Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
i has not seen the anniversary. It makes it even better. That is fucking fantastic.
It's a gift that just keeps on giving! I found it looking for the original link. I love that the car smashed is owned by the one guy with explosives and sand experience who said "Uh this is a horrible idea.". He just didn't know how right he was.

I wasn't looking to buy anything when my friend and I checked out a new comics-games-toys place, but I found this vintage doll of Spock wearing his yellow-shirt uniform from the 2nd Star Trek pilot "Where No Man Has Gone Before" for $5 and could not pass it up.

It boggles my mind to see Playmates Trek figures from the 90s referred to as "vintage", but I suppose it's now true.

Good find. Like most of the Playmates Trek line, I had no idea this one existed. At first I thought you had stumbled upon someone's custom Mego figure.

It's a gift that just keeps on giving! I found it looking for the original link. I love that the car smashed is owned by the one guy with explosives and sand experience who said "Uh this is a horrible idea.". He just didn't know how right he was.
The irony was not lost on him either. Lol

It boggles my mind to see Playmates Trek figures from the 90s referred to as "vintage", but I suppose it's now true.

Good find. Like most of the Playmates Trek line, I had no idea this one existed. At first I thought you had stumbled upon someone's custom Mego figure.
Yep... Nirvana is now considered by many to be "oldies" I wanna cry.

You seem to know more about the subject than I do...
I probably do! A company I worked for had a contract with the Museum of Sex. It resulted in us having a very large and detailed corpus on sexual topics. Needless to say there was a LOT of inappropriate banter. And pictures. Oh so many pictures. And things you probably never knew about and just as likely never wished you knew about. Real Dolls had just come out I think so it got a lot of discussion. Our office was surprisingly coed for a tech company. The fact no lawsuits ever came from working there is amazing.

Heh. A friend of mine, who was a programmer as a day job, once had the national import license for neoprene. He used it to make paintball tag gear and sell it on a website. A company that manufactured small motors (like the ones for controller rumble packs, although this predated those) got in touch with him for a business proposition: internet-enabled remote control sex toys. Using his material and their motors, along with an interface he would develop.

They also wanted him to handle product testing, which is why he decided someone else could pioneer that particular field.

Someone commented on a PC Gamer article that online forums are 20th Century relics. I replied that I vastly prefer forums to both social media and Discord.

Someone else replied, "OK, Boomer."

I think that means that I win the Internet?

Ear infections from my chronic in-ear dermatitis are giving me tinnitus today. At least it's not too sore and it's not affecting my balance.
My sister and I have both had tinnitus since our teens. Neither of us was really a concert-goer, so I guess it's genetic.

At least I have an excuse to occasionally clutch my head and yell "Goddammit, my brain is loud today!"

My day started when I shot up out of bed after hearing my wife say "Jason. Jason, come here. I need help." I ran into the sun room which is next to our bedroom. My wife was hunched over and hobbling. "I think I broke my ankle". She had taken the dog outside to do his morning routine and had taken a bad step off the patio and rolled her ankle and heard a snap. So I drove her to the urgent care place and they took an x-ray and sure enough. The ligament took part of a bone off. So she's in a boot for six weeks! She'll be fine though, don't you worry. On the way to the urgent care place, she took a call for work and casually said "I'm on the way to get x-rays for my ankle. I think I broke it" and carried on with the call. You just never know how a day is going to start.

My day started when I shot up out of bed after hearing my wife say "Jason. Jason, come here. I need help." I ran into the sun room which is next to our bedroom. My wife was hunched over and hobbling. "I think I broke my ankle". She had taken the dog outside to do his morning routine and had taken a bad step off the patio and rolled her ankle and heard a snap. So I drove her to the urgent care place and they took an x-ray and sure enough. The ligament took part of a bone off. So she's in a boot for six weeks! She'll be fine though, don't you worry. On the way to the urgent care place, she took a call for work and casually said "I'm on the way to get x-rays for my ankle. I think I broke it" and carried on with the call. You just never know how a day is going to start.
My wife is like that and her work calls at all hours on all days. It wouldn’t matter if she had Ebola, she would still carry on normally.

Came back from PAX East, immediately came down with a severe case of the flu (and got tested for Coronavirus, that's fun, didn't have it, so that's good), spent two days in a daze half asleep and occasionally rolling over and watching an episode or two of Black Clover then immediately passing back out.

Finally feel alive today, but wish I didn't. Boy I feel bad.

Came back from PAX East, immediately came down with a severe case of the flu (and got tested for Coronavirus, that's fun, didn't have it, so that's good), spent two days in a daze half asleep and occasionally rolling over and watching an episode or two of Black Clover then immediately passing back out.

Finally feel alive today, but wish I didn't. Boy I feel bad.
Feel better and use your new found super powers to clear aisles wherever you go. Just cough and look plague like and you will be living in a world without lines!

We adopted two young cats from a rescue place on Saturday (2/29)...I was hoping to post photos but my phone has a weird glitch that won't allow me to upload photos to the site or attach them to e-mail--I was trying to e-mail them to my work e-mail so I could upload them from there. We were only intending to adopt one cat but there were two left and they are sisters and close companions, and the second one had no one interested in adopting her. I would have felt bad separating them and leaving the other one to her chances. So now we have two sweet kitties!

We adopted two young cats from a rescue place on Saturday (2/29)...I was hoping to post photos but my phone has a weird glitch that won't allow me to upload photos to the site or attach them to e-mail--I was trying to e-mail them to my work e-mail so I could upload them from there. We were only intending to adopt one cat but there were two left and they are sisters and close companions, and the second one had no one interested in adopting her. I would have felt bad separating them and leaving the other one to her chances. So now we have two sweet kitties!
Two are better than one because they can entertain each other while the can opener monkeys are at work.

Tomorrow it's my mothers 75 year birthday. We are going to be 8 people, all in all, and I have volunteered to do the cooking.
I love cooking, find it very relaxing to do.
Going to roast a lamb chop in the oven, with some potatoes, parsnips, sweet potatoes and other root vegetables. There's also gonna be some parsley root sauce. To dessert, it's just some different types of icecream with some fresh berries.
Been a long time since, I saw some of those who is coming.

Emerald City Comicon, in Seattle, WA, USA, has been postponed to as-yet-undetermined dates this Summer. They're automatically refunding tickets for the original dates.

Personally I would rather just keep my original ticket and use if for the Summer show (especially since I wasn't actually going to make it to the Spring show), but that doesn't appear to be an option.

Pretty much day two of isolation for the family. Wife's pretty paranoid about coronovirus here in Seattle. Gotta say it's been awesome. The kids are all playing well. Got a little done around the house. #3 is down with a minor bug so my office is being used as a quarintine zone. Put my plans for 3d printing on hold since I don't want any tiny particles in their lungs

Ouch, I hope she heals quickly as above.

TIL that membership lists of RPG forums are a good source to crib for names.

Endless Flight Endless Flight glad your wife is doing better.

I got lost in a game called ARk this week.
My WoW guild all jumped ship to it and I finally joined them.
One of the guildies who lived in my city passed of cancer a few weeks back so my wife and I are acting as liaisons and supporting his wife.
We are a pretty tight guild the lot of us.
His widow is a foul mouthed yet sweet 74 year old lady who is not that good at raiding but always has a spot in a raid.
He (the deceased) was also very clever and would have probably got along well on this site as an old school gamer. I miss him.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back