Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
d1796f_71cd2e1de0d1480e87258b2f35b51864~mv2.jpg
"Now, witness the power of this fully operational Barbie Dream House."

So we splashed out the princely sum of £200 last weekend and got a smart TV. My wife can now watch Korean soaps on it instead of her phone.
I usually watch them on the desktop pc.

There's a con I've always gone to for the past 8 years. Technically, it's a sci-fi con, not a gaming con, but I go mainly for the gaming. It's coming up in 3 weeks, they haven't posted the program yet, and today is the last day to get a hotel room at the convention rate. It's a bit frustrating, because whether or not I go depends almost entirely on the gaming schedule.

It is a local-ish con, so commuting from home is not out of the question. I just wish there was more information available for me to make a decision.

Im in the parking lot just about to go in for my follow up. I can see pretty good so I think it went well. Hopefully I can take the patch and go commando after this.

(whew) was getting a bit worried when I didn't see you on last night.

For my part, no Glaucoma, not going blind.

So the doctor I saw looked at it and said the surface of my eye looks good but the pressure is a bit high, which happens after eye surgery but it’s on that number that they get a little concerned but not too concerned. He gave me some drops for it and I have to go back tomorrow to get it the pressure checked again. It’s good though.

I don't know if that is a custom or an older release, but there were some recent Star Wars Barbies based on Darth Vader, Leia, and Artoo.

I had considered getting an Artoo (all of them looked nice), but while I'll spend ridiculous amounts of money on my giant japanese dolls, I couldn't bring myself to pay $110 for a Barbie.

So the doctor I saw looked at it and said the surface of my eye looks good but the pressure is a bit high, which happens after eye surgery but it’s on that number that they get a little concerned but not too concerned. He gave me some drops for it and I have to go back tomorrow to get it the pressure checked again. It’s good though.
Are we still talking about eyes, or tyres? Now you can read, what does the sign over the entrance say? Maybe it's not too late to ask them to look at your wheel alignment.

My wife comes back next week, after 3 months away. Time to do some housework.

Maybe tomorrow ...
If you wait a week she might do it for you.

Ducks and hopes both the women on the Pub don't beat him to death.

i kid! I kid! Do it now! You'll have a week to realize what you did wrong and fix it.

My wife comes back next week, after 3 months away. Time to do some housework.

Maybe tomorrow ...
If you wait a week she might do it for you.

Actually, she would.

However, I would get it in the ear for a year afterwards, so it's really not worth the hassle.

The joys of having been married for over 20 years.

I’ve been sad all day with the tragic death of Kobe Bryant. I’ve been a Lakers fan since the 80s and watched him from the time he was 18 until he died. RIP.

The last few years has been rough for celebrity deaths. Generation X has reached the age where they can see the world they grew up with start rapidly disappearing.

The last few years has been rough for celebrity deaths. Generation X has reached the age where they can see the world they grew up with start rapidly disappearing.
Yeah, it sucks. Soon it’s going to suck a lot harder when the number of friends you know who you grew up with in that world starts to diminish every year.

Yeah, it sucks. Soon it’s going to suck a lot harder when the number of friends you know who you grew up with in that world starts to diminish every year.

Hopefully that's a while off for me still. Just hitting the big 4-oh next month, that's supposedly "middle age"

I'm watching my parents in their 80's go to many more funerals than weddings and graduations these days. That's when I think it gets real bad. Since highschool I've had the rare occasional classmate or friend die but mostly lucky in that area. I'm in a middling state. Most everyone is now married. All kids have been born at this point. Now we're just marching towards graduations and weddings. I'm starting late so I think I'll be the last of my group to do everything.

Computers in the other hand are dying on my left and right. Lost two yesterday which is a pain.

this is how it is now. parents dying, our cultural icons passing, etc. There are a lot of baby boomers - the oldest ones are in their mid-70s now.

Hopefully that's a while off for me still. Just hitting the big 4-oh next month, that's supposedly "middle age"
Ouch. Hopefully your lenses won’t start losing flexibility for a while, but mine started giving me problems right at 40. It will play hell with your miniature painting.

Ouch. Hopefully your lenses won’t start losing flexibility for a while, but mine started giving me problems right at 40. It will play hell with your miniature painting.

I made it to my mid 40s before this happened to me. I highly recommend reading glasses (cheap ones from the dollar store because I lose or break them so often).

So far it's my far sight that seems to be deteriorating. My nearsight has actually improved since my last checkup 3 years ago.

I've had a stomach ache pretty much constantly from Friday night up until now. Can't figure out the cause. :sad::irritated:

Two Wednesdays ago, my mother came down with a nasty stomach bug. We weren't sure if it was food poisoning or a virus, but she was okie after a few days. Two Sundays ago, I woke up feeling like I had to vomit. Sure enough, I did. Eleven times within an eight hour window. I also had a fever. I didn't get out of bed until Tuesday night, and even then only for a few hours at a time. I started feeling better Thursday.

Two Mondays ago, my father came down with an upper respiratory infection. Which I caught on Friday. So I went right from the winter stomach bug to an upper respiratory infection.

I can't wait until winter is over.

They finally posted the programming grid for that con I was talking about upthread. Looks like I won't be missing much by skipping it this year. They do have two tables reserved for RPGs throughout the weekend, but the only specifically scheduled RPG is one 4-hour Robotech game. Robotech's cool, but I'm not going to go to a con just for that. Last year, I got to play in scheduled games of Delta Green, Paranoia, and Fiasco. There were also other RPG sessions I was interested in, but didn't attend, because I had to eat at some point, haha. And this year there is one game.

Had a dream last night.

I was at the house I lived at in my childhood. I walked outside. Down the road, there were some people who were in the middle of the process of knocking over an electrical pole. They did so and it crashed to the ground. The fall made the transformer on the pole explode as well as all other poles attached via the wires to fall over. This included the pole near my house. It fell and the tranformer on it started sparking before it caught fire. It had fallen right next to my house, so it caught my home on fire.

I ran inside to save a relative (who has been dead now for nearly 30 years). I got them out, and was about to go back inside, but the fire had already consumed and destroyed my home. People surrounded me, laughed, and generally commented that it was too bad that I was now homeless. That's when we noticed the alien ship in the sky.

The alien ship was roughly spoon shaped. The scoop end of the spoon was some kind of round yellow light with a sort of insectile lens facing downward. The spoon was flat in the sky and was rotating horizontally, as if the light were scanning for something. I realized the aliens were looking for me.

Everyone was fine with this. "Sucks to be you," one person said. Most of the other people were just playing with their phones, taking pictures of the alien ship, taking pictures of me. One person happily showed me the meme he had created, which was a picture of me with the caption, "Soon to be Anally Probed." I wasn't amused.

As the alien scanned around, I realized the aliens were looking for me because for some reason I was getting superpowers. I figured they wanted to find and destroy me, so they could rule the Earth. I tried to tell everyone the aliens were going to make their move soon. No one cared. I kept growing in power, and started to wonder if I could fight the aliens.

Then the spoon light swept over me and the aliens knew where I was. A noise started, seemingly emanating from the alien spoon ship. That was when all Earthly technology went dead. Cars stopped. A plane started falling from the sky. Worse than all that, everyone's phone stopped working! Everyone cried out in terror. At first, everyone started asking me to help them fix their phone. Then they realized the light on the alien spoon was pulsing ominously (like the heat ray on the George Pal War of the Worlds Martian war machines). They asked me to use my superpowers to protect them.

I started to. I flared up with power and lit up the entire area. The alien ship hesitated. Then I realized what was going on. The alien ship hadn't wanted to destroy me. They only wanted to know what I was going to do. They were only interested in all the other people. I could destroy the aliens, but I could just as easily walk away.

I chose to leave. I used my newfound power of flight, and took off into the air. The alien ship pulsed more ominously and the sound changed to be even more frightening. As I left, a person cried out, "What about us?"

"Sucks to be you" was my only reply before the aliens destroyed everything.

My mom texted me last night and told me my cousin just found out she had cancer yesterday. She hadn’t been feeling well for a a couple months and went in to get checked. It’s in her lymph nodes and lungs. It doesn’t sound good. She is six years older than me, I think she is 53 now. She has been smoking since she was in her mid teens so I’m 99.99% sure that’s the cause.

Been working from home this week because my son had a mild case of the flu and had to stay home from school all week thus far. Damned if I don't have it now. Probably won't be online for a couple of days. I'm wondering if I should cancel Saturday's "Star Wars '78" session. :thumbsdown:

we had to cancel this week because the host and a couple of the players came down with the flu.

Been working from home this week because my son had a mild case of the flu and had to stay home from school all week thus far. Damned if I don't have it now. Probably won't be online for a couple of days. I'm wondering if I should cancel Saturday's "Star Wars '78" session. :thumbsdown:
Get better soon.

Good things today:

A dumb work thing that has been hanging over my head and causing me stress for several months is finally resolved as of yesterday. Yay!

The stomachache that has been bothering me for nearly a week is finally mostly gone. Yay!

I get to run my home Savage Worlds game tonight. Double yay!!

Good things today:

A dumb work thing that has been hanging over my head and causing me stress for several months is finally resolved as of yesterday. Yay!

The stomachache that has been bothering me for nearly a week is finally mostly gone. Yay!

I get to run my home Savage Worlds game tonight. Double yay!!
Wonder if #1 and #2 were related?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back