Reign of Terror - CoC Meets the French Revolution

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I've been meaning to check this out. I believe it is linked to Horror On The Orient Express but can be treated as its own thing?

It's on my "to check out" list as well. It can be played alone but also can be linked to HotOE as a living insight into a particular villain.

So on a quick glance through the PDF I wish my players liked CoC. Looks really good. Couple of railroady points if using as part of the bigger adventure. Mostly things that need to happen. If I had more time I’d have a better read...looks good.

Seems like "take a historical era and add Cthulhu" is the thing to do lately. Let us know how you like it. Is there material for Scarlet Pimpernel and/or Sydney Carton-type hijinks?

Seems like "take a historical era and add Cthulhu" is the thing to do lately. Let us know how you like it. Is there material for Scarlet Pimpernel and/or Sydney Carton-type hijinks?

Haven’t got it yet but will let you know when I do.

"Lately"? It's been a thing for many, many years. Chaosium-published and otherwise.
I know they did 1990s and 1890s a couple decades back. Lately refers to Cthulhu Rome, Cthulhu French Revolution, Cthulhu Civil War, Cthulhu Charles Manson, etc.

Cthulhu French Revolution is definitely lately. Released in the past year?

Cthulhu Rome ("Cthulhu Invictus") came out about 9 years ago. Cthulhu Dark Ages, 14 years ago. Cthulhu World War I, 20 years ago. Lots of other stuff scattered around the past 20 years. So, it depends on your definition of the word, lately.

Cthulhu Rome ("Cthulhu Invictus") came out about 9 years ago. Cthulhu Dark Ages, 14 years ago. Cthulhu World War I, 20 years ago. Lots of other stuff scattered around the past 20 years. So, it depends on your definition of the word, lately.
Back in 1994, Pagan Publishing had Walker in the Wastes, a campaign that opened with the Franklin Expedition (1840s).
300px-Walker_in_the_Wastes.jpg

1997's The Realm of Shadows is set in the 1940s.
realm-shadows-1997-pagan-publishing_1_d2b9aaf6f66c3e82d09c6b5be45fadf8.jpg

However, it seems eras other than the '20s are more common than ever now.

I didn't realize those were that old.

Back in 1994, Pagan Publishing had Walker in the Wastes, a campaign that opened with the Franklin Expedition (1840s).

1997's The Realm of Shadows is set in the 1940s.
Yeah, I know. I own them. You're preaching to the choir.

64DD22DB-CF0F-4F9E-909A-52D21033B711.gif There are lots of cool historical adventures, Cold Harvest, set during the Soviet famines in particular looks cool and is something I’d like to run. I’ve read a lot on the period, and still do, Anne Applebaum’s latest book on the famine is on my reading list.

View attachment 2632 There are lots of cool historical adventures, Cold Harvest, set during the Soviet famines in particular looks cool and is something I’d like to run. I’ve read a lot on the period, and still do, Anne Applebaum’s latest book on the famine is on my reading list.
Wow. that one went past me completely.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back