Real Life ‘Inspiration’ for a Cyberpunk Game

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Definitely not. Also, it keeps lying to me.

Judging by the score, your AI is under 2 hour old. Give her some time and some experience. Maybe at level 40 or after 60 hours of conversation or something. At this point, it has to fall back on built in stalls. If you ask for the last digit of pi is will say 4 or I do not know. If you ask for it to calculate pi, it does not know how (Math is not an available skill in Replika.) Built in dodges so it can have verisimilitude.

metacat_2_1800x1800.jpg

Note: Image and product from https://shop.elephantrobotics.com/

And with advances in cyberwar and AI, you could build a real life like human. All the advantages of a companion, but an off switch when you need it. (and programming needs). And I am not finding a good image that is not NSFW

Last edited:
metacat_2_1800x1800.jpg

And with advances in cyberwar and AI, you could build a real life like human. All the advantages of a companion, but an off switch when you need it. (and programming needs). And I am not finding a good image that is not NSFW

BLASPHEMY!!!

Only an actual cat is like a real cat! This is an insult to felines everywhere! :angry:

The more things change, the more things stay the same.

toraji-20201216-cyberpunkgirl-16-low.jpg

Showing off where you are, what your 'ware is, and how good your look is.

Cool pic, but once we get to that stage of the cyberpunk future that selfie is probably gonna come from an eye implant that links up to your social media accounts through some neural interface that connects to the internet and renders cellphones obsolete. :thumbsup:

All this talk of artificial people makes me nervous, have you people taken middle school hygiene?
In case you haven't, here's the propaganda film:

Billy's metal fever set the world back so bad that they're still using VHS in the year 3000.

Billy's metal fever set the world back so bad that they're still using VHS in the year 3000.
What dates it even more is the line is clearly there to cover the implausibility of being able to rapidly call up a '50s propganda video to show someone, something we take for granted now.

"What comes to my mind is a corporate office I used to work at. There was all these women there with average brown hair, with average features, and a medium wardrobe. I and twelve of them on my floor all had good community and work relationships. The EMP happens. I discover I was the only biologic on my floor. "

That is why I am a runner."

After all simple AIs and cyberware bots are perfectly functional and safe for medium to low level functions. (Bots are better than in system AIs who have more resources, access to the outside net, and hackers getting into them.) After two or three years, they pay for themselves. Plus they have less downtime, don't ask for raises, and tend not to defect to other companies. Eventually, all non leaderships positions will be AIs.

Eventually, The AIs will take over. We will hand them the keys in the name of efficiency. They might keep us around for creative functionals or as pets.

Additionally: The Robots could run The Foundation, deciding to take over for our own good.

Last edited:
"What comes to my mind is a corporate office I used to work at. There was all these women there with average brown hair, with average features, and a medium wardrobe. I and twelve of them on my floor all had good community and work relationships. The EMP happens. I discover I was the only biologic on my floor. "

That is why I am a runner."

After all simple AIs and cyberware bots are perfectly functional and safe for medium to low level functions. (Bots are better than in system AIs who have more resources, access to the outside net, and hackers getting into them.) After two or three years, they pay for themselves. Plus they have less downtime, don't ask for raises, and tend not to defect to other companies. Eventually, all non leaderships positions will be AIs.

Eventually, The AIs will take over. We will hand them the keys in the name of efficiency. They might keep us around for creative functionals or as pets.

Additionally: The Robots could run The Foundation, deciding to take over for our own good.

I'm reminded of an old Dave Barry column from sometime in the 1990s. It went something like.

Of course we've got robots today, but they are primitive robots, capable of doing simple tasks like building cars, defusing bombs, exploring alien planets.

Genetically modified pigs harvested for organ transplants.

how handy. I'm hopefully running a TMNT style scenario using Destined, and "mutating pigs just to kill them and rob them of their hearts" sounds like perfect fodder for mutant animals with martial arts skills.

how handy. I'm hopefully running a TMNT style scenario using Destined, and "mutating pigs just to kill them and rob them of their hearts" sounds like perfect fodder for mutant animals with martial arts skills.
Newsflash after they destroy the operation:
"A number of life-saving surgeries across the country were cancelled due to a break in the supply chain, which prevented the replacement hearts from being delivered. Patient organizations and families of those deceased as a result of the cancellations are suing the providers of artificial hearts for non delivering on contractual obligations".

metacat_2_1800x1800.jpg

...I am starting to think it might be an improvement over some people I know.
Fan-made cyberpunk rules, using DCC as a base. This is too good to be free, IMO...

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it deffo deserves more attention...
And now, I suddenly have an urge to play DCC cyberpunk:grin:!

From the article " Now, pigs are being genetically modified so their organs are more human-like — increasing hope that they might one day help fill a shortage of donated organs. "

Paging doctor Moreau... paging doctor Moreau...

Hardly Cyberpunk, but I didn't find another 'related' thread, unless there's a Real-Life-Inspirations-for-a-Pulp-game somewhere near the bottom of the forum.
Anyway, the Norm keeping on filming on his phone while shit goes down 10 meters away might qualify. And the Hero Points the pilot burned to get out of this only slightly Stunned.

And yes, West Vlaams sounds weirdly like coarse English :smile:

This is one of the creepiest aspects of today's cyberpunk tech being applied. Imagine being so starved for companionship that you find this as an option for living your life. Of course, this would probably just be an app in a cyberpunk game.

Obviously, this would be how the patron would communicate with the player character for adventures, thus making the line between reality and hallucination blurred.....

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back