Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Rio has been battered by heavy rainstorms, shattering historical pluviometric records, in the last 24 hours, and already eight deaths confirmed. Link.

City in crisis state. Several businesses didn't open. Mrs. The Butcher remained home as her workplace was one of them, and Baby Butcher's daycare another.

Managed to get to the hospital -- sole surgeon to do so -- and operate on the more urgent patients. Nursing staff was surprisingly nearly complete, with some people having hitched a ride on a dump truck!

I was lucky enough to make it without much trouble there and back, even got to stop by a grocery store and do a quick shopping run.

Tomorrow we have a big professional meeting on the other side of town, with yours truly slated to give a talk in the afternoon.

Rain's subsiding and the worst flood points are clearing. Hopefully tomorrow will be closer to normalcy.

Except, of course, for the families who have lost someone. Or their homes and possessions.

Last edited:
Managed to get to the hospital -- sole surgeon to do so -- and operate on the more urgent patients. Nursing staff was surprisingly nearly complete, with some people having hitched a ride on a dump truck!
I've known enough nurses that this doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm glad to hear that you and and your family are okay.

Self-important dumbasses at the professional meeting, though. Gaah
Had some of that yesterday myself.

As a gov’t contractor, when your fed tells you we aren’t going to do a thing, shut it down, then you hear from another fed we are going to do a thing, but there is a lot of changeover in contractors and there are a lot of dependencies that are being ignored it makes you want to go strangle a fed.

On the plus side, my heterosexual life partner and player in my game presented again with me yesterday, we’ve been tapped by our sales folks to talk about the things we do. Apparently we are good at it, as we have brought in a pile of money by just completing each other’s thoughts. Both of us are of the opinion that we should not be speaking to anyone and something is broken in the universe fundamentally. And yet, here we are.

Lucky bastards.

I meant meeting as in symposium, though I get plenty of the other kind too.

And regarding symposia, I get it that these things are expensive and have to pay for themselves but fuck it, would it kill then to tone down the industry-sponsored talks?

Too many hoity-toity types from Fancypants Medical Center trying to pass off high-tech bullshit and expensive drugs as the solution to everyone’s woes. Had my fill of that, kthxby.

On the plus side, my heterosexual life partner and player in my game presented again with me yesterday, we’ve been tapped by our sales folks to talk about the things we do. Apparently we are good at it, as we have brought in a pile of money by just completing each other’s thoughts. Both of us are of the opinion that we should not be speaking to anyone and something is broken in the universe fundamentally. And yet, here we are.

to reply to myself, i got a kudos today from the sales folks. like... longest email i ever got from this guy. i'm just floored. not that I need the pat on the back (it's nice, but not my primary motivator), but rather how HORRIFYING it is that a couple of nerds (comp sci, aerospace engineer) are the effective team. lord have mercy on us all.

Today SO is headed for a stamp fair. I expect to be significantly poorer when she gets home. I'll drive down to see my dad for a while. The sudden cold weather is probably making it difficult to get around, 50 years of smoking and working around diesel engines left him with emphysema.

Back from the field trip and now watching my kids take their first karate class together. My son tried tae kwon do a long time ago but wasn't ready for it yet so I hope this works out better. The Sa Bum Nim seems good.

Back from the field trip and now watching my kids take their first karate class together. My son tried tae kwon do a long time ago but wasn't ready for it yet so I hope this works out better. The Sa Bum Nim seems good.
Next is ninjitsu, right?

Some nimrod seems to think it is ok to run a wood chipper at 7am on a Saturday, they've been going at it almost 3 hours now. :shock:

I expected to have done free days on the week of Easter, but obviously I have assignments to grade and fucking taxes to do. Tonight I have a date with the missus, though, so FUCK EVERYTHING.

Reasonable. :wink:

Actually I'm sure it is a tree service rather than an inconsiderate neighbor but I like the way you think.

I get why they are doing it on a Saturday, I live about 2 blocks from the county courthouse and am the edge of the residential area so the weekend is much less busy for crews doing tree work on the streets, but geez 7am.

I can still hear them at it now at 2pm but at a distance. This morning it sounded like they were right outside my bedroom.

Well just a thought but I knew guys who did work on weekends because what they were cutting was protected in some manner. By cutting on the weekend they only faced the fine as a risk vs a stop order.
Actually I'm sure it is a tree service rather than an inconsiderate neighbor but I like the way you think.

I get why they are doing it on a Saturday, I live about 2 blocks from the county courthouse and am the edge of the residential area so the weekend is much less busy for crews doing tree work on the streets, but geez 7am.

I can still hear them at it now at 2pm but at a distance. This morning it sounded like they were right outside my bedroom.

There is an anniversary of a family loss happening for me at present, which probably contributed to some transference coming out in my recent posts, which is off-the-track from the kind of things I normally post about.

Lots of folks may have inadvertantly picked up something was amiss, and many have PMed me over various different bits'n'pieces.
I thank you all for your support - it's all the proof I need to know that this is a site full of decent people :thumbsup:

Ok no more bumming down this scene from me, move along, nothing to see here
Please return to the usual goofiness :grin:

There is an anniversary of a family loss happening for me at present, which probably contributed to some transference coming out in my recent posts, which is off-the-track from the kind of things I normally post about.

Lots of folks may have inadvertantly picked up something was amiss, and many have PMed me over various different bits'n'pieces.
I thank you all for your support - it's all the proof I need to know that this is a site full of decent people :thumbsup:

Ok no more bumming down this scene from me, move along, nothing to see here
Please return to the usual goofiness :grin:

We got you. A lot of that going around. Probably going to be for a while since the majority of this forum is of an age.

57076201_2128991240529421_7717597665843740672_n.png

safe_image.php

What's burning? It's been over a decade since I was there but it seemed like so much of it was stone.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back