Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Just attempted to repair my treadmill at home. Apparently, I almost succeeded on my Jack-of-all-Trades roll, as everything went smoothly until I was to fit the new drive-belt. It's about a centimeter shorter than the broken one -- despite being supposed to fit the make and model -- so I can't use it.

Time to see if I can hunt down another one :blah:

Just attempted to repair my treadmill at home. Apparently, I almost succeeded on my Jack-of-all-Trades roll, as everything went smoothly until I was to fit the new drive-belt. It's about a centimeter shorter than the broken one -- despite being supposed to fit the make and model -- so I can't use it.

Time to see if I can hunt down another one :blah:
Could you heat it to see if it will expand a cm?

Oh my God it's like you aren't even listening to the corporate masters! You are your job! I for instance am weasel greaser #45.
The depressing truth is that when you spend more than half your waking hours doing something, it tends to define you. When we meet new people we're tempted to ask "what do you do?" Work defines status in society; one's occupation often speaks volumes about social class, education, and income. Your job will become your label if your death makes the news ("Claims Adjuster Dies in Murder/Suicide").

Could you heat it to see if it will expand a cm?
Considering I would had hurt myself quite a bit if I had been running instead of walking at the moment the previous one failed (it frayed and made the main belt stop in an instant), I'm a bit hesitant to test anything that might affect its reliability.

The belt I bought was just £18 and postage from Great Britain. So if I can locate one that is slightly larger, its worth the money.

However, as I got the old one away from the engine, I can make sure everything else still works now. :smile:

That's a nice yard.
Thanks, my wife deserves all the credit, I just mow...
Neglect has turned my backyard into a wildlife refuge. Yesterday, my kid saw a fox chase a squirrel across the patio.
That sounds fantastic to me. :thumbsup:
We love sharing the space with the wild inhabitants.

Mostly birds:

4068097C-D550-43C4-BD19-5AEEA2976DCE.jpeg

3232DC9C-70ED-4417-B120-6D113337D4E8.jpeg

And the cheeky squirrels:

3A0B7806-CFBB-472B-AE94-F9E98C02D74C.jpeg
Who appears to be Australian...

Master bathroom is back in business...four people sharing the kids' bathroom was getting old fast. Now we just need to move all our stuff back where it belongs. Fortunately I had tomorrow off anyway as there was other stuff I wanted to do around the house.
I want more selfies of Dumarest Dumarest wearing hawaiian shirts.

Be bold. Admit you want to see him bare chested wrestling a bear.

estrada_4.jpg

We have been playing a lot of King of Tokyo so we got some nifty expansions to spice things up (and because my daughter loves cats and my son loves dogs).
King_of_Tokyo_New_York_Cybertooth_Monster_Pack_1024x1024.jpg
pic4206322.jpg

Last edited:
Ah!, So the Erik Estrada schtick was a ruse all along!

Dumarest Dumarest is really just a sockpuppet account for Tom Selleck.
Oh, well. I liked Magnum P.I. better than CHIPS anyway. Fun fact: The guy who played Higgins is actually from Texas.
As long as he doesnt try to get me to take out a reverse mortgage I'm ok with it.

Earlier this year I got out of a part of my job which I didn’t like - managing people. A lot of cajoling and encouraging and dealing with shitty problems like people going insane literally due to dietary things or people suing my employer and still being employed and people being jerks to junior staff.

turns out, the person who sued just finished a book and I am in it, and I get to know which name she changed mine to. Apparently all nice things. It’s nice to hear, but also I never ever want to do that part of the job again.

I have always maintained, often against the status quo, that Tom Selleck can be cast in any iconic role. I'm not saying he would have been better or worse than the signature actors, I'm just saying he could of done it :grin:

To kick things off:

- Thomas Magnum - of course
- Indiana Jones - (and he almost did)
- Wyatt Earp
- Napoleon Solo
- Snake Plissken
- Danny Oceans
- Most of Sean Connery's roles (except Bond)
- The Man With No Name
- Han Solo
- Tony Stark
- Buck Rogers
- Ethan Hunt
- Bruce Wayne
- Mcgywver
- Jack Ryan
- Allan Quartermaine
- Dick Tracey
- Sam Spade
- Jack Burton

The list goes on.If you can think of any, add them to the list.
Eventually the reality dawns, with knowing that most roles could have gone to Tom Selleck.
Once this is known, it cannot be unknown!
heh heh :thumbsup::grin:

Last edited:
Not sure about The Man With No Name. I was quite impressed with Ike, though. I'd never have thought of him as a character actor, but it took a while to click that it was Tom Selleck.

It's a pity he's reduced to pimping dodgy personal finance products.

It's a pity he's reduced to pimping dodgy personal finance products.
Yeah, not being over in the USA, I haven't seen that advertisement.
You would think he was making enough with Blue Bloods, surely enough not to be doing dodgy advertisements for financial institutions.
Very sad indeed :sad:

Yeah, not being over in the USA, I haven't seen that advertisement.
You would think he was making enough with Blue Bloods, surely enough not to be doing dodgy advertisements for financial institutions.
Very sad indeed :sad:
Maybe a failed tax dodge and he suddenly got hit with a big tax bill.

Mr Leelra?
Nah, something else, and an inside joke between us. Nice person, but the whole situation was a strain on our friendship for me. Frequently I got very tired of being involved.

Reactions: dbm
I have always maintained, often against the status quo, that Tom Selleck can be cast in any iconic role. I'm not saying he would have been better or worse than the signature actors, I'm just saying he could of done it :grin:

To kick things off:

- Thomas Magnum - of course
- Indiana Jones - (and he almost did)
- Wyatt Earp
- Napoleon Solo
- Snake Plissken
- Danny Oceans
- Most of Sean Connery's roles (except Bond)
- The Man With No Name
- Han Solo
- Tony Stark
- Buck Rogers
- Ethan Hunt
- Bruce Wayne
- Mcgywver
- Jack Ryan
- Allan Quartermaine
- Dick Tracey
- Sam Spade
- Jack Burton

The list goes on.If you can think of any, add them to the list.
Eventually the reality dawns, with knowing that most roles could have gone to Tom Selleck.
Once this is known, it cannot be unknown!
heh heh :thumbsup::grin:
Swo it is!

Earlier this year I got out of a part of my job which I didn’t like - managing people. A lot of cajoling and encouraging and dealing with shitty problems like people going insane literally due to dietary things or people suing my employer and still being employed and people being jerks to junior staff.

turns out, the person who sued just finished a book and I am in it, and I get to know which name she changed mine to. Apparently all nice things. It’s nice to hear, but also I never ever want to do that part of the job again.
I used to be a engineering manager. Politics and performance review periods are the two things I miss the least.

Earlier this year I got out of a part of my job which I didn’t like - managing people. A lot of cajoling and encouraging and dealing with shitty problems
Yea it is the fucking worst. I'm not wired to read people and emotionally leverage them to do what I want.

Oddly enough a big part of my job is managing independent contractors around the nation but I have a great deal of leverage (increase pay, decrease pay, find someone else to do the job, ensure they are never hired again, etc) and could do it in my sleep. I only have to wear two hats, hard-ass or friendly.

Last edited:

He would have made an interesting Kermit the Frog. Trying now to picture him singing the Rainbow Connection...

He would have made an interesting Kermit the Frog. Trying now to picture him singing the Rainbow Connection...
Now I'm visualizing him as Dr. Frank-N-Furter...

Having a bizarre workday, in which the supervisor on duty explicitly and repeatedly told us to not do any work. So, I'm nearly done writing up HEPCATS episodes 13, 14, and 15. Just need to check a few things from my notebook at home.

Did my lunch break run an extra 20 minutes so I could get my groceries? I can neither confirm nor deny.

Looking forward to watching the Dropkick Murphys "Streaming Outta Fenway" online concert tonight, followed by the latest installment of Social Distance Movie Club, where I and some buddies get on Google Hangouts and watch the same movie. Deathstalker IV is on deck for tonight! We usually do a double feature; not sure what the second movie will be.

I'm also a day behind on my exercise program, so I'll try to get a workout knocked out between the end of work and the start of online fun-times.

More King of Tokyo. My wife got the King Kong expansion with Tokyo Tower and the Empire State Building.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

How are the expansions?
They add a lot of new elements that can make things more interesting and allow for more strategies and new paths to victory. Fun. Everyone likes special new dice and pieces to play with.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back