Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The person with pants on.
I may have an issue with that. Currently the only on with pants in in my house is 3 years old and trying to stuff the cat into a garbage can... :/

The person with pants on.
I have an acquaintance on the MVP circuit who is in the habit of wearing kilts to conferences. We bought him a lava lava a few years ago. He posted something about the garment and I said unto myself: "Aha, not only do I know what he's talking about, I also know where I can buy one." The rest is history.

Regular meal times help too. If I get overly hungry and then eat, it can trigger an attack, especially if I am eating something iffy.

Small portions help me. If I eat a blowout meal I know I will suffer later on.

Spicy food gets me about 2 weeks afterwards, initiating a cycle of hell that lasts about a month.

Keep in mind, IBS is seems to be more a collection of symptoms than a disease, so what works for me might be useless for you.

It's what the doctors tell you that you've got when they can't find what is making you ill.

Taking that into consideration, I have found enteric peppermint capsules to be very useful for IBS. Peppermint is commonly uses as a digestive aid, such as in peppermint tea. The issue with that is that IBS affects the entire digestive tract and and peppermint is destroyed by stomach acid. It can calm the stomach doesn't work well beyond that point. Enteric peppermint capsules are coated so they slowly release through the entire digestive tract.

Peppermint gives me gas and I've never been able to tolerate much of it. Colofac (Mebeverine Hydrochloride) is my magic pill, it cuts down a lot of the symptoms and makes life tolerable.

As IBS is aggravated by stress, it is really easy to get in a negative feedback loop. I got in the mid-90s, and there just wasn't much information about it then. My doctors simply told me I was lactose intolerant and left me to my own devices, aside from prescribing drugs that didn't do much. The pain of IBS is stressful, which can just keep an attack going, and if you start associating eating with stress, you can easily get into a bad place.

For me, a cycle can last for a few weeks, consisting of a fairly predictable set of symptoms, each of which lasts 2 or 3 days, sometimes repeating for up to a month. When it is really bad, I can't concentrate at all and have absolutely no energy. It is definitely stress-related and can cause stress or anxiety to get a lot worse.

Enjoying the "benefits" of being married to a germophobe. Trips to Costco/Trader Joe's/Target/QFC/Multi hardware stores later I am prepared for an earthquake/pandemic/major supply chain disruption/side job as a painter.

At least I might finally be able to get her to agree meal planning would easier and more enjoyable than daily last minute meal planning.

Now I got to put it all away somewhere in the house.

Is Parenthood leaping from one crisis to the next for everyone else?

Enjoying the "benefits" of being married to a germophobe. Trips to Costco/Trader Joe's/Target/QFC/Multi hardware stores later I am prepared for an earthquake/pandemic/major supply chain disruption/side job as a painter.

At least I might finally be able to get her to agree meal planning would easier and more enjoyable than daily last minute meal planning.

Now I got to put it all away somewhere in the house.

Is Parenthood leaping from one crisis to the next for everyone else?
Leaping? *hysterical laughter*

Dragging my tired ass from one crisis to the next...

Leaping... good one man, good one.

I hear you on the tired. Sometimes I wonder where my wife gets the energy to worry so much. I'm envious
I should add all I have the energy to do is play elf games by post and talk about RPGs on some silly forum while actually or virtually drinking. Elf games is exhausting!

C'mon, the war was a long time ago. Who still has a phobia about Germans?
This oddly reminds me of a booth interaction at gencon over a decade ago. This German company was selling a card game dealing with WWII combat. I played a demo and thought ok I'll get some sets. Another guy comes up and asks some questions. I'm half paying attention. Finally they(company) start using terms like British and Germans and this guy keeps saying good guys and bad guys. Now I agree the Nazis are pretty universally bad guys but calling Germans bad guys too actual Germans visiting America just felt dickheaded. Call Nazi's bad guys all you want they earned it. Germans, well those are people born in a location. They aren't bad guys.

I went grocery shopping with my wife today and she decided we need to stock up the emergency kit with food now that the coronavirus has come to our city. I checked afterwards and discovered that she bought a bag of canned baked beans and a bag of canned chilli beans.

If coronavirus shuts the city down, this household is going to have two emergencies.

I went grocery shopping with my wife today and she decided we need to stock up the emergency kit with food now that the coronavirus has come to our city. I checked afterwards and discovered that she bought a bag of canned baked beans and a bag of canned chilli beans.

If coronavirus shuts the city down, this household is going to have two emergencies.
No open flames. Repeat that often.

Just a reminder people. Thermal cameras looking for people with abnormally high temperatures also detect farts. Careful what you do on camera.

Yesterday I became officially old. After needing glasses for distance since the age of about 7, and wearing them all the time since reaching driving-age I now find I need glasses for reading, too.

So, yesterday I got my first varifocal glasses. I look like an old grandma staring down her nose at what she is reading... And have a slight feeling of nausea as I get used to the different prescriptions in different parts of my field of vision...

Yesterday I became officially old. After needing glasses for distance since the age of about 7, and wearing them all the time since reaching driving-age I now find I need glasses for reading, too.

So, yesterday I got my first varifocal glasses. I look like an old grandma staring down her nose at what she is reading... And have a slight feeling of nausea as I get used to the different prescriptions in different parts of my field of vision...
I am near-sighted and I'm still in the phase where I have to take off my glasses to read. That said, I only wear my glasses to watch movies, television or the PC screen. During the rest of the day I live in a blurry world. I need new glasses though, as my right eye seems to have deteriorated.

I am near-sighted and I'm still in the phase where I have to take off my glasses to read. That said, I only wear my glasses to watch movies, television or the PC screen. During the rest of the day I live in a blurry world. I need new glasses though, as my right eye seems to have deteriorated.
I couldn’t live without the social cues of being able to read expressions, and my vision is really poor without my glasses (I can read the top line with one eye, and the top two lines with the other). I did do ’taking off my glasses to read’ for a few months, but it becomes a pain when you factor in using your mobile and also a smart watch.

Someone showed me the old video of blowing up a whale on the Oregon coast. Damn thing always makes me laugh.

I wasn't looking to buy anything when my friend and I checked out a new comics-games-toys place, but I found this vintage doll of Spock wearing his yellow-shirt uniform from the 2nd Star Trek pilot "Where No Man Has Gone Before" for $5 and could not pass it up.
IMG_20200301_183639.jpg
Spock_and_Kirk_(2265).jpg

Someone showed me the old video of blowing up a whale on the Oregon coast. Damn thing always makes me laugh.

i showed that to my cousin and her husband a couple weeks ago. it's still amazing.

i showed that to my cousin and her husband a couple weeks ago. it's still amazing.
The car damage is awesome. What I love is how not only did some official say "Let's blow that bad boy up!" But a whole parking lot full of people came to watch!

"Honey let's take the kids and go watch em vaporize a dead whale! Nothing says weekend like flying blood & meat!"

When I said make it rain in the club that's definitely not what I meant

The car damage is awesome. What I love is how not only did some official say "Let's blow that bad boy up!" But a whole parking lot full of people came to watch!

"Honey let's take the kids and go watch em vaporize a dead whale! Nothing says weekend like flying blood & meat!"

When I said make it rain in the club that's definitely not what I meant

the large chunks crushing the car... its hilarious. every last time.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back