Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Some ridiculous nonsense at work with executives with no background in my area of expertise telling me to do things I can prove are bad ideas with research from other experts. And one guy who is otherwise a good person who is clearly pulling a pathetic powerplay against one of my co-workers.

It is all so petty and really is there anything worse than mismanagement from above that blows deadlines? But it is always good to keep that sense of perspective, not like anyone’s life is at risk here. Early in my career I had to deal with a sexual predator in my workplace and as stressful as that was I think it has given me some perspective on all these petty workplace conflicts ever since.

Been fighting the crowds in grocery stores for a pack of toilet rolls, hand cleanser, and a bag of rice.

Survival Roll, DC 15

That's always a fun way to start the weekend...welcome to 2020! :grin:
You are in NZ or Australia?

You are in NZ or Australia?

Brisbane (Queensland, Australia).

A relatively sleepy Sunday morning in the suburbs. It's late summer, it's a nice warm day, it may get a bit muggy later on, with a good chance of light rain

(just to set the scene for you, heh heh)

Although the grocery stores are unusually busy for for this time of the weekend.

The supplies are getting restocked reasonably quickly, but some people still seem to be panic-buying.

It was worse earlier this week, I thought things would have chilled a bit by now, but nope...

I should of just slept in
(WISDOM Check 15 - failed!) :grin:

Last edited:
We had our initial run if panic followed by some folks saying it's all much Ado about nothing followed by more reports of deaths and lack of testing kits. Now we're seeing cascading closures of things. Schools were left open basically because people need day care despite saying all other events/gatherings of ten or more people should be avoided.
Personally not sure who's right or wrong regarding how to handle it. I can self isolate and socially distance without too much imposition so I'm electing to. Hopefully it makes health care peoples life easier. At worst I'm just spending too much time with my family and kids. That's got to be bad somehow right?

Personally not sure who's right or wrong regarding how to handle it.
In my country the information and directions from the RIVM* seem to be quite sensible and unambiguous. We're a small but in parts densely populated country but AFAIK so far only people who are actually sick or displaying symptoms are put into quarantine at home or a hospital.

* the RIVM I guess is our equivalent of the CDC

In my country the information and directions from the RIVM* seem to be quite sensible and unambiguous. We're a small but in parts densely populated country but AFAIK so far only people who are actually sick or displaying symptoms are put into quarantine at home or a hospital.

* the RIVM I guess is our equivalent of the CDC
I think if we had good testing that would be the reaction here. As it is we have a nursing home at the center of the outbreak and they still haven't tested all the people with symptoms there let alone all the people who have come in contact with known people infected.

Had a very, very stressful day in the OR yesterday. Patient is doing fine so far, but fuuuuuuuuck.

Wife also came down with a bad case of sore throat, just as our kid is recovering from a cold himself. So we had to cancel our plans for today as well. Ah well.

Ear infections from my chronic in-ear dermatitis are giving me tinnitus today. At least it's not too sore and it's not affecting my balance.
My day started when I shot up out of bed after hearing my wife say "Jason. Jason, come here. I need help." I ran into the sun room which is next to our bedroom. My wife was hunched over and hobbling. "I think I broke my ankle". She had taken the dog outside to do his morning routine and had taken a bad step off the patio and rolled her ankle and heard a snap. So I drove her to the urgent care place and they took an x-ray and sure enough. The ligament took part of a bone off. So she's in a boot for six weeks! She'll be fine though, don't you worry. On the way to the urgent care place, she took a call for work and casually said "I'm on the way to get x-rays for my ankle. I think I broke it" and carried on with the call. You just never know how a day is going to start.

Sorry to hear about your health woes. Hope everyone recovers

TIL that membership lists of RPG forums are a good source to crib for names.

I demand to know whose names did you crib and for what nefarious purposes! :grin:

Last edited:
Had a very, very stressful day in the OR yesterday. Patient is doing fine so far, but fuuuuuuuuck.

Wife also came down with a bad case of sore throat, just as our kid is recovering from a cold himself. So we had to cancel our plans for today as well. Ah well.

Sorry to hear about your health woes. Hope everyone recovers

I demand to know whose names did you crib and for what negarious:grin:
Can't remember who it was, but it wasn't Butcher. It was for a map.

Been struggling pretty hard with my Depression for the past week or so. Thinking of taking a trip to Michigan next weekend. Hoping that visiting a different state of the Union will help put me in a better state of mind. Today is a workday, which is good, because it gives me something to focus on.

Been struggling pretty hard with my Depression for the past week or so. Thinking of taking a trip to Michigan next weekend. Hoping that visiting a different state of the Union will help put me in a better state of mind. Today is a workday, which is good, because it gives me something to focus on.
Strength, vibes, and prayers if you'll take them. I'm a bipolar type 2 depressive, and I've fought the long battle with it and keep fighting it. Not an easy battle. But hang on as you can. I know its tough. I get it. Keep going through, ask for help from professionals if you need it. I've had some great people to help (and one utterly shit one) but most are competent and able. Something to remember--we depressive are a HELL of a lot stronger than people give us credit for--or we wouldn't make it nearly as long as we do with our brain chemistry trying to murder us. We're survivors. We fight hard, and its completely legit and cheat in this fight by seeing a professional if needed (because depression cheats and lies, and strikes at us at our vulnerable spots. It's only fair.)

Strength, vibes, and prayers if you'll take them. I'm a bipolar type 2 depressive, and I've fought the long battle with it and keep fighting it. Not an easy battle. But hang on as you can. I know its tough. I get it. Keep going through, ask for help from professionals if you need it. I've had some great people to help (and one utterly shit one) but most are competent and able. Something to remember--we depressive are a HELL of a lot stronger than people give us credit for--or we wouldn't make it nearly as long as we do with our brain chemistry trying to murder us. We're survivors. We fight hard, and its completely legit and cheat in this fight by seeing a professional if needed (because depression cheats and lies, and strikes at us at our vulnerable spots. It's only fair.)

Thanks, man.

Feeling a bit better today. And I do get professional help, in both the pharmaceutical and talk-therapy varieties. They both help, in different ways. I am wondering if maybe my medication needs adjusted. I'll talk to the doc about that.

I finally found an affordable Ensign Chekov doll the same size as the other six! I had given up looking years ago. He's a little too tall and his shirt is a slightly different shade when side-by-side with Captain Kirk and Lieutenant Sulu, but I can live with it--I'm just glad to have found a Chekov in the right scale!
20200309_214445.jpg

Now the quest for Nurse Chapel begins....

I finally found an affordable Ensign Chekov doll the same size as the other six!

Well, if you were going for a new-Mego set, then he would have been easy to find.

I'm guessing those are Diamond Select/Art Asylum figures? I only have one of those: a TMP Admiral Kirk.

When I decided to start assembling my Enterprise crew, I decided to go for the nostalgia value of the new-Mego figures. I had a Mego Spock and Enterprise bridge playset when I was little. I realized that despite the inaccuracies, I had a fondness for the Mego look and feel. So I got me a new Enterprise bridge and some figures.

The problem is that neither McCoy or Scotty have been produced yet for the new Mego line. They've made Gorns, Romulans, Khan, ST2 Spock, ST2 Kirk, and Mirror variants of Kirk, Spock, Uhura, and Sulu, but no McCoy or Scotty yet. So, still waiting on them. I'm also hoping for some Klingons.

The McFarlane Star Trek figures show promise if any more would ever get made. I think a Spock is coming to join the Kirk and Picard, but no idea when.

I've never really liked Mego dolls all that much, although I do have a Captain Marvel:

Not a Ponch?

ponch.jpg

So, in the City of Chicago, vehicle owners are required to have a City Sticker on their car, which is a separate item &separate charge from your license plate sticker. I inadvertently let my City Sticker expire, so when I got to my car today, I had a $200 ticket :sad: .

The worst part is, I actually got a reminder in the mail, but I didn't read it carefully, and thought it was about my license plate sticker, which I know doesn't expire until June, so I ignored the reminder. Oops!!

Hoping I can take care of getting a new City Sticker on my lunch break, before I get another ticket for the same offense...

So... Let's see...
I was extremely tired for the first couple of month this year.

I have found out that I have high blood pressure. Been at a health care center and taken a bunch of tests, and will talk to an MD in about 3 weeks.

My brother and I have started to worry that our mother have an onset of dementia, but still have some hope it is just her anxiety against tech that leads to things like her forgetting how to log out of a computer... :sad:

The workplace is going downhill.

The attempts to get together for a gaming session of our Drakar och Demoner campaign has failed so far.

On a positive note. I'm not as tired anymore. The cat has made herself at home. To make sure I have something decent to eat in the freezer, I've finally got around to make a big batch of lentejas con chorizo.

...Hoping I can take care of getting a new City Sticker on my lunch break, before I get another ticket for the same offense...

All squared away! Meant I had to skip the actual "lunch" part of my lunch break, which kinda sucked, but worth it to avoid any more $200 tickets!

Got my first corona alert today - somebody (fortunately in the other building) has been exposed to somebody that tested positive. If the building is not satisfactorily contaminated in the morning they will text us and tell us to stay at home.

Did he inappropriately frisk or plant weed on them?
When Punch gropes women, it's consensual and by popular demand.

Got my first corona alert today - somebody (fortunately in the other building) has been exposed to somebody that tested positive. If the building is not satisfactorily contaminated in the morning they will text us and tell us to stay at home.
Maybe they do things differently where you live, but where I come from we try to avoid contaminated buildings. :tongue:

Due to a series of unfortunate events, fI've fallen into financial hard times. Had to cancel the Kickstarters I was backing, which was a bit heartbreaking when it came to the Batman: TAS game. Going to need to sell a bunch of my gaming/book collection to try and get back above surface. Spent the day taking photos.

Due to a series of unfortunate events, fI've fallen into financial hard times. Had to cancel the Kickstarters I was backing, which was a bit heartbreaking when it came to the Batman: TAS game. Going to need to sell a bunch of my gaming/book collection to try and get back above surface. Spent the day taking photos.

Sorry to hear that, hope you are able to get things back on track. I've had tight financial times but have been lucky enough to always manage them with extreme frugality rather than having to sell things.

We are currently in the process of sending all the college students home at every campus in my state of Maine. Switched to online mode across the board to help thwart the spread of the coronavirus. I met with students for an hour today and they were not as excited as thought they would be.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back