Ridiculous (Bad) Game/Campaign Ideas

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Council of Nicea, the game. All players are delegates. You get to make the rules. But if you can't get others to agree, then you could be declared a heretic. Where do you stand on the Arian controversy? Is Jesus a man? God? Stop! You're both right. When is Easter? Will your see get elevated to the status of Alexandria, Rome, and Antioch?

Not so much a bad campaign idea as a bad character idea. Once I propsed running Mr. Blobby as a Street Fighter character, based on E Honda's sumo style. The plan was to sculpt a mini from fimo with a couple of boggly eyes glued on.

While some of the other players found this amusing the DM was horrified.

This campaign also had a couple of terribly serious and slightly edge-lordy players playing wu-shu babes. We used to wind them up by going 'Wax on. Wax off.' I'm not a terrible person. Honest.

Street Fighter was totally the best game White Wolf ever made. Change my mind.
Sometimes I fear that I may be the anthropomorphic personification of Mr. Welch.

Last edited:
Kawaii Five-O, sailor girls crimefighting in an unnamed 1970s tropical paradise, complete with Japanese high school and a clock that plays Westminster chimes. Music by Lalo Schifrin, of course.

This might, just, be enough to tempt Dumarest Dumarest into branching out into anime.
Minds out of the gutter please. I said Kawaii Five-O, not Hentai Five-O.

Last edited:
I love mismatch between goofy and dangerous. The teddy bear is cute and weird but could still kill you.

The mall items sound very similar to Friday the 13th, the Series. Was it inspired by that. That was a good show, though poorly named as it had nothing to do with the movies.

Not really. During its original run, I only ever got to see a handful of episodes. I didn't get to see it until the DVDs came out in 2009. It's a great series. The campaign in question was attempted around 1998. I suspect Warehouse 23 for GURPS was a greater influence.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back