Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
So, I mostly keep my life off the internet but here's some advice for today. Don't try driving a standard in heavy traffic while two kittens escape their box and have a melt down. It's harrowing.
That story about kittens and traffic ended much better than I thought it was going to.

So I gave my one month notice at my job. I loved my job for a long time. It was an exciting job. It was a cool field to work in.

But it was killing me. Like overwork. Stress. Constant "ON" kind of deal. Never time off. I haven't had a weekend off, hell I haven't had a day off in like, months.

I'm just I should be nervous about the future but I'm legitimately HAPPY. Happy it is over.

I've only quit 2 jobs in my life without another one lined up, and one of those two was to go to school. I quit because they wouldn't work around my schedule. Flipping burgers or getting an education wasn't a hard choice.
The second time was a good paying job but an awful boss so I took my chances, and landed on my feet. It actually worked out perfectly, I gave my 2 weeks and started the new job the beginning the week after my last day.

I've changed jobs frequently, but all within the same field and with the government so only the places and people changed. Good luck I've always found changing jobs both liberating and nerve racking.

I got talked out of quitting for the moment. I'm pretty sure it was one of those situations of them suddenly understanding that my specific knowledge set is stupidly rare. They basically went through a long review of my workload and them immediately transferring a ton of shit off of me. They also agreed to move me to part time after August so I can go back to school.

It's definitely a wait and see situation. Like if it doesn't get noticeably better fast I still will walk away, but I think that saying I'm leaving was a shock cause I'd been there like 8 years and no one ever expected me to quit.

Well, just introduced the niece to Vikings the tv show. She’s played I don’t know how much Skyrim. She might be one of us. One of us! One of us!
Now all you need to do is run Mythras with LEGEND Vikings, or just go with Mythic Britain.
I'm sure you can do it. I can see another addition to the flock coming up!

Last edited:
Now all you need to do is run Mythras with LEGEND Vikings, or just go with Mythic Britain.

I'm sure you can do it. I can see another addition to the flock coming up!
that might come up. she has a bit of knowledge of roleplaying games, but no play experience.

There's something wrong with my heart. The ER has ruled out cardiac arrest and congestive heart failure, I'm probably still COVID negative after my negative test last week... but I am either on enforced bed rest, or I fuck around and can't get out of bed for a few hours. Heart is pounding, chest hurts, can't really sleep...

There's something wrong with my heart. The ER has ruled out cardiac arrest and congestive heart failure, I'm probably still COVID negative after my negative test last week... but I am either on enforced bed rest, or I fuck around and can't get out of bed for a few hours. Heart is pounding, chest hurts, can't really sleep...
Praying for health and healing for you.

My well wishes to Dammit Victor FaerieGodfather. Thst is a tough thing not knowing. May it calm down with no side effects.

in the niece saga, she has been set up with 4 successful women who might be able to give her career advice. Lunch in a park, at a responsible social distance. Different fields, different trajectories. I want her to know she’s capable of more than the first thing that pops up. She’s also been admonished to take multiple personality and career tests so we and she understand her a little better. poor girl is getting the full power of an operational parenting partnership.

There's a chance your pal E-Rocker might be slightly inebriated. Bourbon tastes too sweet for me since I gave up soda, but that didn't stop me from buying a bottle of Larceny tonight. Rye next time.

My buddy since junior high school, D-Dawg, has been running Jackbox games via Skype on Friday nights, which has been pretty great. He's a Federal Way boy who now lives in Kent, I'm a Kent boy who now lives in Chicago, he's got friends all over the country, and we all get together to play some stupid games. I think Trivia Murder Party 2 is my favorite Jackbox game. A career as a librarian tends to make one pretty good at trivia.

I have a bottle of bourbon sitting in my office that I bought like a month ago that I haven't even touched cause I've been too busy ;_;.

It's Friday night, brother! Are you busy now? (I have no idea what time zone you're in.) Maybe time to break the seal?

There's a chance your pal E-Rocker might be slightly inebriated. Bourbon tastes too sweet for me since I gave up soda, but that didn't stop me from buying a bottle of Larceny tonight. Rye next time.

My buddy since junior high school, D-Dawg, has been running Jackbox games via Skype on Friday nights, which has been pretty great. He's a Federal Way boy who now lives in Kent, I'm a Kent boy who now lives in Chicago, he's got friends all over the country, and we all get together to play some stupid games. I think Trivia Murder Party 2 is my favorite Jackbox game. A career as a librarian tends to make one pretty good at trivia.
I may have asked this before but where did he go to high school and when did he graduate?

He went to Federal Way HS, class of '96. I"m Kentridge, class of '96.

Put up some new vinyl shelves to make records more easily accessible in the master bedroom now that there is a 2nd turntable in there.
Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg
Started to update the PBPs, but then my kids wanted to continue their ongoing Basic D&D campaign, so I'll have to update the PBPs a little later as well as report on the new happenings in the adventures of Mystic and Iron Will.
Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg

Been slacking a bit on my strength training lately. Need to get back on that. I did do a 3-mile run yesterday, though.

And I guess I did my taxes wrong: got a refund check for those five dollars in taxes I paid, lol.

My wife is in a video chat with Larry Dixon at the moment. They're getting ready for Worldcon, which is going ahead via Discord this year.

Also I learned today that my neighbour died this morning. It's something we've expected for a while, he's been getting visibly weaker over the weeks and months. But what makes it super awkward for me is that I went over there to say "I backed into your car".

On the verge of backsliding into bad habits of poor nutrition and insufficient exercise. I need to get back on track, like, now.
Do you workout with anyone? My wife and my sister and I have a signal group for reporting in on workouts. Accountability really helps keep the routine going.

Do you workout with anyone? My wife and my sister and I have a signal group for reporting in on workouts. Accountability really helps keep the routine going.

In the Before Times, I was working with a personal trainer, but that hasn't been doable lately. Yeah, I'm sure I could find a friend or two to make a keep-ourselves-accountable group.

Also, I should get back to putting a star sticker on my calendar on days that I work out. A bit silly & kindergarten-ish? Sure. But I like being able to visually track it.

Silly or not, use what works. I'm big on having that record of progress.
Good luck, hope you're able to keep your motivation up.

Silly or not, use what works. I'm big on having that record of progress.
Good luck, hope you're able to keep your motivation up.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that just the fact that I mentioned it on here will help me hop to it.

On the verge of backsliding into bad habits of poor nutrition and insufficient exercise. I need to get back on track, like, now.
In the Before Times, I was working with a personal trainer, but that hasn't been doable lately. Yeah, I'm sure I could find a friend or two to make a keep-ourselves-accountable group.

Also, I should get back to putting a star sticker on my calendar on days that I work out. A bit silly & kindergarten-ish? Sure. But I like being able to visually track it.
Hey man I am rooting for you and just by telling us you are making yourself accountable which IMHO is a big step towards staying on track. You got this.

We use a simple fridge calendar and Myfitnesspal.com to plan meals and track caloric intake/exercise. Dunno if that helps but planning meals makes it easy. Planning meals is perhaps a misnomer because it's not like we plan our meals down to the calorie every week. We just mix and match various combos of food that are within our target values making it much easier to stay on track while allowing for variety.

Last edited:
So I gave my one month notice at my job. I loved my job for a long time. It was an exciting job. It was a cool field to work in.

But it was killing me. Like overwork. Stress. Constant "ON" kind of deal. Never time off. I haven't had a weekend off, hell I haven't had a day off in like, months.

I'm just I should be nervous about the future but I'm legitimately HAPPY. Happy it is over.

Yeah I'm moving on at my job too but found not having to return to the office was actually like a load off my back, which is telling. I feel sorry for those sticking it out actually. But my field involves a fair bit of turn over, average is 2-3 years in one place or position so it's par for the course.

Yeah I'm moving on at my job too but found not having to return to the office was actually like a load off my back, which is telling. I feel sorry for those sticking it out actually. But my field involves a fair bit of turn over, average is 2-3 years in one place or position so it's par for the course.
I heard 6 months is like 10 years for you guys. Stay safe out there.
DcjSi4lUQAAqTVu.jpg

My cats are disgusted because my lap disappeared completely during lockdown. I keep promising myself I'll go back to the gym when I get this next Big Thing sorted out.

They are finally reopening the fitness centers at my work next week, with a cap of 10 people at a time, and they require booking time in it. However, my office is pretty much vacant. We're allowed up to 10% staffing but no one has been required to come in, so an office building made for 3k people has less than 30 most days.
So the reservation slots on the fitness center calendar are wide open. Time to get buff.

It's rpg night, so not a lot of time for exercise, but I did shadowbox for five minutes or so, which is more than nothing.

The gym I belong to reopened earlier this week (with a bunch of new safety protocols, of course). Thinking I'll go check it out tomorrow.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back