Recomendations for low Fantasy adventure models.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Rob Necronomicon

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Hello,

As per title. :smile: Can anyone recommend me some good low-fantasy adventure modules? That are not just dungeon crawls. I've got a lot of WFRP, LoTFP, and Symbaroum stuff already.
I don't really mind what system as I can convert it over.

Things I like to GM:
Mystery
intrigue
horror
Exploration
Exotic locations
Anything to do with piracy.
Sword + Sorcery

Ta' very much!

Ta' mate! I have the Monster island stuff alright but I don't have any of the Xoth stuff. So, I'll certainly check that out.

Hello,

As per title. :smile: Can anyone recommend me some good low-fantasy adventure modules? That are not just dungeon crawls. I've got a lot of WFRP, LoTFP, and Symbaroum stuff already.

Things I like to GM:
Mystery
intrigue
horror
Exploration
Exotic locations
Sword + Sorcery

Ta' very much!
House of Paper Shadows by our own BedrockBrendan BedrockBrendan would fit right in...many if not most of those. Yes, it's a wuxia adventure, but you can turn the clan into a monsterhouse, I suspect. Drop PCs in, blam, instant horror set-up:shade:!

Also, Strange Land of Li Fan by the same author can make for great Swords and Sorcery, and is set as a sandbox, which is a big plus in my book. In fact, I've long been maintaining that wuxia is S&S set in China (and lately, Korea) and swashbuckling is S&S set in 17th century Europe:thumbsup:.

You can kinda tell what I've been reading lately, can't you:grin:?

Last edited:
Betrayer at Asgard by Gareth Ryder Hanrahan was a very good adventure for the D20 Conan game (althouhg of the more linear kind).

There's the Mirkood campaign for the One Ring by the same author and a lot of other adventures for the line.

Last edited:
Death, Frost, Doom for LotFP is excellent. It has some dungeon, but it's not exactly standard dungeon fare.
I've ran that one, and yet I've never been able to understand why people keep saying that. Seems about what I'd expect from a dungeon!

Note: I don't expect "fairness":shade:.

I've ran that one, and yet I've never been able to understand why people keep saying that. Seems about what I'd expect from a dungeon!

Note: I don't expect "fairness":shade:.
Because the puzzle bit is interesting and engaging and works the whole space, not a single room. That's my take anyway.

You could contact Black Blade Publishing to see if they have any copies of my Scourge of the Demon Wolf Adventure left. I know they had at least one at GaryCon at list price.

1680095616500.png

Review

I will be releasing a 2nd edition set in my Majestic Fantasy Realms. Same adventure except the back half supplement will be changed to fit the Majestic Fantasy Realms.
Hello,

Things I like to GM:
Mystery
intrigue
horror
Exploration
Exotic locations
Sword + Sorcery

Ta' very much!

Perhaps WFRP as a base game?

Generally, for me it's: Low magic, gritty, grubby world and the characters are never too powerful. As well as limited magical items.
A lot of the Dragon Warriors adventures should suit. Start with Sleeping Gods I think.

Maelstrom is also worth looking at, although it may or may not be "fantasy" enough for your needs. The Domesday Campaign has lots of supernatural adventures, although it will need a bit of tinkering if you're playing in a later medieval period.

A lot of the Dragon Warriors adventures should suit. Start with Sleeping Gods I think.

Maelstrom is also worth looking at, although it may or may not be "fantasy" enough for your needs. The Domesday Campaign has lots of supernatural adventures, although it will need a bit of tinkering if you're playing in a later medieval period.
Thanks! I have all the dragon warriors stuff and I love it! It's one of my favorite games. That's actually a better example than WFRP as It has that kind of English grim mystery and folklore vibe I'm after. :smile: Malestrom would be good as well. I must check out that Domesday campaign. Ta'!

Thanks! I have all the dragon warriors stuff and I love it! It's one of my favorite games. That's actually a better example than WFRP as It has that kind of English grim mystery and folklore vibe I'm after. :smile: Malestrom would be good as well. I must check out that Domesday campaign. Ta'!
If you're interested in urban fantasy as well, Liminal might be up your street for that kind of English feel. Lots of fun and several adventures available.

Hello,

Things I like to GM:
Mystery
intrigue
horror
Exploration
Exotic locations
Sword + Sorcery

Ta' very much!
When you say “low-fantasy”, is it fair to think that magic is scarce or is it more accurate to think magic isn’t scarce but it tends to be low powered?

l might have a couple suggestions…

When you say “low-fantasy”, is it fair to think that magic is scarce or is it more accurate to think magic isn’t scarce but it tends to be low powered?

l might have a couple suggestions…
It could be a mixture of both... :smile: But generally, it would be rare and low powered but that's not to say that there could'nt be exceptions. Thanks!

DCC Lankhmar doesn't have any modules above 5th level. Most of those are urban rather than dungeon crawls, with unique situations. May not he exactly what you're looking for, but worth looking at.

I feel obligated to do a minor bit of self-promo here and recommend Trials of the Twin Seas for BEOWULF: Age of Heroes, which is a 5e take on Duet (1 GM, 1 Player) games. There's only one class (the Hero) and magic is only available as 'spooky at a distance' feats and for NPC Monsters (the system distinguishes between regular foes that work the regular 5e monsters work and capital-M Monsters which are much tougher to take on). It is set in the Migration Era, and imagined as the retellings of scops about events in the North and Baltic Seas (the 'Twin Seas') around the time that the Beowulf poem was being first composed.

DCC Lankhmar doesn't have any modules above 5th level. Most of those are urban rather than dungeon crawls, with unique situations. May not he exactly what you're looking for, but worth looking at.

Thanks... That sounds perfect! I love a good urban adventure. :smile:

I feel obligated to do a minor bit of self-promo here and recommend Trials of the Twin Seas for BEOWULF: Age of Heroes, which is a 5e take on Duet (1 GM, 1 Player) games. There's only one class (the Hero) and magic is only available as 'spooky at a distance' feats and for NPC Monsters (the system distinguishes between regular foes that work the regular 5e monsters work and capital-M Monsters which are much tougher to take on). It is set in the Migration Era, and imagined as the retellings of scops about events in the North and Baltic Seas (the 'Twin Seas') around the time that the Beowulf poem was being first composed.
Thanks, I'll check it out!

The best low Fantasy setting I have ever seen is King for a Day, Revised Edition.

It is a mystery story combined with fantasy elements in a systemless sandbox environment. It is very medieval without magic or sorcery.

But it is a very demanding setting, both for the GM and the players.

The best low Fantasy setting I have ever seen is King for a Day, Revised Edition.

It is a mystery story combined with fantasy elements in a systemless sandbox environment. It is very medieval without magic or sorcery.

But it is a very demanding setting, both for the GM and the players.
Thanks! That sounds awesome. :smile:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back