Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I got my deed poll wrote up and signed and witnessed! So now I can properly start using my new name!

This is like, literally the easiest part of the process - there are quite a few people who are about to get a BIG surprise later tonight when I change my facebook profile - and I'm still not ready to fully switch over at work yet, but it's a big one because it's the date the NHS will look at and say "yep she's actually serious about this".

I got my deed poll wrote up and signed and witnessed! So now I can properly start using my new name!

This is like, literally the easiest part of the process - there are quite a few people who are about to get a BIG surprise later tonight when I change my facebook profile - and I'm still not ready to fully switch over at work yet, but it's a big one because it's the date the NHS will look at and say "yep she's actually serious about this".
Congratulations Ladybird!

Congratulations! Happy transition.

Best of luck and I hope everything goes well.

Congratulations!

Awesome!

I got the new drive-belt for my treadmill today. So the weekend plans is to try installing it. I hope I don't roll another botch on my JoaT roll.

The forum migration finally done. The treadmill hopefully done this weekend. The upgrade of the other forum is a fairly minor job in comparison.

Looks like it's time for a new project :smile: That will probably be to narrow down what game I should pick, and start looking for a group to run something over the net.

That is awesome, although those lauding this man as husband of the year are probably over looking the fact that he has wanted an old west town in the yard forever and finally found a way to get brownie points for building it instead of frownie points. :hehe:

A couple of years ago I went to Denmark (alone) for 3 weeks to visit a friend. He thought my wife was super cool for letting me go. I had to point out to him that yes, she was very considerate, but the truth of the matter is it was less letting me go and more about her not going to to the 50 bazillion tank, airplane, cannon, battleship and other "man" museums that she knew the trip was going to be filled with. My wife is pretty smart, but I'm on to her. :heart:

That is awesome, although those lauding this man as husband of the year are probably over looking the fact that he has wanted an old west town in the yard forever and finally found a way to get brownie points for building it instead of frownie points. :hehe:
LOL I was patting myself on the back for helping Mrs Savage with her art journal but I can't compete with this madman!

giphy.gif
img.gif

My son is in love with Risk Europe so we're on our third game of the day. I'm green, wife is blue, son is orange/red, daughter is purple:
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

I found my old HTC Dream/G1 phone. Took a little trip down memory lane. Browser is so lame I can't open this site or even the octoprint webserver for my 3d printer

While everyone else was distracted from the game's objective of controlling seven cities and instead seeking revenge for prior incursions, the mighty army of Kiev snuck into a seventh city that was nearly undefended and declared victory. Stockholm was a close second place.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Last edited:
The one and only pet I've had during my life - bought when I was 4, has just died. Herman the tortoise was at least 45 and I've had to hand feed him for the last 2 years as his eyesight had been very poor. Sadly, he just didn't recover from hibernation this year and quietly expired bathing in the sun today. :sad:

The one and only pet I've had during my life - bought when I was 4, has just died. Herman the tortoise was at least 45 and I've had to hand feed him for the last 2 years as his eyesight had been very poor. Sadly, he just didn't recover from hibernation this year and quietly expired bathing in the sun today. :sad:
I’m sorry for your loss.

Reactions: OHT

I am sorry for your loss. He probably had a good life at your side.

Condolences. Losing a pet which accompanied you for such a long part of your life must be hard. But you will have the memories to keep you company.

Came down with inespecific symptoms yesterday; could be food poisoning, but in these days, could also be the goddamn coronavirus. So I'm confined to my bedroom because of that suspicion, and probably will be for the rest of the week (my attending physician recommended that I take the COVID test only on Thursday, and results won't be out until Saturday).

Meanwhile I only ever see my wife and kid briefly, and at a distance, and with a mask on.

An immensely frustrating state of affairs.

Came down with inespecific symptoms yesterday; could be food poisoning, but in these days, could also be the goddamn coronavirus. So I'm confined to my bedroom because of that suspicion, and probably will be for the rest of the week (my attending physician recommended that I take the COVID test only on Thursday, and results won't be out until Saturday).

Meanwhile I only ever see my wife and kid briefly, and at a distance, and with a mask on.

Hope you get well quick Butcher. I don't know about Covid, but food poisoning is no fun!

Hope you get well quick Butcher. I don't know about Covid, but food poisoning is no fun!
I think I'd prefer food poisoning. I've had it a fair number of times as someone who frequently went out to eat. It sucks for a day but after that life's usually good in my experience.

T The Butcher hope you feel better soon and the test is negative.

I think I'd prefer food poisoning. I've had it a fair number of times as someone who frequently went out to eat. It sucks for a day but after that life's usually good in my experience.

T The Butcher hope you feel better soon and the test is negative.
See I am the opposite. It might be because I don't understand Covid's risk but the only time I ever had food posioning resulted in me being admitted to the hospital and having my stomach pumped. I was only 18 but I remember it to this day. I was SOOOO sick..

Last edited:

Hope it's a negative old chap.

See I am the opposite. It might be because I don't understand Covid's risk but the only time I ever had food posioning resulted in me being admitted to the hospital and having my stomach pumped. I was only 18 but I remember it to this day. I was SOOOO sick..
My father almost died of food poisoning alone in a hospital on a business trip to a dark corner of the world, so it is definitely a YMMV condition. It was back in the pre-cell phone, pre-Internet days, so he just dropped out of communication for a week.

Sorry you aren't doing well, T The Butcher. Having to keep distance from your family really sucks.

Condolences :sad:

Oh no :sad: Wishing you a good recovery, and hoping it's not the virus.

So starting a Rifts campaign soon?

Survived a kitchen remodel. Nothing too expensive or fancy, but it's much more functional now. It was NOT fun living without a kitchen for a while there. #firstworldproblems ...
I was looking at having to address that potentially this summer as my wife's been talking about it a lot. Fortunately fear of Covid has superceded that and I have at least another year to avoid dealing with it.

Covid didn’t stop my wife from ordering a pool heater. Quite the contrary...she’s fixated on making our home as “resort-like” as she can achieve. I’m not at all into swimming pools but that thing makes a world of difference. It’s now the worlds most expensive hot tub. Hooray?

I was looking at having to address that potentially this summer as my wife's been talking about it a lot. Fortunately fear of Covid has superceded that and I have at least another year to avoid dealing with it.
We decided on it - and paid for it - before all the COVID stuff hit, so we were damn well going through with it ...

(And for the record: I talked my wife into it; not the other way around. :grin: )

We decided on it - and paid for it - before all the COVID stuff hit, so we were damn well going through with it ...

(And for the record: I talked my wife into it; not the other way around. :grin: )
I'm not terribly opposed to it other than cost and the million minor decisions that it will require.

Put a door buddy up high on the kitchen door to child proof it. We've also put away more or less everything the spawn can move and stand on to open it, but ...

Day 3: #1 spawn moves the console table to the kitchen door and uses it to climb on to remove the door buddy. Brings a bag of corn crackers up to daddy wanting me to open it and give him some. #1 spawn is 3.5 years old. Part of me says 'clever boy'. Part of me wants to scrag #1 spawn.

We have fussy land lords who are really down on modifying the house - they even moan about it being untidy. #2 spawn can pull down the stair gates, and we can't install ones that need physically attaching into the wall. Apparently this phenomenon is quite common in the UK due to the seller's market and inflated property prices - parenting forums like mumsnet have many threads with terrified parents handwringing about this sort of thing.

In unrelated news, Mrs Nobby-W Nobby-W has been very ill for the past two or three weeks and just had surgery today. She's OK after the operation and enjoying a few days of not having to mind the spawn. Due to the COVID-19 isolation policies we can't go to visit her. I had to literally drop her off at A&E and she just stood in a queue outside the A&E department until the orderly came to collect her.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back