ever saw him in anything else besides a guest spot on Fraser, but for a time in the 90s, Odo was my favourite character on TV :sad:

My noisy and disruptive neighbors have signed a stipulation to vacate their unit by the end of the month!!!
Less than a month left of getting woken up by a (possible) drug abuser vacuuming their apartment at 2:30am followed by incoherent shouting about mind control cigarrettes!
On the downside I have "The Crud" aka a painful head cold the night before my final final.
Could be better could be worse!

I don't think I ever saw him in anything else besides a guest spot on Fraser, but for a time in the 90s, Odo was my favourite character on TV :sad:
Benson was actually pretty good - one of the better sitcoms of its era. In turn it was a spin-off of Soap, also a pretty good sitcom lampooning daytime soap operas and notable for getting Billy Crystal his major career break. My folks were fans of Soap but it really pre-dated me as I had never actually watched a soap opera at the time.

Benson was actually pretty good - one of the better sitcoms of its era. In turn it was a spin-off of Soap, also a pretty good sitcom lampooning daytime soap operas and notable for getting Billy Crystal his major career break. My folks were fans of Soap but it really pre-dated me as I had never actually watched a soap opera at the time.
I watched both as a kid. Good shows.

IN16187-No-Squatting-on-Toilet-sign.png

In unrelated news, just inadvertently walked in on someone trying to squat-and-hover on a sit down toilet. Epic.
Oddly enough squatting can help some people with constipation issues.

Can’t let slide (heh) an opportunity to bring this up:

Hehe yeah I saw this year's ago before my son was diagnosed with encopresis. Someone really did a brilliant job with that commercial. I think normally someone would have tried to go the serious route and overblown the problem and benefits. By going silly they made it easier to have a conversation about it.

TPK this weekend... after a solid campaign that EERILY parallels the Mandalorian purely out of coincidence.... but it's over Johnny. It's over.

Now concepting the new campaign... Sith acolytes arriving on Korriban, fabled birthplace of the Sith and their Temple Academy.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!

I'm just trying to wrap of the semester but I am running out of steam.

TPK this weekend... after a solid campaign that EERILY parallels the Mandalorian purely out of coincidence.... but it's over Johnny. It's over.

Now concepting the new campaign... Sith acolytes arriving on Korriban, fabled birthplace of the Sith and their Temple Academy.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!
This is FFG's SWRPG, right? I think I've seen you mention that elsewhere. I am thinking of getting back into RPGs again via that system. What's the story behind the TPK?? :grin:

Yeah I've been running a Bounty Hunter campaign set in the Old Republic for a good long while now. The PC's are all elite operatives working for a criminal organization that is the cover for a Hutt trying to take over the Arkanian sector (a region containing The Slice - the Spice Triangle trade hub centered around Tatooine as the distribution center) which is under the control of Lowkai the Hutt of the Desiljic Kajidic (the great great grandfather of Jabba).

ANYHoo. Lowkai had been dethroned and in the power vaccuum both Kajidic's are essentially having an intragalactic gang-war centered on the Sector. This is during the Great Cold War between the Sith Empire and the Republic - it happens that the sector is in "neutral territory", so officially the Imps and the Pubs aren't supposed to be here... but in reality, the Pubs backed a bunch of pirates and the Imps backed the PC's organization.

Many many many fights and excursions into hell and cut-throat double-dealing, drug-running, sabotage-laden missions later - and one massive Tusken Raider-Krayt Dragon slaying quest - the PC's got into a massive fight in the middle of an electrical sandstorm on Tatooine - tried to escape on a massively damaged skyspeeder, the pilot player choose to shoot straight up through the middle of the storm (rather than skim along the ground) knowing he'd risk a possible lightning strike.

Well... I rolled a Triumph on my lightning strike. Direct hit. All the controls on the ship get ionized (whole thing powers down 400ft in the air). Worse: He's a Gank killer, so he's a cyborg.... *he* gets ionized... and the whole ship goes into freefall... several players try to do what they can, one shooting out a window while plummeting and does a hail-mary near impossible roll (successfully with complications) and grapple-hooks out taking another PC with him... but the rest pancake at full speed into the ground.

TEE-PEE-KAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back