Real Life ‘Inspiration’ for a Cyberpunk Game

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The reason I think the first one (or something like it) would be there is the writing. I think a Vending Machine gun will have all sorts of gaudy advertisements on it, and use style over substance to make you think you're a badass.

See I think that would be to fancy for a vending machine. I think something more along the lines of a Kel-tec product would be vending machine fare.
P3AT-Right_DSC3035-1-1.jpg
Comes completely loaded with a non-reloadable magazine. :smile:

See I think that would be to fancy for a vending machine. I think something more along the lines of a Kel-tec product would be vending machine fare.
P3AT-Right_DSC3035-1-1.jpg
This one is obviously customizable during the high speed 3d print process. These are preferred by criminals because they are less traceable as a whole. The ultimate in disposable

I’m not even sure what to make of that

Nightmare fuel!

So question about Cyberpunk and scenarios- the GM threw out a request for how our special ops unit had a bad op. I proposed the following:

if we're going South, how about N. Korea (or Japan) sending a nuclear physicist to Venezuela (or some other country) to help boost their nuclear arms program, and put pressure on the US. The team takes an op that has to be off books because of where it is. Chris extends herself to get the intel the team needs to take out the physicist. The team does, but also discovers that the program is a lot further along than they thought. They are able to take out the program with direct action, but it results in them being made and disavowed. The company turns over the asset as part of the deal to keep the US's name out of it, and burns the team.

One of the replies was can we make it more cyberpunk than the nuclear option. Do people consider nuclear not to be cyperpunk?

So, I’m having some writers block. Help me think of some ideas for a cyberpunk crew who are the poor local boys and having to keep their ‘hood safe. Ideally there would be some anti corp vibes too, but doesn’t have to be the only thing. Key figure is that there is a player character troll who would end up being a politician/leader at some point. Magic exists (think sixth world) but definitely more street as a whole (think cyberpunk 2020)

So, I’m having some writers block. Help me think of some ideas for a cyberpunk crew who are the poor local boys and having to keep their ‘hood safe. Ideally there would be some anti corp vibes too, but doesn’t have to be the only thing. Key figure is that there is a player character troll who would end up being a politician/leader at some point. Magic exists (think sixth world) but definitely more street as a whole (think cyberpunk 2020)

a cyberpunk crew who are the poor local boys and having to keep their ‘hood safe
Made me think of a gang as well. Even before "some anti corp vibes" and "a Troll, future politician" were mentioned.

Made me think of a gang as well. Even before "some anti corp vibes" and "a Troll, future politician" were mentioned.
maybe my use of 'hood. I envision them as genuinely trying to improve the area and perhaps having to resort to asymmetric means to get the job done.

This is sort of an extension of a previous game that I felt had a lot of potential but really got weighed down by dice pools and too many modifiers. We had a character with a bar that served as the local meet up, and then the troll politician who was a self styled "mayor". I'd like the story to be pretty community focused, thinking about more than just themselves, etc. This might be a tall order for at least one of my players, but we'll see what we can do.

no, but it does give me a good perspective, and it's on starz, so an easy download and watch over the next couple of days while on vacation.

I wasn't exactly going for a "we're a gang" thing, but maybe!

They are a rather amoral gang of criminals here but the centrality of the 'hood, being very poor to begin with and one of the characters becoming a politician are all met in Once Upon a Time in America. There is also a strong political undercurrent that meets the anti-corp vibes big time.

It is also one of the best films of the era to boot.

They are a rather amoral gang of criminals here but the centrality of the 'hood, being very poor to begin with and one of the characters becoming a politician are all met in Once Upon a Time in America. There is also a strong political undercurrent that meets the anti-corp vibes big time.

It is also one of the best films of the era to boot.
Well I downloaded for watching in the hotel so I’ll get to it. Also unexpected work travel next week so plenty of plane time. Thanks!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back