Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
What you all need is a good Siamese cat. Luckily for you, I have one. Available now, and ready to be shipped, well, anywhere in the world. For a low low low low low low price of free!

So my friend and I are trying to do a weekly thing on Thursday nights. After seeing a movie last week (and our original post-movie plans fell through), I suggested we go to this Irish Pub I had been to once before. We had a really good time (and the bartender is a gamer/nerd as well), so we went back tonight. They had this really good chicken sandwich on the menu tonight. It's nice to just hang out for a few hours, have some decent food, a couple of drinks, and good conversation. We seem to end up talking with other patrons who find out conversations interesting enough to want to join in, which makes it more interesting.

urbwar urbwar , that sounds rad!

As for me, we're two weeks shy of the one-year anniversary of my big brother passing. Just trying to get by.

For the record, whenever I would refer to him as "big brother," he would clarify that I was the "younger, taller brother" and he was the "older, shorter, fat brother." Lol.

As for me, we're two weeks shy of the one-year anniversary of my big brother passing. Just trying to get by.

For the record, whenever I would refer to him as "big brother," he would clarify that I was the "younger, taller brother" and he was the "older, shorter, fat brother." Lol.
Here to talk if you need it. Loosing a sibling is tough.

Brock Savage Brock Savage Fenris-77 Fenris-77 Bunch Bunch I like most cats but character-wise I'm partial to black and white ones. IME those always have a bit of a screw loose.

NQa7qMJ.gif
76bb65534a8c354eceac40550d9e195b.gif
cat

Last edited:

Hang in there, man. All the best to you and yours. And feel free to hmu as well if you feel like talking to someone or even just just venting.

A toilet in an apartment above my store overflowed yesterday causing some water damage and a couple ceiling tiles to collapse. Fortunately all I lost was some unfinished projects and a couple inches off the end of the mdf board I'm making my art table out of. It could have been much worse. As it turns out someone left a broken drain snake in the system which slowly led to a blockage that eventually led to the overflow. Of course it all happened right as I was trying to get my wife out the door to drive two hours to our niece's wedding. I had to work today but I'm driving back tonight. So really, the in laws, the overflow and water damage weren't even the worst part of the day.

Ran a fun Savage Worlds session tonight, which has me feeling a bit better.

Tomorrow one of my players is planning to celebrate his birthday by spending all day at the pub, so I'll probably stop by for a bit (meaning the actual real-life pub, not this place, haha).

My Mum, who had been in hospital a couple of times this year, passed away last week, so I was at her house, clearing it out. It wasn't as difficult as I had imagined, as we kept to the basics of "Everything must go, so there's no point being sentimental about things". There were tears when I saw photos of my Grandparents, though.
I'm very sorry for your loss

Went out for my wife's birthday. went to do karaoke in a private room. Had a lot of fun. Drank at several bars. Found out a friend of a friend we were hanging out with was into gaming, he also lived literally less than a mile from my house and was sober so drove me home. Showed him my board game and TTRPG collection and he was amazed and took pictures to show his friends.

Then found out his son knew my daughter and my daughter's boyfriend (who is at my house to a degree that I just refer to him as my third kid). Small world and it is hilarious.

So today the programme manager suggested I shouldn't be overly critical of the programme to the auditors. In chat. You couldn't make this up.

So today the programme manager suggested I shouldn't be overly critical of the programme to the auditors. In chat. You couldn't make this up.
Did they CC the auditors as well? That would be a pro move.

My dad passed last week, so I've been prepping the funeral and doing all the paperwork with my wife and mum.

He had been diagnosed terminal last November - a combination of COPD vascular disease and arterial blockage - so not a surprise, but still a shock. We did everything to keep him out of a care home, and the local nurses have been amazing, so he went at home with mum holding his hand. He was 78, a good innings.

We went to see him today - the funeral is on Friday - and he was at peace. Finally free of pain, no wrinkles or frown lines. It's settled us all.

It has been a disapointing summer weatherwise but the last month or so have been warm and beautiful so I was looking forward to spending this week I have off from work at the beach.

The weekend and Monday were great and having moved back to the Coast I missed swimming in the ocean but the past two days the weather has taken a turn.

Hope things get warmer for the rest of the week so I can really enjoy my time off.

20220808_190254.jpg

My dad passed last week, so I've been prepping the funeral and doing all the paperwork with my wife and mum.

He had been diagnosed terminal last November - a combination of COPD vascular disease and arterial blockage - so not a surprise, but still a shock. We did everything to keep him out of a care home, and the local nurses have been amazing, so he went at home with mum holding his hand. He was 78, a good innings.

We went to see him today - the funeral is on Friday - and he was at peace. Finally free of pain, no wrinkles or frown lines. It's settled us all.
I’m so sorry Atelerix.

Very sorry for your loss. Well done for keeping on with the arrangements, I am sure your family appreciate it. I am glad his passing was peaceful, it is a comfort.

I hate Clifford the big red dog. Love the concept. Liked it as a kid. As an adult it is one of the most lazy cash grab series of books I've ever seen. Just serious cut and paste to faux create a new story.

There. I said it.

Someone had a bad day!
Cleaning out kids bookshelves. Im a hoarder by nature so getting rid of things isn't something I have a pull to do. I don't always have issues doing it so it's not out of control hoarder but I rarely say "Time to toss stuff!" Unless I run out of space for new stuff. It's very rare for me to look at something and say this shit needs to go! Clifford, after years of reading those crap stories respliced over and over with one or two new panels added has worn me down. I immediately pulled those books and said this can go!

So sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family

Heatwave... Daily max temperature has been over 30°C/86°F since Thursday and will be until Monday. Fortunately, it's a very dry heat so we're not constantly sweating, and it cools off some during the night. It will get significantly more humid next week with slightly lower temperatures and frequent rain so that will probably be rather unpleasant and sticky. Let's hope this is the final heatwave of this summer.

Well, it finally happened yesterday. I got pulled over by the police for going too slow. Never the less, I'm afraid that if the sign says 60 in the curve and there's a police car right behind me I'm slowing to sixty in the curve. Even if the officer told me that those signs are more like guidelines :grin:

Cleaning out kids bookshelves. Im a hoarder by nature so getting rid of things isn't something I have a pull to do. I don't always have issues doing it so it's not out of control hoarder but I rarely say "Time to toss stuff!" Unless I run out of space for new stuff. It's very rare for me to look at something and say this shit needs to go! Clifford, after years of reading those crap stories respliced over and over with one or two new panels added has worn me down. I immediately pulled those books and said this can go!
I feel the same way about Garfield. Every time I bought a Garfield book at the school fair, half of the strips were the same as the previous book.

(I still bought them, though. I feel like an addict grumbling that his fix got stepped on too hard.)

I feel the same way about Garfield. Every time I bought a Garfield book at the school fair, half of the strips were the same as the previous book.

(I still bought them, though. I feel like an addict grumbling that his fix got stepped on too hard.)
At least as I recall the Garfield artist said he was doing a cash grab. And they are much bigger books.

Yeah, Calvin and Hobbs every collection was worthwhile. Garfield was funny but after 2 or 3 Garfield books, it was kind of meh, why bother.

Wife and I went to the Rob Zombie concert in Las Vegas. Powerman 5000, Static X, Mudvayne and Rob Zombie. Neither of us are Mudvayne fans but all the bands put on a good show. The audience was lame though, it had the energy of a golf tournament.

Is this just how concerts are these days with half the crowd just sitting watching the show through their smart phone? I googled and it is not hard to find many comments lamenting the lethargy of modern rock concert audiences.

Wife and I went to the Rob Zombie concert in Las Vegas. Powerman 5000, Static X, Mudvayne and Rob Zombie. Neither of us are Mudvayne fans but all the bands put on a good show. The audience was lame though, it had the energy of a golf tournament.

Is this just how concerts are these days with half the crowd just sitting watching the show through their smart phone? I googled and it is not hard to find many comments lamenting the lethargy of modern rock concert audiences.
I've got terrible news for you, Rob Zombie is old people music now.

Last summer I took my daughter and her friends out to the lake and I put on Rob Zombie and the one friend said, "yeah, my Mom listens to this in the car on long drives too."

My wife and I went to a Platinum Blonde concert at the local fair a few years ago. The stage was in the beer gardern and people were just sitting back and relaxing. Finally the lead singer got off the stage to look at the keep off the grass sign to see what it said. Somehow that broke the tension with the audience and they went wild with middle aged women rushing the stage and security dragging them off and everything.

The station that plays AC DC and Led Zepplin is now equivalent to the station where my grandparents used to listen to Lawrence Welk.

I've got terrible news for you, Rob Zombie is old people music now.

Last summer I took my daughter and her friends out to the lake and I put on Rob Zombie and the one friend said, "yeah, my Mom listens to this in the car on long drives too."

My wife and I went to a Platinum Blonde concert at the local fair a few years ago. The stage was in the beer gardern and people were just sitting back and relaxing. Finally the lead singer got off the stage to look at the keep off the grass sign to see what it said. Somehow that broke the tension with the audience and they went wild with middle aged women rushing the stage and security dragging them off and everything.

The station that plays AC DC and Led Zepplin is now equivalent to the station where my grandparents used to listen to Lawrence Welk.

I am aware of the age, at several points the bands made reference to 1999 and 2000 I just didn't expect 30-50 year olds to act 80. It was like the audience was all parents chaperoning their kids but they forgot to bring the kids. Thankfully the bands themselves did not show their age.

I saw the Rolling Stones, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, and Pink Floyd in the early 90s, similar span of fan base (those bands being 20-30 years old) and the geezers in those audiences were far more energetic than this crowd. I'm sure a lot of those fans in the 90s paid for partying like it was 1975 the next day, but they had fun in the moment.

I guess 40 is the new 70. :shock:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back