Recruiting: FAE Space Pulp Adventure

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

ZivenOfNine

Irrelivy is futilitant.
Reaction score
Looking for up to 6 players to be a team of troubleshooters with loose government authority, like the Pinkertons in the old west without the corruption and racketeering. We'll use Fate Accelerated Edition.

Inspirations are in the vein of Killjoys, The Mandalorian, Firefly, and the Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers.

Setting in brief:
= = = = = = = = = =
63 worlds throughout the Cluster participate in the Accord. Each planet has its own government and legal system, with the Assembly enforcing the agreed upon rules of commerce and travel between them, and in open space.

Per the Accord, anyone may hire a trained, elite member or team of members of empowered agents for hire who bear the power of Law and the guarantees of Bond.

Some teams are the Good Guys, some are mercenary, some are thugs who nonetheless uphold the Accords. Like the Freelancers of old, except their services are never free. When help is needed, when there is a job to be done, The Contract is the Covenant. Contact the Lancers.
= = = = = = = = = =

I am a very rules lite, "System Kinda Matters, But Rules Need To Shut Up When Awesome Is Happening" GM. That does not mean this is a full sandbox, just that there is a lot of room inside the fairly loose scenarios prepared for players to do their thing.

Players will design many aspects on their own. Alien Races, planetary cultures, etc, can be submitted as part of the setting and I will work them in.

Tone will be kept in the areas noted above as inspirations. This team of Lancers are the Good Guys, at least as much as Din Djarin or Mal Reynolds. Team callsign, ship design, etc, will be communally considered before the start of play.

It will be decided as a group whether you want me to offer you Contracts to choose from, or assign them on "Current episode" basis.

My GM style is cinematic and cooperative, with a lot of Yes, AND! and Yes, BUT! style improv amid the group encouraged. Expect puns and humor and some silliness/cheesiness amidst the action, adventure, and drama.

No set pace, but I will poke anyone who has not responded in 5 days before narrating or off-screening them, then writing them out if they remain silent for a second "move".

The first space is reserved for Silverlion.

Thanks for reading!

Looking for up to 6 players to be a team of troubleshooters with loose government authority, like the Pinkertons in the old west without the corruption and racketeering.
[ . . . ]
But that's the fun part!

Are you interested? Is anyone? Is it the system that's a problem?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back