Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
AsenRG AsenRG Skarg Skarg My family-in-law lives in Mexico City ... The only way to find any address you're not familiar with is to ask around until someone happens to point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
AsenRG AsenRG Skarg Skarg On top of that there's also the completely incomprehensible - at least to non-locals - pesero system of public transport to get you to the general neighborhood or area you want to go. Again, if you're unfamiliar with an area you just have to ask around to find the right pesero to pick.

Don't wanna brag, but today I was asked to GM a whole campaign for a quite large group of people. Well, I guess I have to dismiss a few workshifts per month to make that happen. If only they could make it up for me monies-wise... But I'll fucking do it! :clown:

View attachment 57850
Mmm still groggy. This should have gone in the dank meme thread. Anyway I'm alive.
As a member of the 'zipper club', I can attest that general anaesthetic and major surgery takes it right out of you. Don't over-strain yourself, and get plenty of rest, but do do all the exercises and such that are prescribed and don't put them off.

Holy freaking workweek batman. So my Friday was so crazy that I was only able to get into bed at 1:30am. Yesterday was so crazy that I had to fill out a Significant Incident Report and a Mandatory Reporter form. Today I'm stuck at the hospital until likely midnight for work. Fortunately tomorrow is my Friday and I don't have to get up early.

I just spent a day off and the whole weekend on an assignment, well the draft version, so that has left me unsure about what day it is, as it doesn't feel like a Monday. At least I know who the Prime Minister is, that nice Mr Johnson!

And, after my vacation to Hawaii last week, what remains for me to hit all 50 states is: the entire East Coast minus Georgia; Nebraska; Kentucky; West Virginia.

Fairly confident I can knock out New York state and West Virginia sometime this year. I have some dear friends who live in Pennsylvania, and NY and WV are both bordering states to PA. In opposite directions, yes, but I'll most likely make more than one trip out that way.

I turned my son into a car repairman today!

I worked at a car repair shop for nearly a decade before it collapsed. I loaned my only car to my son when he got his license. Today I diagnosed a problem in that car and he fixed it. It was a simple matter of replacing a fuse, but from this day onward, he is a person who has fixed a car, and not everyone can claim that title.

Spontaneously bought a ticket to see the band Bat Hearse this Friday. I don't even know anything about the band. I just liked their promo photo and I like the club where they're playing and I'm trying to get back in the habit of enjoying the numerous activities my fine city has to offer.

Man I hate the ER, it's like a personal hell made just for me. Work has had to have me hang out there the last couple days and it suuuuucccckkkksssd. Worse still I get relieved around 11:30pm and still have to run back to the facility to do paperwork so I'm getting into bed at 1:30am.
This should hopefully change by the time I go back to work on Friday.
Blegh.

It's an exciting day for me today! I've applied for a High School Teaching Bachelors program. If all goes well I'll be starting May 1st. This is a culmination of a years worth of planning and hard work, and it's finally paying off.
Congrats. I would suggest making sure you've looked at projected retirements vs enrollments for schools where you're hoping to work.
Right now all the districts near me are dealing with dropping enrollment and overstaffing issues. I don't know what the supply curve of educators is looking like but the demand curve is trending down in my area.

Congrats. I would suggest making sure you've looked at projected retirements vs enrollments for schools where you're hoping to work.
Right now all the districts near me are dealing with dropping enrollment and overstaffing issues. I don't know what the supply curve of educators is looking like but the demand curve is trending down in my area.
There's a huge variance based on location about this issue. The good news there is always work as a teacher, the bad news is you might have to move to get it.

There's a huge variance based on location about this issue. The good news there is always work as a teacher, the bad news is you might have to move to get it.
The caveat to that is this is the first generation in a very very long while to experience population declines in the US. I suspect a lot of places haven't figured out they don't know what they don't know.

It's an exciting day for me today! I've applied for a High School Teaching Bachelors program. If all goes well I'll be starting May 1st. This is a culmination of a years worth of planning and hard work, and it's finally paying off.
Congratulations!

As far as finding work, a willingness to work/live in a rural community will provide work more often than an urban setting. A lot of teachers do not want to have a "long*" commute or to be in a rural environment.

*My commute is 30 minutes on a busy day. Which I don't think is bad at all. Yet, many who look into applying for my area think that is crazy.

Congratulations!

As far as finding work, a willingness to work/live in a rural community will provide work more often than an urban setting. A lot of teachers do not want to have a "long*" commute or to be in a rural environment.

*My commute is 30 minutes on a busy day. Which I don't think is bad at all. Yet, many who look into applying for my area think that is crazy.
Working in a rural school district is the dream! I grew up in a rural school district and remember how lacking some of my teachers were. That's what inspired me to go into teaching. Plus I hate living in the city.
Also, if I can survive dealing with the residents at my current job, non-traumatized teenagers will be a breeze.

Out here in California (Commie-fornia, if you prefer) we need approximately 1x10tothe9th power in teachers. Our current employment test involves being able to fog a mirror. Can you fog a mirror? Congratulations, you're hired!

Me at my organisation for the past 10 years: 'Hey guys, I know a LOT about Digital Accessibility and Inclusive Design. We should really be doing X, Y and Z to be compliant and better."

Company: "that's nice but please shut the fuck up we know what we're doing, peasant you don't even have a University degree you fucking retard"

Last week

Company: "OMG we watched this webinar about Accessibility and it was totally rad, they said we should to X, Y and Z to be more compliant and better! Hey Necrozius, what the hell, why didn't YOU tell us to do that?"

Me: *jumps off of roof*

Me at my organisation for the past 10 years: 'Hey guys, I know a LOT about Digital Accessibility and Inclusive Design. We should really be doing X, Y and Z to be compliant and better."

Company: "that's nice but please shut the fuck up we know what we're doing, peasant you don't even have a University degree you fucking retard"

Last week

Company: "OMG we watched this webinar about Accessibility and it was totally rad, they said we should to X, Y and Z to be more compliant and better! Hey Necrozius, what the hell, why didn't YOU tell us to do that?"

Me: *jumps off of roof*
Why didn't you want your company to succeed? Next time you should keep up with the latest trends and tell them.

Out here in California (Commie-fornia, if you prefer) we need approximately 1x10tothe9th power in teachers. Our current employment test involves being able to fog a mirror. Can you fog a mirror? Congratulations, you're hired!
Seems like a similar situation to the one in the Netherlands. Teachers are highly wanted.

Seems like a similar situation to the one in the Netherlands. Teachers are highly wanted.

Indeed. And here, they're even increasing the pay! Who'da thought that might get more people to teach lol.

That said, its good for two of my kids, as they are becoming teachers as I write this. One doing Special Ed, the other Music...

Sounds like the Bush (Alaskana: "everywhere off the road system and some places on the road system"), they'll give anyone with half a degree at least two chances. With a degree you can screw up and flame out in towns across half the state and still have a half decent chance at getting hired somewhere next year.

Perryville is offering 50k starting with a cert not a degree, dental, housing subsidy (often 100%), covering moving expenses, etc. Drawbacks: pop 50-90 & Coordinates: 55°54′49″N 159°9′4″W

Sounds like the Bush (Alaskana: "everywhere off the road system and some places on the road system"), they'll give anyone with half a degree at least two chances. With a degree you can screw up and flame out in towns across half the state and still have a half decent chance at getting hired somewhere next year.

Perryville is offering 50k starting with a cert not a degree, dental, housing subsidy (often 100%), covering moving expenses, etc. Drawbacks: pop 50-90 & Coordinates: 55°54′49″N 159°9′4″W
That sounds like a great way to build up some savings and make a difference!

Finally had to put my wife's cat down this morning. Her cancer was too much and she was just suffering. I thought I was handling it well until I went to take off my headset and went "oh need to put this in the bin so the cat doesn't knock it off the desk" and I realized I could put it anywhere.

It's weird the things that make you sad.

So lately I've noticed my Facebook feed is depressingly full of 'cooking' videos that elicit one of two responses from me: Who is this prancing jackanapes? Or What the actual fuck?! Sometimes, but not always at the same time. There should a test or some shit before people get to post videos about how to do things.

Exhibit 1: A Prancing Jackanapes...

1679946693849.png

Exhibit 2: Whatever this fucking abomination is supposed to be,,,

1679946971413.png

So lately I've noticed my Facebook feed is depressingly full of 'cooking' videos that elicit one of two responses from me: Who is this prancing jackanapes? Or What the actual fuck?! Sometimes, but not always at the same time. There should a test or some shit before people get to post videos about how to do things.

Exhibit 1: A Prancing Jackanapes...

View attachment 58311

Exhibit 2: Whatever this fucking abomination is supposed to be,,,

View attachment 58312
A whole lot of people on Facebook have discovered that the fastest way to farm impressions is to be ABSOLUTELY BATSHIT INSANE AND STUPID. Do the dumbest stuff possible. People can't help themselves. They have to respond to tell them how it is awful, or how it should really have been done, etc.

Just look at 5 minute crafts. They aren't even pretending any of their shit is useful anymore. They just make faked videos that are incredibly dumb, or show someone badly doing something.

A whole lot of people on Facebook have discovered that the fastest way to farm impressions is to be ABSOLUTELY BATSHIT INSANE AND STUPID. Do the dumbest stuff possible. People can't help themselves. They have to respond to tell them how it is awful, or how it should really have been done, etc.

Just look at 5 minute crafts. They aren't even pretending any of their shit is useful anymore. They just make faked videos that are incredibly dumb, or show someone badly doing something.
I recall seeing a video that talked about how a lot of weird videos like this are done by a Russian company based out of Cyprus. Their whole model is to pump out as many videos as possible to farm ad revenue.

I recall seeing a video that talked about how a lot of weird videos like this are done by a Russian company based out of Cyprus. Their whole model is to pump out as many videos as possible to farm ad revenue.
Yep they are on Youtube as well and do the same thing. I think I learned about the whole weird Russia connection from a video on Ann Reardon's "How To Cook That" channel on yt.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back