Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
They're thirteen and they mostly shriek and giggle. I was cleaning out the car and they climbed in and demanded that I take them somewhere. So I took them to McDonalds for ice cream.
Oh just wait until they can drive and ask to borrow the car :smile:

Of course then you can have them go pick up take-out.

My two oldest have moved out in the last year, and youngest next year. Amazing how fast you can get nostalgic about when they were younger; not that I'm going to ask them to move back in or anything.

Some people are sure to bust out that sage advice about lifting with your legs and not your back here. My advice is to lift them with someone else's legs.
My wife actually said she was going to do it and I volunteered to help. I will take the bad back if she doesn’t have to lift heavy shit like that. I actually cringe when I see her doing that.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I wish I could say I had a good day but I pulled my back doing some landscaping and had to lay down for the afternoon. I did have a nice talk with my parents later.
I never pulled my back before I was forty but now at fifty six it’s not uncommon. Hope you feel better fast!

Yeah, I’ll be OK. It’s usually always the same spot I pull it.
I've been pulling the same muscles in my back for a decade. They and I are old friends at this point. I even occasionally get precognitive twinges when I'm looking doing something physical without proper stretching and whatnot, as middle aged men are wont to do.

Today marks me being two weeks past my second vaccine shot, and next Thursday marks the day that I fly to Seattle and finally see my family for the first time in far too long. So I am beyond happy about those things!

... but I'm also having a bout of depression, where I can't find the motivation to do simple stuff like cook or exercise, or really do much of anything, other than go to work and do the bare minimum there. Hoping the trip will snap me out of it, if I haven't managed to before that.

Today marks me being two weeks past my second vaccine shot, and next Thursday marks the day that I fly to Seattle and finally see my family for the first time in far too long. So I am beyond happy about those things!

... but I'm also having a bout of depression, where I can't find the motivation to do simple stuff like cook or exercise, or really do much of anything, other than go to work and do the bare minimum there. Hoping the trip will snap me out of it, if I haven't managed to before that.
Oh wish you could have come last week. The rest of this week it's supposed to be rainy. Hope you find some energy and most of all I hope you have a good family visit.

We just found out my sister-in-law who lives in Mexico was fired. My wife is thinking of inviting her over with us covering all the costs. We're not sure if it's a good idea, what with corona going on and all, but it would be the only opportunity for her to have some time off and travel here.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to be a bit selfish this weekend. Feels like I've spent the last few weeks putting in a lot of effort to make people and cats happy and now the karmic scales are completely out of whack. It would be unfair to them to let the situation continue, wouldn't it?

So I need a favour, could a couple of you venture a definition of the word 'equivocation' for me? I'm not asking because I don't know what it means, I'm just stress testing a theory about common usage.

So I need a favour, could a couple of you venture a definition of the word 'equivocation' for me? I'm not asking because I don't know what it means, I'm just stress testing a theory about common usage.
Without looking it up I'd guess it means you go back and forth about something like indecisive.

Without looking it up I'd guess it means you go back and forth about something like indecisive.
Do you mean with or without knowing that there might be more than one definition involved?

Without lookink it up (and now doubting myself) I would say it means not quite getting to the point. Or as they say where im from, dancing around hadbags.

Being ambiguous on purpose basically. In common usage, not in formal logic (although the meaning there is related).

Last edited:
I have legit had nightmares about stuff like this when I rented videos. "Did I return that tape?"

Do you mean with or without knowing that there might be more than one definition involved?

I have legit had nightmares about stuff like this when I rented videos. "Did I return that tape?"

At least the government is acting reasonable here and not pursuing charges, letting her get the record expunged.

20 years?! what’s the statute of limitations in the state for such offenses? I think the statue of limitations for tax fraud is shorter.

20 years?! what’s the statute of limitations in the state for such offenses? I think the statue of limitations for tax fraud is shorter.
I doubt the DA even cared what method he needed to close the case. What I found fascinating is she would lose jobs mysteriously and only now found out why.

Helped some friends move out of their 3rd-story apartment yesterday. The last few times I've moved, I've used professional movers, so I sort of forgot how much work it is. According to my phone, I climbed 57 flights of stairs yesterday. Today I don't think I'm going to do much, other than get a haircut, watch some movies, and read some comics. Maybe browse an rpg forum, as well. :smile:

I got my first full time paycheck the other day. It has never felt so good to be financially secure.
On a related note, I am thoroughly exhausted. Working 50+ Hour weeks really takes it out of yah, but it's worth it in the long run. I'm hoping to be able to put a down payment on a house in 2 years.

Just got an email from the head of our condo tenant board. Someone has been leaving trash on the stairwell by my unit, and another resident reported it (thinking it was me). So the company that manages the property is sending me a violation letter. What's funny is this all happens when I am at work, and everything is cleaned up before I get home. So until his email, I had no clue about any of this. The good thing is he knows it isn't me (because he knows me from when I served on the tenant board, and he knows my work schedule, so I'm not home at night), and we've been having issues with transient sleeping and leaving garbage (and worse) on the property. It's funny how this only happens when I'm working, as the nights I'm off, I never see any trash on the stairwell (and would clean it up if I did). I found this situation to be pretty amusing (especially since I know I won't be in any actual trouble)

we've been having issues with transient sleeping and leaving garbage (and worse) on the property.
I will never forget the time I was taking my trashout at my old apartment and turned the corner to the trash cans only to coem face to face with 2 transients in a van engaged in, shall we say "relations".

I will never forget the time I was taking my trashout at my old apartment and turned the corner to the trash cans only to coem face to face with 2 transients in a van engaged in, shall we say "relations".
I've never quite had that experience, but I did run into a couple deep in the throes of passion in the stacks of a library.

Using an ambiguous term in more than one sense, thus making an argument misleading.

So, packed up most of the kitchen for the move. I have a load in the dishwasher that will get packed tonight, plus about another box or so of canned food. Then we're down to final triage. So far, I'm at 3 carloads of stuff thrown out, plus a whole load of stuff given away

Huh. Yeah, that's a big drop. I thought about editing it, but its both true and interesting.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back