Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
My daughter accidentally broke the toilet tank off the bowl today. Had to buy a whole kit to replace one bolt. Oh well, hopefully the brass one will be stronger than the plastic one. The whole incident has me questioning the wisdom of upstairs bathrooms. Fortunately the kitchen ceiling is wooden boards and no plaster. Ah well, the house is a hundred and thirteen years old and will outlast us.

Chilling with a friend, playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker, working on my 5e game and watching family guy clips. Yes my brain needs constant stimulation.

Family Guy tax.

Look, if I slow down I have to actually think about my life...

(I've been playing Wrath of the Righteous btw, which so far I'm liking a lot more than Kingmaker)

One year ago today I laughed at a teenager for having a fringe so long it covered one eye and he had to keep flicking his head to keep it out of his face.

Now, three weeks into lockdown, my hair has gotten long enough to start poking me in the eyes. Clearly this is a punishment from the hair gods and I should cease that kind of behaviour. Well, I'm off to the bathroom with a pair of scissors.

Nothing like coming into work after a holiday the company recognizes and seeing your payroll indicates you’re not getting paid.

Also nothing like coming in to find your boss wrote you after you left on Friday to tell you what to say on an e-mail chain she’s on, rather than sending it herself since you’re out.

Yes, I al counting down the days until I’m gone, one way or another.

So a vendor for the company I work for asks for my cell phone number. They don't have any reason to have my personal number.

President of my company just sends my private cell phone number to the vendor. This was after I had already replied to this vendor providing them my work number.

I send a private email to the president saying that is my personal number and to please not share that outside the company.

I'm told I'm in trouble now.

So a vendor for the company I work for asks for my cell phone number. They don't have any reason to have my personal number.

President of my company just sends my private cell phone number to the vendor. This was after I had already replied to this vendor providing them my work number.

I send a private email to the president saying that is my personal number and to please not share that outside the company.

I love how often you run across that these days. Look dude, my private email and phone number aren't for work consumption. What's so hard to understand about that?

I don't even think that the company I work for has my actual phone number (though I work for a company out of Tokyo, so they aren't likely to call me anyway.)

Feeling pretty down. Wishing someone would bring me a casserole. I normally don't even like casserole, but it just sounds really comforting right now.
Well E-Rocker I just sayed a prayer for you that you would be uplifted, happy and have a terrific remainder to your week!

Last edited:

Again I feel our lives parallel. Today we had a meeting with a big wig who paused to flip out about the fact that people actually expressed grievances in our 2020 survey, and that better not happen this year.

Oh, no, people stood up for themselves! Clearly, they’re monsters!

I don't even think that the company I work for has my actual phone number (though I work for a company out of Tokyo, so they aren't likely to call me anyway.)
I use Google Voice for this reason. Whenever I have to give a number for work-related stuff I give one number, and for home-related stuff to people I don't know another.

WTF?
Your company president is clearly a bit of a jerk

This is why I only use burner cellphones, and periodically throw them out

My employer is having an optional-but-you-have-to-come retreat, scheduled for our one-day fall holiday.
The kicker: the subject of the retreat will be 'work/life balance and avoiding burnout.'
The jokes just write themselves.
Hey look, we want you to work, but we don’t want to pay you for it. We can only do that this one day a year!

I have an uncle who was on river boat patrol during the Vietnam war and as such got heavily exposed to Agent Orange. Over the past 5 years his health steadily declined as he slowly began to loose motor functionality. The last time I saw him, back in July, he was effectively trapped inside his own body, barely able to swallow or open his eyes. Last night I was informed that he has lost the ability to swallow, and now has about a week left.
There won't be a service due to covid and I likely wouldn't have been able to attend one due to pushing 50+ hour weeks at work right now.
This year has officially turned into 2020 2.0 for me and I just want it to end.

Weird. I had a hard case of this yesterday as well. A big fucking tired of all of it.
So somehow were all in the same cycle?
I have an uncle who was on river boat patrol during the Vietnam war and as such got heavily exposed to Agent Orange. Over the past 5 years his health steadily declined as he slowly began to loose motor functionality. The last time I saw him, back in July, he was effectively trapped inside his own body, barely able to swallow or open his eyes. Last night I was informed that he has lost the ability to swallow, and now has about a week left.
There won't be a service due to covid and I likely wouldn't have been able to attend one due to pushing 50+ hour weeks at work right now.
We should have seen 2020 as 20,20 as in it's going to be a double length year.

I am so sorry. Prayers for your Uncle, you and your family.

Feeling pretty down. Wishing someone would bring me a casserole. I normally don't even like casserole, but it just sounds really comforting right now.
I would if I was there. I just learned to cook my mother-in-law's casserole. Settle for a recipe?
  • 600g stewing beef
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/2 green capsicum, diced
  • 3 carrots, chopped
  • 400g can of kidney beans, rinsed
  • 300g tomato purée
  • 70ml red wine
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 tsp oregano or marjoram
  • 1 heaped tsp flour
(I usually double the spices, because that seems a little low to me given how much casserole this makes.)

Brown the meat and onion. Add all other ingredients (except the flour) to the pot and add enough water to bring the liquid halfway up the pile of dry ingredients. Simmer for 90 minutes, or slowcook for 8 hours. 5 minutes before the end of cooking, mix the flour into enough cold water to make it a liquid and stir through.

Serve with mashed potato and green beans.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back