Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Due to my daughter getting into Teen Titans Go! and turning her brother on to it as well, we have been working on building our own Titans Tower using whatever loose Lego pieces we can scrounge up.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
We're about 75% done. We're taking a break and will probably attempt the top of the T tomorrow morning.
Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg

My two year old daughter has taken to calling the coat hangers "hookers". Me being in a juvenile state if mine I asked if it was alive and where it lives. Now I get to hear about the dead hookers in the closet.....

This is all quite amusing until she says it to our friends who either work for the FBI or are Federal Prosecutors. Then I have some explaining to do to CPS.

I grew a 4th member of the family tonight. My 18 year old Niece (wife's brother's kid) moved in with us. It's somewhat awkward because she's quiet and i need more information. It'll take time, she will fit in well, and she's a good kid, but it's a little odd.

Sounds complicated... Good luck!
The circumstances that bring her to our door are not good, but we’ve been involved as we can be at 1500 miles apart and without any legal authorities. Now she is up here and independent we can leverage a lot more influence and power to see that she ends up on he right path. I like her, she’s just a bit of a mystery and very guarded.

I grew a 4th member of the family tonight. My 18 year old Niece (wife's brother's kid) moved in with us. It's somewhat awkward because she's quiet and i need more information. It'll take time, she will fit in well, and she's a good kid, but it's a little odd.

Hopefully she'll open up in due time. Being guarded is to be expected of the circumstances that brought her to your doorstep are not good. Hope /it all turns out okay for all of you.

COVID's easing up here. My ward's been empty for two weeks and ICUs are beginning to clear up. Reopening is under way but I am still wary and staying home -- but we have been seeing our parents in the last two weekends (my in-laws are here right now). If no signs of a "second wave" present themselves by the end of the month, I might give the newly opened shops and restaurants -- the ones that survived the shutdown, anyway -- my business.

What's killing me now is seeing dozens of cancer patients in the public health system, whose care (already tenuous in pre-pandemic conditions) was all but abandoned. Many of them are retunring to us in really bad shape.

Last edited:
And the streak is broken! I have more Hawaiian shirts but my kids wanted me to wear the shirt they gave me for Father's Day. Amazingly their request was a higher priority to me than continuing a running gag online...
20200704_112014~3.jpg

I am having a terrible year. What follows is a long vent about it.
Earlier this year I had some alarming medical symptoms and tried to schedule an appointment with my GP. The secretary at his office tried to get me scheduled in to see a nurse practitioner a little earlier. I drove through rush hour traffic in the rain to get to the appointment on time. Wait 5 minutes while the same secretary chitchatted with someone else about the weather, before finally realizing that I was waiting to be checked-in. She then proceeded to try and check me in, panic, call someone and tell the person on the phone "I've accidentally marked him deceased!" Instead of scheduling me for the current appointment she marked me as deceased int he hospital records. This blunder got rectified by a more competent employee, but it cancelled all of my appointments and caused a huge headache that took a month to fix.
I eventually got in to see my doctor, and he told me that I need a colonoscopy to get this problem checked out. When I got home that evening my father calls and tells me that the family dog has not eaten in a week.
The 2 weeks later we take her in to be put down. The next week I was barely able to function as we were learning all the ins and outs of fried food in culinary school, and I couldn't eat any of it due to the special diet required for the colonoscopy.
The day of the procedure comes and everything turns out fine, nothing to be worried about.
Then everything gets shut down for the Virus and schools finals were cancelled. Good news right? No need to stress about finals? Well this also means that a couple of classmates that were failing because they didn't put in any effort and kept dragging their fellow classmates down with them, also got a free pass.
The next month is spent stuck inside helplessly watching a pandemic run rampant, while also wondering how is my culinary program going to continue with a pandemic. You can't really learn how to properly cook online.
Eventually we get a message from the college telling us that spring quarter is still on and for the first couple weeks, we will be online until the state opens up again. A month later we get to go back to the kitchen although we are assured that we will get to learn what we normally would this quarter, the school even allowed the program to extend class by a month to make up for the lost time.
We had a bunch of rule that we had to follow in order to be allowed back into the kitchen, a lot of them were impossible to follow inherently, but we managed to scrap through the quarter learning all but one thing (Banquet service stuff that we couldn't do in the current virus riddled climate).
That was about 3 weeks ago, since then I have been to the ER twice, the most recent of which was last Wednsday for the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life, I thought it might have been kidney stones, but the tests came back normal so now I'm worried it's something worse.
I was supposed to see my doctor today to get checked out, but for some forsaken reason my appointment was cancelled and now I have to wait even longer to figure out what the heck is going on.
The only benefit to this year is that my apartment company kicked out the drug addicts that lived in the apartment next to and kept me up all night last year.

I know how horrendous your year must be, mine is not dissimilar. I have had IBS for much of my life called different things over the years, but the same problem.
My colonoscopy, x-rays, etc, show nothing hey can diagnose, and the blood test shows its not Celiac's disease like my mom has. So I'm stuck with an illness that no one can really provide more information on, and no meds have helped beyond some basic over the counter ones marginally having impact. (In fact some make it worse.

My mom is due too a bad back and her knees giving out (after me fighting with her over getting surgery finally giving way--and until she can get her teeth removed to limit potential infection after the replacment, she's stuck and I'm her caretaker, something that stresses me out>

In addition, I'm putting my older dog Tetris down today, I'm crying off and on and not very functional. Forgive me if my post makes less sense than usual. I'm only managing not breaking down into tears atm, because I've spent the last two night crying and trying to spend time with her after realizing how bad it really is and what I have to do. I had to put Tesla down last year from cancer and a stroke, I only managed not to be completely worthless because I knew it was coming to cry myself out before the end, and we've been fighting for Tetris with medications, not knowing it would come to this I'm tired, my depression is getting worse, but not much I can do but cry and other things.

Strength to you Gigantosaurus.

Oh no, the thread stopped sending me updates and I missed several tropical shirts. I think the software gave up on me once I started to fall behind...
"Then you have failed my son, accept your heritage and join me in geology or your mother as a Craftworld Eldar"

Edgewise struggles to his feet looking at "Essentials of Geology" 12th Edition.

"No, I'm a Hawaiian shirt reviewer like my father before me"
Tosses textbook into the reactor core.

The saga of Edgewise continues...

"No, Dad, I don't want to be looking at dumb boring rocks all day! And no, Mom, I don't want to drift through space wallowing in secret guilt! I want to...review bright floral patterns! And comment on fabric! There's only one calling for me..."

Giganotosaurus Giganotosaurus I feel you. Moving heaven and earth to make time for an urgent doctor's appt only to have them cancel at the last minute is extremely frustrating. Especially when you are in discomfort.

Here's something that might cheer you up- get this, my doctor has the sheer chutzpah to charge fees if I cancel an appt with less than 48 hour notice but his office frequently cancels or delays appts at the last minute. Isn't that nuts? I can't wait until I change insurance plans and give them the middle finger.

Thank you all for the well wishes.
Brock Savage Brock Savage That's aweful! I'm terribly sorry to hear that! My doctor is one of the best and I can't imagine seeing any other. He is constantly late to most appointments because he spends as much time as needed to talk with his patients about their problems, concerns and options for treatment. Every time I'm in the waiting room half an hour after my scheduled appointment time I know it's because he's helping someone else and not because he's lazy or incompetent.
I saw him earlier today and thankfully my current issue is likely just an infection so I'm on antibiotics for the next couple of weeks.

Since she's all about the Teen Titans now and we've already built Titans Tower, I gave my daughter an early birthday present yesterday:
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
She and her brother have been Teen Titaning nearly nonstop since yestreen.

Since she's all about the Teen Titans now and we've already built Titans Tower, I gave my daughter an early birthday present yesterday:
She and her brother have been Teen Titaning nearly nonstop since yestreen.
are those chinese or Lego?

Last edited:
So been weird here. Blazing heat wave has sucked the life out of me. Work super stressful for no real reason. So I completely slept through someone getting shot down the road from me. Crazy days folks. Crazy days.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back