Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Unless something pokes your roof while it's up. Had a rip in my roof, and the cost to do anything other than patch it was pretty high...
Yes. When I lived in Venice California I only considered two convertibles. Jeeps because I could buy cheap sun tops and at the time Mercedes SL/SLKs because they are hardtop convertibles. Too many homeless druggies in Venice to risk it. When I moved to Seattle I could look at soft tops. Now I wouldn't own a soft top in Seattle unless I had secured parking

I watched a bit... didn't see what the big deal was
First few episodes are still finding their legs. By halfway through the first season it's much better, season 2 is amazing, and the third is pretty goddamn transcendent.

And if someone says to me "That's too many episodes before it gets good," I have five words for you: Star Trek The Next Generation.

I liked DS-9 a lot better.
Me too, but TNG's objectively more popular. DS9 was only not the least popular back in the day because Voyager got a lot more hate.

And honestly none of those shows deserves the shit they get. DS9's the best made show out of all of them, and Voyager only fails in terms of overarching plotting. The individual episodes are often fantastic, and the character writing is great.

Edit: of course, in fairness, when Voyager's episodes suck, they really suck.

Last edited:
Me too, bot TNG's objectively more popular. DS9 was only not the least popular back in the day because Voyager got a lot more hate.

And honestly none of those shows deserves the shit they get. DS9's the best made show out of all of them, and Voyager only fails in terms of overarching plotting. The individual episodes are often fantastic, and the character writing is great.

Edit: of course, in fairness, when Voyager's episodes suck, they really suck.
True, but to go to the reason this was originally brought up, I never felt the need to watch all of TNG- I watched from the time it picked up, and never felt the need to go back. I waited similarly for DS9, but felt the need to watch the whole thing. So there was never any downtime in TNG for me.

Real life has recently (last year and a half or so) presented me with challenges I never even dreamed I’d be facing.

Opportunities too. It’s been a wild ride all around. Outwardly my life looks the same but inside I’m like a pressure cooker, with only a whistle and a tiny jet of steam let out to betray the heat and pressure within.

I stand in the precipice of a very heavy decision, and whichever path I take is guaranteed to be costly in terms of personal stakes.

We don’t get to rehearse life, and all we can do is bullshit our way to old age and death to the best of our ability.

A handful of you are privy to my current dilemma. To you, my gratitude for being kind and thoughtful listeners.

For everyone else, sorry for the vague posting. I assure you I am in good physical health and under no danger of becoming destitute. My struggles are chiefly emotional.

Whenever this is sorted out, I hope to be back to both RL gaming and the Pub. Until then, I’ll be lurking around sporadically.

Take care y’all.

Real life has recently (last year and a half or so) presented me with challenges I never even dreamed I’d be facing.

Opportunities too. It’s been a wild ride all around. Outwardly my life looks the same but inside I’m like a pressure cooker, with only a whistle and a tiny jet of steam let out to betray the heat and pressure within.

I stand in the precipice of a very heavy decision, and whichever path I take is guaranteed to be costly in terms of personal stakes.

We don’t get to rehearse life, and all we can do is bullshit our way to old age and death to the best of our ability.

A handful of you are privy to my current dilemma. To you, my gratitude for being kind and thoughtful listeners.

For everyone else, sorry for the vague posting. I assure you I am in good physical health and under no danger of becoming destitute. My struggles are chiefly emotional.

Whenever this is sorted out, I hope to be back to both RL gaming and the Pub. Until then, I’ll be lurking around sporadically.

Take care y’all.
Strength man, vibes, prayers, whatever.

Take care y’all.
Take care mate

T The Butcher I wish you all the best in your current tribulations:thumbsup:!

But jalapenos are at the mild end of the hot chilli scale.

I just drink hot sauce, I'm not crazy.
Well, that's good to hear:shade:!

And I should show that post to my wife! I mean, I put so much jalapeno on my food last night that she started to look at me suspiciously...so I suspect she doesn't know it's a mild sauce:grin:.

I've only read my kids the graphic novels. It's fine but I don't get why it's more popular than say Amulet or any of a dozen other good kids GNs.
It really is a great show. You just have to let it play out.

It really is a great show. You just have to let it play out.

Yeah Avatar The Last Airbender is one of my favourites

The characters are light and fun, and the setting unfolds as they travel the lands
Good character arcs as well
The story gets quite epic by the end of the series

Could easily been as big as Wizarding World I reckon
Really great stuff

Last edited:
Yeah Avatar The Last Airbender is one of my favourites

The characters are light and fun, and the setting unfolds as they travel the lands
Good character arcs as well
The story gets quite epic by the end of the series

Could easily been as big as Wizardring World I reckon
Really great stuff
It’s certainly better realized than anything Rowling wrote.

Take care y’all.
Good luck Butcher! Wishing you happiness and contentment!

On Monday we heard that some 300 of my fellow employees and myself will be transferred to work directly for IBM instead of the Red Hat subsidiary:

There is a certain level of anxiety, particularly as IBM is perceived to have a history of laying off older workers. I suspect that was the cause of my separation from them in 2013, I chose not to make too much fuss because I came out ahead, and now I'm going back in at roughly double the pay I earned at IBM in 2013... Actually it might even be a bit ahead as they will be setting our salary as if we got bonuses at the 100% funding level, which we never got.

What remains to be seen is some details, particularly about freedom to work on ANY open source project on our free time without any approval.

Went to visit my friends (D&D dm & her boyfriend) in rural Pennsylvania this weekend and had a great time. Went to the Apple Fest in Franklin, went hiking in Oil Creek State Park, watched a bunch of bad horror movies and did a little board gaming. It was a very nice trip.

The first time I went out there, this past July, the 8-hour drive from northeast Illinois to northwest Pennsylvania was a bit of a slog, but now that I know what to expect, it's fine.

SO while I await the test to find out if I have serious health problems or not, I have a minor annoyance that just popped up.

This nice little shop near Toronto called Outrun Collectibles just announced that they had to close down. The owner said that he's going to fulfill existing in stock orders but otherwise people should ask for refunds (or get store credit +20%). I pre-ordered HeroQuest expansions back in July (fully paid and everything). I'm worried that I've lost my money. Sure I could get in-store credit, but besides the Hero Quest stuff all that he has are comic and movie toys (which I'm not interested in).

Crap. It was a cool little shop too. I hope that I can get my games :sad:

Wonderful. I took my glasses off to trim the bit of my beard that glasses muck up and promtly cut my fucking ear lobe badly enough that I'm typing this with one hand whist stemming the bleeding with the other. I love getting old.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back