Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
My brother-in-law caught COVID Delta strain in the pre-vaccination days.
Didn't survive, and he was only in his late 50s with no prexisitng respiratory issues other than he had been a smoker for much of his 20s and 30s.
Good social background, he was a solicitor/attorney aiming to fully retire within a decade.
Previously healthy guy, with wife and children very much lost now without him.
My wife thinks of him daily, the brother she will never speak with again.

So yeah, thank our lucky stars that most of us are vaccinated these days, you and your partner included

Take care mate
Sorry for your loss Mankcam Mankcam that really is young. It's worse when it's unexpected - so much left unsaid and unanswered.

One of the oldest pictures I have of myself is reading the Christian Science Monitor coverage of Queen Elizabeth's coronation. It happens well before I was born but it was tucked into the family copy of the 1901 Crams Atlas. I'm maybe two at the time of the picture.

I'm largely neutral on the Monarchy other than it's something that make the UK unique and I hope they don't destroy it. I didn't like Charles when Diana died but at this point I'm more likely to view him as a human in an institution not forgiving to an individual. His reign will likely be short due to age. I hope for the best for him, his family and the UK.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts regarding my brother-in-law Tulio.

It's 18 months ago now, I think I may have briefly posted something here at the time, but didn't want to add too much to the crazy socieo-political mess that was going on in the international community regarding the vaccination debate etc. It's weird now that a year or so later most people are getting sick, but its just a bad flu due to the success of the vaccinations.

My wife is actually mourning Tulio's passing more now, she's just realising that she can never speak with him like she used to.
In any case thanks for the thoughts, and I hope everyone is more or less getting thru the pandemic situation now.

Last edited:
Such a well-known personage, the very definition of Dignity
A world figure who will be truly mourned in Great Britain, the Commonwealth, and beyond
Queen Elizabeth, it has been a life well-lived

eliz02.jpg eliz 02.jpg

Such a well-known personage, the very definition of Dignity
A world figure who will be truly mourned in Great Britain, the Commonwealth, and beyond
Queen Elizabeth, it has been a life well-lived

View attachment 49529 View attachment 49530

Elizabeth II was an inspiration for her subjects and even a damn Yank like me found her to be a truly admirable woman.

Rule Britannia
God Save The Queen

On August 24, the birthday of my late mother, who died in 1998, I unexpectedly got a text message (Whatsapp) from an aunt (her stepsister) with some teary emoji... I inquired with my brother and apparently she likes to commemorate her late stepsister every year. But she never texted me about it before. I wonder if she expects me to respond in a certain way... Given that I'm extremely ambivalent with regard to how I feel about my mother, I decided not to reply at all. I certainly don't want to offend or hurt anyone but I also don't like to fake any kind of socially acceptable reaction. Fact is, I normally hardly give it any thought and I'm not even particularly aware when it's her birthday.

I am having very little luck today avoiding reminders that imperialist suppression of the Welsh is not going away any time soon. I see they've nearly finished the new stage at Caernarvon Castle so they can appoint another English prince to remind us of our place. It's especially disconcerting to see so many of those reminders stemming from Americans who really should know better than to romanticise monarchy.

I am having very little luck today avoiding reminders that imperialist suppression of the Welsh is not going away any time soon. I see they've nearly finished the new stage at Caernarvon Castle so they can appoint another English prince to remind us of our place. It's especially disconcerting to see so many of those reminders stemming from Americans who really should know better than to romanticise monarchy.
I don't entirely disagree, but it may be best not go here with that debate if possible.
I am sure we will be hearing about it soon enough almost everywhere else :grin:

Last edited:
All things in moderation. Including moderation itself.

What I'm saying is that it's okay for me to sometimes drink hot sauce directly from the bottle.
I suppose that depends on the hot sauce. I make a hot sauce that's based on Carolina Reaper, bolstered by a lot of sweet and citrus notes that I dare you to drink straight. Let's just pretend I didn't know you were speaking metaphorically.

I wasn't. It's jalapeno-based. I love the flavour.
Ah, the delicious burning, and the screaming of dying tastebuds:grin:!

...so sayeth the guy who uses hot sauce as ketchup without changing the amounts, and usually covers his whole pizza in ketchup:thumbsup:.

Flash flooding in Chicago this morning. Hasn't affected my residence, but there were a couple points in my morning run where I ended up in water that was almost knee-deep. In my defense, when I set out on my run, there was just a light drizzle happening.

Flash flooding in Chicago this morning. Hasn't affected my residence, but there were a couple points in my morning run where I ended up in water that was almost knee-deep. In my defense, when I set out on my run, there was just a light drizzle happening.

I have the Bears game on and the field is just soaked -- water splashing all over the place.

I need to finish an assignment draft for my Apprenticeship, so have put anything RPG-related on Hold. The draft is due tomorrow, with the full version nearly 2 weeks later.

Funny story, I just had a guy I met at the bar try really hard to convince me he was some kind of uber Hell Angels legacy member. He got a little bit upset when I suggested that I might double check his story (which I'm doing as we speak). Given where I live I suspect he thought no one would ever do due diligence. I guess we'll see!

It seems a bit narrow. I suppose the character types are hog, chopper, custom trike or are those levels. I have always wanted to run a kind of action movie/runnng gun battle campaign with lots of car chases and explosions.

You could have a chain of food trucks that sell bbq called Road Hogs. The food truck acts as a home base. In the dark future, good bbq is hard to find. made worse by violent rivalries between food trucks of different varietes. When competition is fierce, trucks operate from hidden locations. Food is delivered by a team of bikers who sometimes must engage in high speed skirmishes with competitors.

You could have a chain of food trucks that sell bbq called Road Hogs. The food truck acts as a home base. In the dark future, good bbq is hard to find. made worse by violent rivalries between food trucks of different varietes. When competition is fierce, trucks operate from hidden locations. Food is delivered by a team of bikers who sometimes must engage in high speed skirmishes with competitors.
The main villain would pretty much have to be The Humungous with the serial numbers filed off.

There's a rival gang that sells Road Pizza.

Funny story, I just had a guy I met at the bar try really hard to convince me he was some kind of uber Hell Angels legacy member. He got a little bit upset when I suggested that I might double check his story (which I'm doing as we speak). Given where I live I suspect he thought no one would ever do due diligence. I guess we'll see!

I am curious to hear if the guy's story checks out!

The main villain would pretty much have to be The Humungous with the serial numbers filed off.
There's a rival gang that sells Road Pizza.

The main villain is Pizza Face. He's exactly like Humungous except there is a pizza plastered on his face with eye holes and smiley mouth cut out.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back